• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Is Pit's Up+B going to work like. if you off a ledge and use the up special, it results into a glide thing?

The Guardian Orbitars protect Pit from both sides?

Upperdash Arm is Side+B?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm a bit disappointed that Pit's arrow won't be able to reach that far now. That used to be my favorite thing to use to get out of chain grabs.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Im glad to see him getting stronger. i felt like his attacks were too weak in brawl. now pits how i want him to play. and they gave him a better side special and a better down special so thats nice. I'm a little upset to see the gliding mechanic gone but oh well. either pit or little mac will be my main based off the characters shown so far.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For the record, I'll try and use Pit as much as possible to give you all a general opinion on how Pit fairs with the adjustments.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Am I the only one that believes that the shorter arrow travel is for the best? It's looking to be more similar to the kid Icarus uprising incarnation of the bow, meaning more power and distance the longer you charge, and it may even have stun the opponent like in uprising. I'd take a more powerful weapon over spammability anyday, but that's just me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No, I do think having the range limited was a smart idea to discourage camping, but it still looks just as usable. The only thing that wouldn't be possible is abusing the arrows loop.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I've had the opinion for some time now that Pit will be one of the best in the game (at least at first). I really like his new forward air, and his forward tilt I can imagine being used a lot. It seems really fast and safe.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's weird that F-tilt used to be so underused in Brawl, but it looks like it could be one of Pit's main moves now, and I actually like it. I just need more about some of his other moves, especially the Guardian Orbitars.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Pit has an extreme amount of cooldown time on the end of most of his moves, at least the grounded ones. All of them have some kind of pull back animation his aerial moves look like the way to go since they cover a larger area than in brawl.
Forward B (Upper dash arm) Does not come out unless you're near someone. You will just dash otherwise
After you use an arrow there is a much larger delay but you get alot more control over them once fired I couldn't test if they petered out because people kept getting hit by it.
Down tilt is the down swipe still.
Couldn't really test throws because items and and 4 player free for all.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Noo >.< The guardian orbitars are to bad! >.>

It can only reflecting projectiles.... And you have superarmor... but thats it??? It doesn't protect you against physical attacks!!! Why? =( -.-*

You can see it here in....

00:48 sek., 00:52 sek., 02:00 min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWKmvyYgJ90

... What do you think about it?

Edit: I'm sorry I take it back. ^^ I didn't watch exactly. It protects Pit. ^^ Oh and you are right Admiral Pit. I really should wait and than research the game for myself. ^^

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I prefer to do research and test it myself before judging. While it is generally true to its canon that it cannot protect you from physical attacks, but in turn can be an offensive weapon, at least that's what I think. Plus remember the game is not finalized, so some Pit stuff may change.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sorry, but....

if you pay for smash 4 early, you get an extra hour with the ball pit

#dashcon2014

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
If it were up to me, I would cut Pit (and only Pit), because many of the Pit mains are FREAKING THE SCUMS OF SMASH BROTHERS!!!

Plus I kinda sorta hate Pit's moveset. I do, however, like Pit in Project M. I would love to see Pit have less awkward aerial moves, more combos in the air, and a up B that isn't freaking the stupidest move ever. Whoever designed that move must not have thought "woaw, this is like a slow motion PK Thunder, but without the freaking damage!!!" :chuckle:
Wth. Why would you cut Pit. Pit is an awesome charcacter its only that his movesets need a bit of a change and he would be even more awesome

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Pit is the absolutely most freaking and most awesome character by Nintendo! To cut him is like Mario will never have a '' new '' game ( or a new Mario Kart ) !

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wth. Why would you cut Pit. Pit is an awesome charcacter its only that his movesets need a bit of a change and he would be even more awesome
Clearly you don't understand what I was saying.

I was saying "cut Pit" as in "cut [most of] Pit's moveset, skillset, and playstyle", which is exactly what happened.

And my up B statement about Smash 4 Pit is completely accurate. In Brawl it was a useless up B, and now Pit got an entirely new up B that's like Fire Fox on steroids.

Pit's essentially a new character this time around in terms of gameplay, and he's better off for it. Whereas in Brawl Pit had a terrible design, in Smash 4 Pit appears to have a very good design.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Lookie Three Sacred Treasures close up!
@ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit cheer up yo :)
I approve of how epic Pit looks. Him being serious and tough was just what he needed. <3
And I know there's a pic with Pit and Palutena (and lame old MK) together!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Who thinks dark pit will become a clone of pit?
I'll wager he's a partial clone at the most. I'm of the speculative canon that believes he's going to wield his staff in some form or other, possibly with the benefit of other weapons in his arsenal to differentiate himself from Pit.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I'll wager he's a partial clone at the most. I'm of the speculative canon that believes he's going to wield his staff in some form or other, possibly with the benefit of other weapons in his arsenal to differentiate himself from Pit.
It's actually confirmed that he gets his staff. You can see the very end of it in the leaked screenshot.

For that reason, I speculate that he might have a greater focus on projectiles, which makes some sense in differentiating him from Pit because Pit's arrows got nerfed. It would be awesome if he used the Violet Palm and Ogre Club somehow (since he uses those in Uprising).

I also really REALLY want his Final Smash to be the Lightning Chariot so I can run people over with unicorns.

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
It's actually confirmed that he gets his staff. You can see the very end of it in the leaked screenshot.

For that reason, I speculate that he might have a greater focus on projectiles, which makes some sense in differentiating him from Pit because Pit's arrows got nerfed. It would be awesome if he used the Violet Palm and Ogre Club somehow (since he uses those in Uprising).

I also really REALLY want his Final Smash to be the Lightning Chariot so I can run people over with unicorns.
Meh, his final smash i think will be what it was in Kid Icarus when you face him as a boss, which was arrows raining down. Personally i doubt he will get Lighting Chariot because it doesnt suit him at all...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Smashing!

Personally, I'd love to see the Mirror of Truth as his Final Smash. As to its effects, - I can't say; all I can say is that I'd be knocked for six if he just wields the Three Sacred Treasures, as he doesn't even wield them in the game. Still, only time will tell!

Last edited:

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Smashing!

Personally, I'd love to see the Mirror of Truth as his Final Smash. As to its effects, - I can't say; all I can say is that I'd be knocked for six if he just wields the Three Sacred Treasures, as he doesn't even wiueld them in the game. Still, only time will tell!
Hmm, I wonder if he uses the Mirror of Truth how would that work xD Also if he gets the Three Sacred Treasures i would be disappointed as Sakurai made the game he could use something else than just using Pit's Final smash. Dark pit is very much a clone, but with some differences he has Pandora's powers so if that is incorporated including being able to use his staff and his main weapon then give him unlimited flight powers including some of the powers like : Super Speed, Rocket Jump (maybe), Laser. All in all if you focus on Dark pit well enough you could have a good character there, but I don't understand why he was put in when he could of been a skin, but hopefully he will not be a clone

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Meh, his final smash i think will be what it was in Kid Icarus when you face him as a boss, which was arrows raining down. Personally i doubt he will get Lighting Chariot because it doesnt suit him at all...
That's possible too : O I just said Lightning Chariot since he uses it to ram into stuff at multiple points in the plot xD;

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

lol at the Lightning Chariot comment.

I'd love to see him with the Violet Palm- Palms were my favorite weapons in Uprising and I'm sad that we haven't seen them yet at all in Smash (but I love Pit's moveset and the items regardless).

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
lol at the Lightning Chariot comment.

I'd love to see him with the Violet Palm- Palms were my favorite weapons in Uprising and I'm sad that we haven't seen them yet at all in Smash (but I love Pit's moveset and the items regardless).
Very true. Just imagine his final smash is lighting chariot along with the arrow rain that would be awesome, Arrows raining then some huge chariot knocking everyone out :O

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still prefer Pit's Final Smash to be the superior one. I mean Pit's current one is already one of the coolest ones so far, mixing the 3ST with the raining arrows during air battles when using a Bow. It's actually my favorite Final Smash. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom