• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits worst matchups.

Popertop

Smash Champion
alrite than...i think wario and pit have natural teamwork...seeing how we beat stitlz(snake) and light (meta) at drinkstation....are u going to drinkstation in december?
nah I don't think so.
Unless I just come into a bunch of money all of a sudden.
but I wasn't planning on it.
i have a concert the next day, so I need lots of rest for that.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I hate olimars, they are so annoying to fight and I just don't know what to do against them.

dchester

Smash Rookie
I play against olimar's all the time. Its all about the dodge and short hops, attack from above and spam arrows. One strategy is spam arrow short hop down smash while in air. Other strategy is spam arrow dodge down smash while on ground( once he's in the air be aggressive). This worked for me so I hope it helps you guys too

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pit has little option from above and Oli's Uair is scary, especially with a Yellow Pikmin.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
Oh yea, I also dislike playing against Pits, I just can't do well against them. I have to use someone else against them(usually G&W). :/

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha yea oli is annoying, and NEVER NEVER NEVER come from above on oli, Usmash will destroy you or UpB or if not those then a Uair will do the trick, with oli i find myself reflectingpikmin on the oli quite a bit or ftilting the pikmin that fly at me to kill them, and dont forget to edgeguard him and youll be fine

him hard for pit to play against, i dunno pits kinda one of those chars with no awful matchups, Mk obviously but thats true for all chars, pit actually does really well against snake

i used to have trouble against other pits, but its just another matchup, once you play it a few times you learn how to deal with it so dont worry

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Oh yea, I also dislike playing against Pits, I just can't do well against them. I have to use someone else against them(usually G&W). :/
Ditto (and probably all) matchups usually require exploiting the weaknesses of all of thier tactics and tools at thier disposal. Since you are, in a sense, fighting yourself, its pretty important to know practically everything about Pit's best tactics, combos, etc. so you won't fall victim to them.

But then again, everyone's playstyles differ one way or another, so it always comes back to the necessities of reading the opponent's mind, punishing thier mistakes, covering up your own, and pretty soon it will always involve Isai's quote:

"Don't get hit."

If this actually confused you more than you already are, then I apologize, for that I really somewhat suck at explaining stuff. :(

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
Nah I understood. Its just that in any game I'm always pretty bad at ditto(**** I dislike this word >.<, I prefer mirror match or something) matches. Be it SSBB, WC3(race) even D2(class) or WoW(class).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit hates G&W so much. I'm that convinced now, Thanks for scaring me again with your knowledge Sage...

Coffee™

I need it....
Pit hates G&W so much. I'm that convinced now, Thanks for scaring me again with your knowledge Sage...
I'm not really convinced about G&W. Marth and G&W seem fairly comparative as to the amount of trouble they actually give Pit.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I just go with Marth against G&W and G&W against Marth. I'm not great with them but meh, better than others. And I don't like mirror matches so I have to use both.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Trust me, mk and gw are counters to pit, with mk you have to be more cautious, but with gw all you have to use it is turtle, parachute, and key, than dsmash. Mk spam nado can be overcame by pit. But mk is faster, stronger, and outreachs pit.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
id say mk is his worst matchup
marth and g&w also arent great matchups
olimar is somewhat neutral maebe slightly leaning in olimars favor

other than that id say pit has got the edge or is neutral on almost every character

Top Bottom