• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's strongest and weakest maps

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
So for restricting and counter picking I'm never quite sure how to pick.

It tends to be easy enough against some characters for example dedede restrict something thats good for chaingrabs (example castle siege) and counterpick something that will make it hard for you to be chaingrabed (example norfair).

But with characters that don't have such a focus point I'm kind of at a lost. Generally for your normalish character I go with restricting castle siege (I hate that map) or pokemon stadium. Pit can't fly under either map so he immediately loses an option there on both maps. I just don't like castle siege but I think pokemon stadium is the worse pit map in general and as its often a neutral the opponent doesn't even have to realize to counterpick it.

For my counterpick I generally will go with smashville as its just a good map that pit can get under or final d.

I've had success with mario circuit (really high ceiling so good against like snake who has much better vertical kills) or norfair (the maps odd shape tends to just work for pit).

I'm curious where other people restrict and counterpick. Right now tournies generally have a large variety of banned stages so really post anythinng that works.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I made one some time back i havn't been keeping up with it but its in undr's pit thread guide stickied at the top

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i think yoshi's island is pit's worst stage. and i either counter pick with smashville, delfino, or brinstar. if i need anymore from playing one map and having banned another, i go halberg and rainbow cruise.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
i think yoshi's island is pit's worst stage. and i either counter pick with smashville, delfino, or brinstar. if i need anymore from playing one map and having banned another, i go halberg and rainbow cruise.

I don't understand delfino. I sort of get brinstar although I don't really like that map you seem to like maps you can attack through.

I suppose thats probably why you like delphino as well (of course I could be way off). Still the water ruins that map for me. Generally that area will just become a spike fest which pit loses. Also you can't go under anything but the transition part. I have generally written delphino off as an average pit level I may have to try it some more.

Also I didn't want to go into character specifics but as these tend to be pits hardest matchups and can somewhat differentiate this thread from corrupts.

Marth, meta, snake, olimar and g&w are pits hardest matches as far as I can tell.

For marth I tend to just pick something neutral that I can go under.
For meta again something neutral except also I don't pick battlefield as shuttle loop is just weird there.
Snake I go mario circuit because his best kills are vertical and norfair also seems to do well against him.

olimar and g&w I don't have much experience against I imagine frigate would be a pain for olimar and I really have nothing for g&w.

also don't make this a discussion about his hard matchups if you don't agree with a matchup thats fine feel free to suggest your counter pick for anyone or just general counterpick strategy.

KratosAurion

Smash Rookie
I've found Final Destination to be a pretty decent stage for Pit, it's easy to keep pressure on your opponent with arrows since there aren't any obstacles or platforms. Other stages that I enjoy with Pit are Delfino Plaza and Halberd, it's just fun to fly under the stage and attack by coming from below(you can go through the main platform).

I used to love Bridge of Eldin back in the day when I was learning Pit and spammed arrows, right now it's just meh since Pit can be KOed quite easily there. Arrows aren't much of a deciding factor if you play against good players.

I can't think of many stages that I hate with Pit but Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise are on the bad side IMO. Castle Siege has low platforms at the beggining which doesn't benefit any character and the statues in the second part block your arrows. Lylat Cruise is just too small, it could make some matchups very difficult (like Olimar for example). I also agree with the concensus that Yoshi's Island is a bad stage for Pit.

T think Pit generally goes pretty well on most stages, but in the end i pick em up depending on the matchup.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
I find that Rainbow cruise is an awesome stage for pit and so is Corneria.

My corneria strategy is actually a pretty good strat, you go down to where the blasters are, and than when the enemy comes down, i jump up and either fair or nair and it usually works out very well (the other possibility is that i die). So, its a gamble, but it usually works out.

battlefield is also a very good place for pit i find.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
how is rainbow cruise against marth. It seems like it could be good.

For the corneria it doesn't seem like most people would risk going down after you and even with arrow looping it'd be hard to force them. I have found it a good map against some people who dont' have good vertical kills.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
The Stages good for Pit completely rely on th type of fighter you are.

If you like to Spam, Loop, or Swarm Arrows, then you'll love Final Destination. However if you're a speedy little bugger who platform cancels and Platform Wing Cancels to increase Pit's speed and aerial maneuverability, then Final Destination sucks for you. In contrast, Lylat Cruise is AMAZING for Pit if you like to platform cancel and the such but don't rely heavily on arrows.

The trick is to have a very well rounded Pit. In doing so and being able to change your play style on a whim, you can take advantage of most stages.

Battlefield
Pros:
~Great Aerial Fighting
~Great Edgeguarding
~Lots of room to recover
~Able to fly beneath
Cons:
~Arrow Game diminishes
~Gliding while on the stage becomes difficult
~Exposes Pit's soft underbelly to opponents with good Up attacks

Final Destination
Pros:
~Amazing Arrow Game
~Gliding is very free here
~Able to fly beneath
~Very easy to edgeguard
~Easy to recover on
~The lip on the edges can actually be used as a safe point during the WoI
Cons:
~No Platform Canceling

Delfino Plaza
Pros:
~Arrows can be looped and swarmed under and through the stage
~Great Recovery Options
~Walls lead to fun combos
~Can recover under the stage most of the time
Cons:
~Walls offer and advantage to characters that can use them better
~At times there are walk-off edges
~At times there are low ceilings
~Pit can't swim to save his life
~Water is easily accessible and Pit can get spiked easily
~The pits are bad for Pit
~Can't force opponents under the stage

Luigi's Mansion
Pros:
~Amazing Combos lead bridge power gap between characters
~Enough room for good recovery
~Recovering above Luigi's mansion can work out very well at times
~Very easy to force opponents under the stage
~If opponent destroys the Mansion to avoid combos, you gain most of the advantages from Final Destination
~Opponents think this is actually a counter-pick for Pit
Cons:
~Arrow game is gone while on the stage unless Mansion is destroyed
~Can't travel under the stage

Mushroomy Kingdom
*BANNED*

Mario Circuit
Pros:
~At times projectiles come in handy
Cons:
~Walk-off edges
~Arrows Looping is nerfed
~Gliding is nerfed

Rumble Falls
*BANNED*

Bridge of Eldin
Pros:
~Good for Swarming and Looping
~Highish ceiling
Cons:
~Arrows are easily dodged
~Can't go under stage
~Walk-off edges

Pirate Ship
Pros:
~Arrows can reach people in all positions
~Very easy to edgeguard
Cons:
~Can't go under for most of the match
~Water

Norfair
Pros:
~Pit's recovery options are astounding
~Pit is very good at putting his opponent in tight spots
~This stage puts the fight in the air
~Pit can reach the shelter faster then his opponents
~Pit can spam arrows easily
~Pit can spam arrows from the shelter to disable or shrink the opponents shield
~Pit can fly above the magma wave
~Pit can use his Mirror Shield to actually enter the magmafalls from the sides
~While difficult, Pit can shield the large magma wave
~Opponent vulnerable from beneath
~Can fly beneath stage to multiple degrees
~Magma conceals arrows and Arrow Swarming
Cons:
~Looping is difficult

Frigate Opheon
Pros:
~Stage can be traveled under
~Pit can avoid the flip by flying
~Edgeguarding is very easy
~Has a healthy mix of platforms and open space
~Less dense characters have trouble with the flip
Cons:
~Forgetting that this stage only has one grabable edge at times can lead to mistakes when traveling under the stage
~Flipping can at times put your opponent right where you are as you're recovering

Yoshi's Island
Pros:
Cons:
~Can't travel beneath
~Large platform makes Looping and all variants difficult at best
~Shyguys simply live to ruin your game
~Ghost hurts more then it helps

Halberd
Pros:
~Travel under and through the stage, half of the match is possible
~Easy to pin an opponent into a deadly hazard
~Easy to outrun hazards
~Moderately easy to edgeguard
~Easy to stick near your opponent when you're targeted
Cons:
~Half of the time you can't travel beneath stage
~Looping can be hard with the large platform

Lylat Cruise
Pros:
~Tilting stage doesn't ruin Pit
~Platforms are great for platform canceling and Wing Canceling
~Platforms allow for extended aerial combos
~A lot of room to recover
~VERY easy to edgeguard
~Easy to drag opponents beneath the stage
~Platforms are low enough that you can Loop Arrows off the stage and above the platforms
~Maneuvering is very fluid for Pit
~You can travel beneath the stage
Cons:
~Looping can be nerfed while on the stage
~Normal arrow spam can be eaten by the tilted stage thus forcing additional Arrow Bending

Pokemon Stadium 2
*Never played here, should be banned.*

Spear Pillar
*BANNED*

Port Town Aero Drive
~So much room for Looping and Swarming
~Lots of room to recovery
~Pit can fly above cars for long periods of time
~Pit can block cars with his Mirror Shield
~Can travel underneath the stage
~Pit can pin opponents to the road during rush hour
~Enough platforms to keep Pit moving fast
Cons:

Castle Siege
Pros:
~Recovery is great in third stage
Cons:
~Arrows are nearly impossible outside of the third stage
~Can't be gone under
~Walk-off edges

Warioware, Inc.
*BANNED*

Distant Planet
*Never played, probably banned*

Smashville
Pros:
~Good Recovery
~Pretty easy edgeguard
~Can travel under
~Platform is moving thus easier cancels
~Moving platform, if kept track of, can lead to well timed Arrow Loops that would seem impossible.
Cons:
~Platform can at times get in the way
~Many other characters share the same advantages as Pit does

New Pork City
*BANNED*

The Summit
*BANNED*

Skyworld
*BANNED* (But very good for Pit)

75m
*BANNED*

Mario Bros.
*BANNED*

Flat Zone 2
*BANNED*

Pictochat
Pros:
~Create stage leads to creative attacks
~Most of the layouts assist in Pit's arrow game
~Typically large and wide open
~Walls at times help with combos
~Diagonal line can put Pit out of reach of some characters
~Hazards are easily avoided by Pit
~Pit can force opponents into hazards
Cons:
~Can't fly under
~Relatively close boundaries

Hannenbow
*Should be banned*
Pros:
~Easy to camp
~If stage is understood, combos can be chained
~Angel Ring can cause platforms to jolt
~Nice Gliding opportunities
Cons:
~Combos impossible unless you know the stage

Shadow Moses Island
*Should be banned*
Pros:
~Walls protect Pit from being sent flying
~Great Platform Canceling
Cons:
~Hard to kill up for Pit and killing from the sides is nearly impossible
~Arrow Game is useless
~No Looping
~Walk-Offs are almost as bad as the walls

Green Hill Zone
Pros:
~Checkpoint fun
~Great terrain for Pit
~Relatively high ceiling
~Gliding from camp to camp
~Creativity with the arrows
Cons:
~Walk-off edges
~Checkpoints can become distracting. >_>

Hyrule Temple
*BANNED*

Yoshi's Island Melee
Pros:
Cons:
~Walk-off edge
~Platforms unreliable
~No room to recovery

Jungle Japes
Pros:
~Campable
~Can travel beneath the stage and platforms
~Water isn't a big issue for Pit here
~Current rarely kills Pit
~Platform is good for maneuvering
~Platform, while big, doesn't get in the way of arrows.
~Arrows concealed in the water make for surprise attacks at bad times
~Shield can block Clap-Trap
~Well timed Arrows can put people back into the river as they are jumping out
~High Ceiling
~Decently far off boundaries
Cons:
~Difficult to fly under stage
~Low bottom boundary makes recovering from a spike difficult

Onett
~Walls are great for combos
~Hard to kill Pit with proper DI
~Great Platform maneuvering
Cons:
~Walls are bad if opponent is better at who combos. (Dedede, Wolf, ect...)
~Some characters are hard to kill upwards
~Looping and Swarming are out of the question

Corneria
Pros:
~Wall is fun for combos
~Close edge on one side works for Pit more then against
~Able to travel beneath
~Arrows and camping at the bottom
~Reflecting Arwing and Wolfen blasts can be nice
Cons:
~Close edges aren't all that fun

Rainbow Ride
Pros:
~Very easy to get around
~Makes other characters look slow
~Pit is in his element
~Platform canceling is abundant
~Arrows can pin opponents in strange parts of the stage
Cons:
~No Looping or Swarming
~If you get rushed you could be in trouble as footing is hard to come by at times

Green Greens
(Might be banned, but doubt it)
Pros:
~Flying beneath is a breeze
~Added projectiles in the form of apples
~Easy to camp on
Cons:
~Wind
~Very close borders
~Bombs effect Pit more then many characters

Big Blue
*BANNED*

Brinstar
Pros:
~Platforms are spaced just enough to stay on your opponent
~Can be traveled beneath
~Lots of room for recovery
Cons:
~Acid can force you to go to your opponent when you don't want to
~While Arrows aren't taken away here it becomes more difficult to use them
~No Looping or Swarming

Pokemon Stadium
*Should be banned in my opinion; probably won't be*
Pros:
??? No idea really. Stage really bites.
Cons:
~Can't go beneath
~Arrows are often removed by walls of all sorts

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Geez, I had this whole thing written out for most of the stages, and I refresh and find Undrdog's monstrous post. He pretty much hits the nail on that one.

Pit's stage counterpicking is also heavily dependant upon his opponent. For example, Snake will love Battlefield and Smashville because of the platform advantages. Snake can slide all over the **** place on FD, but you can maneuver really well there too (Snake's tend to ban FD though). Vs. G&W and MK, FD is brutal because they'll outmaneuver you.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand delfino. I sort of get brinstar although I don't really like that map you seem to like maps you can attack through.

I suppose thats probably why you like delphino as well (of course I could be way off). Still the water ruins that map for me. Generally that area will just become a spike fest which pit loses. Also you can't go under anything but the transition part. I have generally written delphino off as an average pit level I may have to try it some more.
when i play on delfino. i almost never get myself in the water. i'm actually the one on top waiting for them to come up (just be patient during the pillar stages and don't go in) the platforms on delfino are one of my favorites to platform wing cancel on. not only the platforms but you can mix up between u-airs below the stage and wing cancelling when you come from below. aaaaaand if the opponent doesn't have multijumps + floaty recoveries, the stage will gimp them going into transitions sometimes. most of the levels on delfino are walk offs or have water(gives your jumps back too) at the sides so you don't have to worry about getting gimped after getting hit far away.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I sorta like yoshi's island, only thing i dont like is no protection when ur using WoI.

One of the main stages that cause me problems is BF. The stage just gets in the way of heavy aerial style . Once im on the defensive and im above the platforms i find it really hard to get back in control.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hmm... so Mr. Game & Watch is a bad matchup for pit? I've never really thought of it like that :/ I counterpicked Pit and Jungle Japes against someone's Mr. Game & Watch once, it worked well but I accidentally suicided from the pressure. Mr. Game & Watch has trouble killing you there since most of his good killing moves are ones that send you up, and you're not dieing like that on that level at a low percentage, and it's easy to manuver there.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Yoshi's Island
Pros:
Cons:
~Can't travel beneath
Ban this one. It's the only neutral Pit can't travel under, giving you a very hard time with recovering sometimes. The platform also does not work to Pit's advantage, arrowing is harder here, and Pit's drop through platform game is relatively weak. Pit has no real advantages here. It's the neutral he's most disadvantaged on.

In general, all of the neutrals are good for Pit. I still find Smashville to be Pit's best stage though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Final Destination is my best place, too.
I'm currently learning about Norfair, even though I usually play FD since it is my best place, and I dont like Battlefield much since the platforms do ruin my arrow looping, which i use for mindgames.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Ban this one. It's the only neutral Pit can't travel under, giving you a very hard time with recovering sometimes. The platform also does not work to Pit's advantage, arrowing is harder here, and Pit's drop through platform game is relatively weak. Pit has no real advantages here. It's the neutral he's most disadvantaged on.

In general, all of the neutrals are good for Pit. I still find Smashville to be Pit's best stage though.
Generally the tournaments I go to pokemon stadium is also a neutral and I tend to find that map more annoying then yoshi island.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
PS1 should be banned, yet somehow it's the on several people's Initial Stage list. -_-

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I like jungle japes against snake (and most other players). Pit can get a stage advantage because of the small platform on the left. Pit can camp effectively too. Plus the ceiling is high so it adds 30% to pits sruvivability from dying up. not only that but water makes it easier to gimp snake with a cypher grab.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
The Stages good for Pit completely rely on th type of fighter you are.

If you like to Spam, Loop, or Swarm Arrows, then you'll love Final Destination. However if you're a speedy little bugger who platform cancels and Platform Wing Cancels to increase Pit's speed and aerial maneuverability, then Final Destination sucks for you. In contrast, Lylat Cruise is AMAZING for Pit if you like to platform cancel and the such but don't rely heavily on arrows.

The trick is to have a very well rounded Pit. In doing so and being able to change your play style on a whim, you can take advantage of most stages.

Battlefield
Pros:
~Great Aerial Fighting
~Great Edgeguarding
~Lots of room to recover
~Able to fly beneath
Cons:
~Arrow Game diminishes
~Gliding while on the stage becomes difficult
~Exposes Pit's soft underbelly to opponents with good Up attacks

Final Destination
Pros:
~Amazing Arrow Game
~Gliding is very free here
~Able to fly beneath
~Very easy to edgeguard
~Easy to recover on
~The lip on the edges can actually be used as a safe point during the WoI
Cons:
~No Platform Canceling

Delfino Plaza
Pros:
~Arrows can be looped and swarmed under and through the stage
~Great Recovery Options
~Walls lead to fun combos
~Can recover under the stage most of the time
Cons:
~Walls offer and advantage to characters that can use them better
~At times there are walk-off edges
~At times there are low ceilings
~Pit can't swim to save his life
~Water is easily accessible and Pit can get spiked easily
~The pits are bad for Pit
~Can't force opponents under the stage

Luigi's Mansion
Pros:
~Amazing Combos lead bridge power gap between characters
~Enough room for good recovery
~Recovering above Luigi's mansion can work out very well at times
~Very easy to force opponents under the stage
~If opponent destroys the Mansion to avoid combos, you gain most of the advantages from Final Destination
~Opponents think this is actually a counter-pick for Pit
Cons:
~Arrow game is gone while on the stage unless Mansion is destroyed
~Can't travel under the stage

Mushroomy Kingdom
*BANNED*

Mario Circuit
Pros:
~At times projectiles come in handy
Cons:
~Walk-off edges
~Arrows Looping is nerfed
~Gliding is nerfed

Rumble Falls
*BANNED*

Bridge of Eldin
Pros:
~Good for Swarming and Looping
~Highish ceiling
Cons:
~Arrows are easily dodged
~Can't go under stage
~Walk-off edges

Pirate Ship
Pros:
~Arrows can reach people in all positions
~Very easy to edgeguard
Cons:
~Can't go under for most of the match
~Water

Norfair
Pros:
~Pit's recovery options are astounding
~Pit is very good at putting his opponent in tight spots
~This stage puts the fight in the air
~Pit can reach the shelter faster then his opponents
~Pit can spam arrows easily
~Pit can spam arrows from the shelter to disable or shrink the opponents shield
~Pit can fly above the magma wave
~Pit can use his Mirror Shield to actually enter the magmafalls from the sides
~While difficult, Pit can shield the large magma wave
~Opponent vulnerable from beneath
~Can fly beneath stage to multiple degrees
~Magma conceals arrows and Arrow Swarming
Cons:
~Looping is difficult

Frigate Opheon
Pros:
~Stage can be traveled under
~Pit can avoid the flip by flying
~Edgeguarding is very easy
~Has a healthy mix of platforms and open space
~Less dense characters have trouble with the flip
Cons:
~Forgetting that this stage only has one grabable edge at times can lead to mistakes when traveling under the stage
~Flipping can at times put your opponent right where you are as you're recovering

Yoshi's Island
Pros:
Cons:
~Can't travel beneath

Halberd
Pros:
~Travel under and through the stage, half of the match is possible
~Easy to pin an opponent into a deadly hazard
~Easy to outrun hazards
~Moderately easy to edgeguard
~Easy to stick near your opponent when you're targeted
Cons:
~Half of the time you can't travel beneath stage
~Looping can be hard with the large platform

Lylat Cruise
Pros:
~Tilting stage doesn't ruin Pit
~Platforms are great for platform canceling and Wing Canceling
~Platforms allow for extended aerial combos
~A lot of room to recover
~VERY easy to edgeguard
~Easy to drag opponents beneath the stage
~Platforms are low enough that you can Loop Arrows off the stage and above the platforms
~Maneuvering is very fluid for Pit
~You can travel beneath the stage
Cons:
~Looping can be nerfed while on the stage
~Normal arrow spam can be eaten by the tilted stage thus forcing additional Arrow Bending

Pokemon Stadium 2
*Never played here, should be banned.*

Spear Pillar
*BANNED*

Port Town Aero Drive
~So much room for Looping and Swarming
~Lots of room to recovery
~Pit can fly above cars for long periods of time
~Pit can block cars with his Mirror Shield
~Can travel underneath the stage
~Pit can pin opponents to the road during rush hour
~Enough platforms to keep Pit moving fast
Cons:

Castle Siege
Pros:
~Recovery is great in third stage
Cons:
~Arrows are nearly impossible outside of the third stage
~Can't be gone under
~Walk-off edges

Warioware, Inc.
*BANNED*

Distant Planet
*Never played, probably banned*

Smashville
Pros:
~Good Recovery
~Pretty easy edgeguard
~Can travel under
~Platform is moving thus easier cancels
~Moving platform, if kept track of, can lead to well timed Arrow Loops that would seem impossible.
Cons:
~Platform can at times get in the way
~Many other characters share the same advantages as Pit does

New Pork City
*BANNED*

The Summit
*BANNED*

Skyworld
*BANNED* (But very good for Pit)

75m
*BANNED*

Mario Bros.
*BANNED*

Flat Zone 2
*BANNED*

Pictochat
Pros:
~Create stage leads to creative attacks
~Most of the layouts assist in Pit's arrow game
~Typically large and wide open
~Walls at times help with combos
~Diagonal line can put Pit out of reach of some characters
~Hazards are easily avoided by Pit
~Pit can force opponents into hazards
Cons:
~Can't fly under
~Relatively close boundaries

Hannenbow
*Should be banned*
Pros:
~Easy to camp
~If stage is understood, combos can be chained
~Angel Ring can cause platforms to jolt
~Nice Gliding opportunities
Cons:
~Combos impossible unless you know the stage

Shadow Moses Island
*Should be banned*
Pros:
~Walls protect Pit from being sent flying
~Great Platform Canceling
Cons:
~Hard to kill up for Pit and killing from the sides is nearly impossible
~Arrow Game is useless
~No Looping
~Walk-Offs are almost as bad as the walls

Green Hill Zone
Pros:
~Checkpoint fun
~Great terrain for Pit
~Relatively high ceiling
~Gliding from camp to camp
~Creativity with the arrows
Cons:
~Walk-off edges
~Checkpoints can become distracting. >_>

Hyrule Temple
*BANNED*

Yoshi's Island Melee
Pros:
Cons:
~Walk-off edge
~Platforms unreliable
~No room to recovery

Jungle Japes
Pros:
~Campable
~Can travel beneath the stage and platforms
~Water isn't a big issue for Pit here
~Current rarely kills Pit
~Platform is good for maneuvering
~Platform, while big, doesn't get in the way of arrows.
~Arrows concealed in the water make for surprise attacks at bad times
~Shield can block Clap-Trap
~Well timed Arrows can put people back into the river as they are jumping out
~High Ceiling
~Decently far off boundaries
Cons:
~Difficult to fly under stage
~Low bottom boundary makes recovering from a spike difficult

Onett
~Walls are great for combos
~Hard to kill Pit with proper DI
~Great Platform maneuvering
Cons:
~Walls are bad if opponent is better at who combos. (Dedede, Wolf, ect...)
~Some characters are hard to kill upwards
~Looping and Swarming are out of the question

Corneria
Pros:
~Wall is fun for combos
~Close edge on one side works for Pit more then against
~Able to travel beneath
~Arrows and camping at the bottom
~Reflecting Arwing and Wolfen blasts can be nice
Cons:
~Close edges aren't all that fun

Rainbow Ride
Pros:
~Very easy to get around
~Makes other characters look slow
~Pit is in his element
~Platform canceling is abundant
~Arrows can pin opponents in strange parts of the stage
Cons:
~No Looping or Swarming
~If you get rushed you could be in trouble as footing is hard to come by at times

Green Greens
(Might be banned, but doubt it)
Pros:
~Flying beneath is a breeze
~Added projectiles in the form of apples
~Easy to camp on
Cons:
~Wind
~Very close borders
~Bombs effect Pit more then many characters

Big Blue
*BANNED*

Brinstar
Pros:
~Platforms are spaced just enough to stay on your opponent
~Can be traveled beneath
~Lots of room for recovery
Cons:
~Acid can force you to go to your opponent when you don't want to
~While Arrows aren't taken away here it becomes more difficult to use them
~No Looping or Swarming

Pokemon Stadium
*Should be banned in my opinion; probably won't be*
Pros:
??? No idea really. Stage really bites.
Cons:
~Can't go beneath
~Arrows are often removed by walls of all sorts
I'm sorry, but this post is just way too good :p. Is there a way we can copy it to the counterpick thread?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Undrdog's post was added to the CP-ing part of the matchup thread :)

I tend to like Frigate alot against people with bad recoveries. I really don't like brinstar :mad:

Top Bottom