• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pits worst matchups.

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
Ive decided to main pit. im prettty decent with him. getting better. im the type of guy who does tournaments alot so i kinda need to know who NOT to use Pit against.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hating Metaknight is the sure one.

Do be cautious against G&W and Marth though.

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
I hate to say it, but you're probably just better than those players and haven't fought a meta knight on your skill level.
that might be true. lol. i dont normaly play Pit vs Mk. normally ill use Falco. but i have played some Mk's with Pit and had no problems.

S.D

Smash Master
Marth can be pretty bad, especially a shield camper.

Pit is one of the easiest characters for Icies to chain throw too, if they cant CG the match is piss easy though.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Its MK. trust me on this one mike. its MK
dont believe me? rememebr the times i played ur friends MK and all he did was spam a few moves?
i beat him with lucario,gnw,dedede and marth. and i lost with pit who is my MAIN. now think about my pit. now think of that one crappy Mk player. put the two together and viola you got one of the most unbalanced matchups ever -_-

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
Its MK. trust me on this one mike. its MK
dont believe me? rememebr the times i played ur friends MK and all he did was spam a few moves?
i beat him with lucario,gnw,dedede and marth. and i lost with pit who is my MAIN. now think about my pit. now think of that one crappy Mk player. put the two together and viola you got one of the most unbalanced matchups ever -_-
lol your pit *****. so pretty much Mk is the one person NOT to use Pit against? alright sounds good. lol.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
so not pit against MK huh ill keep that in mind,

geez is anybody good against meta?! <<<<dumb question shun me lol

slash v1.0

Smash Cadet
Dang i need a siggy like that O_O where do i get those T_T. i know how to make a siggy but i need a good quality of a picture of pit..
google images or use a sd card to get the pics off your Wii i think i still need to make a good one haha

and why shun ppl?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit totally has the advantage over Ganon when played correctly. Actually Pit really is good against any heavyweight, like Bowser, DK, Link, Ganon, and Wario, and even though Pit is usually outranged in melee attacks, but his ability to pressure and gimp is a big plus in Pit's favor. Note that Pit still has his little F-throw chaingrab as well.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Pit's Mirror shield is one of the only things in the game that will help you gimp MK's recovery, but other than that Pit really has nothing that breaks MK's tornado. Despite what the MK tornado thread tells you, his f-tilt and other moves only break the tornado right as it begins. As well, his dair sweeps sideways and does not break through tornado from the top in my experience. However, if you can use down+B as a sort of counter for shuttle loops over the edge, or tornadoes, or forward +Bs, it can get some nice gimps. If they seen this coming, they can use down+B to just disappear though :(

kown

Smash Lord
i think popertop is right for now...
a good wario uses airdodge 20 million times more than we shoot arrows. i think the way to beating wario is by challening his airdodge..with nairs, upairs, and wtvr. staying on the ground against a wario is never a good idea. you hvae to beat him in the air...but this is just my opinion...one could argue that wario's aerials are amazing...true but i think pit can challenge him..its just a matter of having experience.
i think the matchup could turn to pits favor. but than again id have to get WAY (looks at popertop) more exp against wario.

popertop: we need to hook up for dubz...unless your dedicated to esca.

Popertop

Smash Champion
nah, esca cheated on me with take this time.
I dunno, we'd have to get really good before I would be confident enough to enter anything.

kown

Smash Lord
nah, esca cheated on me with take this time.
I dunno, we'd have to get really good before I would be confident enough to enter anything.
alrite than...i think wario and pit have natural teamwork...seeing how we beat stitlz(snake) and light (meta) at drinkstation....are u going to drinkstation in december?

LA180

Smash Rookie
Bad match ups? Hmmm...I main Pit and I never had a bad match up. Maybe its just how people use him.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Bad match ups? Hmmm...I main Pit and I never had a bad match up. Maybe its just how people use him.

Or how the other person uses their character.

A Meta Knight that doesn't chase you off the edge isn't anywhere near as scary as one who does.
A Marth that doesn't jump is wtfeasy
and so on.

Matchups assume that each player is playing their character to the metagame standard.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I don't think MK is too bad, but I have alot of experience in that matchup. I don't like Wario and Lucario. Lucario is hard to close in on and Wario is just all over the ****ing place. It's stupid lol. I don't like D3 too much either. Even tho its hard for him to cg Pit, if D3 can do it right then its just as consistent as on any other character.

But I don't have much matchup experience with any of those characters, so it could possibly be just my lack of knowledge in how to play the matchup. I really need to start camping more lolz.

Anybody got any info on Olimar? I've heard it's a horrible matchup for Pit, but it's never been confirmed.

Top Bottom