• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I still prefer Pit's Final Smash to be the superior one. I mean Pit's current one is already one of the coolest ones so far, mixing the 3ST with the raining arrows during air battles when using a Bow. It's actually my favorite Final Smash. <3
On the subject of Pit's FS...is there actually any way to control it? Or is it just kind of random?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
On the subject of Pit's FS...is there actually any way to control it? Or is it just kind of random?
I'd imagine it alters your special moves for a brief period, allowing you to decide what moves you want to use whilst it's in effect. At any rate, it seems to be hella powerful as it is, so it's probably negligible. ;3

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
I wonder if they will give customizable final smashes just like one or two to give the game more depth.
Also, does anyone have a Pit sig like my Shulk one, im in dire need :(

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206

I think you have to decide in which direction do you want to shot. ( Right or left ). After that you activate the 3ST and you can aim up and down with your bow. ^^

I would like to know how does the mirrorshield work. ^^ Could it reflect projectiles like in SSBB???

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
I think you have to decide in which direction do you want to shot. ( Right or left ). After that you activate the 3ST and you can aim up and down with your bow. ^^

I would like to know how does the mirrorshield work. ^^ Could it reflect projectiles like in SSBB???
I think thats what it will be for, but they kinda buffed it as it comes out from both ends the means u can reflect projectiles from both sides

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Who has two thumbs and likes Pit's Final Smash much more in this game?
Everyone with two thumbs!

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I'd imagine it alters your special moves for a brief period, allowing you to decide what moves you want to use whilst it's in effect. At any rate, it seems to be hella powerful as it is, so it's probably negligible. ;3
I know this is definitely not the case since I used it in the Smash Fest demo... I just couldn't tell if pressing buttons/pushing the joystick a certain direction actually had any effect on the FS. To me it felt like Pit was firing his light arrows in random directions, but I could be wrong D : Hence why I asked.

It's definitely much more powerful (and a lot cooler) than his old FS though.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I know this is definitely not the case since I used it in the Smash Fest demo... I just couldn't tell if pressing buttons/pushing the joystick a certain direction actually had any effect on the FS. To me it felt like Pit was firing his light arrows in random directions, but I could be wrong D : Hence why I asked.

It's definitely much more powerful (and a lot cooler) than his old FS though.
Ahh, I completely forgot that was even a thing. I don't live in the US and haven't played the game first-hand yet, so I do apologise for my ignorant logical oversight. >w<;;

Maybe it's just a screen-killer like his super attacks in Uprising? That's the impression I got from the trailers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was personally outraged to discover this. But it will give me an opportunity to save up again after splashing out on Fox.
At least I can just save my money til Pit-kun and Palutena are released. I guess the more awesome characters like those 2 are just preparing to impress us much more. <3

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
What are the prices looking like outside of the US? Australia has set the price at $29.95 each ($27.80 US), which means:

Skylanders: $4.95-$19.95 (depending on how long the model has been out for)
Disney Infinity: $17.95
Amiibo: $29.95 (up to 6x more expensive than the others)

That's definitely going to limit me to Pit, Palutena and any other KI character that might make the cut.

Any other countries fixing extortionate prices?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
dammit Pit aint in the first wave of Amiibo
This was crushing for me. I'm only really interested in :4pit::4robinm::4lucina::4charizard: and I could have sword that :4pit: would be in the first batch. Le sigh. I guess I might have to get :4marth: and give up :4lucina:.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
What are the prices looking like outside of the US? Australia has set the price at $29.95 each ($27.80 US), which means:

Skylanders: $4.95-$19.95 (depending on how long the model has been out for)
Disney Infinity: $17.95
Amiibo: $29.95 (up to 6x more expensive than the others)

That's definitely going to limit me to Pit, Palutena and any other KI character that might make the cut.

Any other countries fixing extortionate prices?
Amazon has them at roughly $13 USD. No idea where you're seeing the $27.80 o_O

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Amazon has them at roughly $13 USD. No idea where you're seeing the $27.80 o_O
The $29.95 was on retailer sites (EB Games etc), but overnight they've revised them down to the more reasonable $17.95. Must have read my post! :p

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
hmmm what do they mean by
"
Pits side b fist has a bad lag if you whiff, big KO power if you hit at higher %s"

I am assuming that means that it will have lots of lag if you miss.
That means you can't really rely on it for recovery

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You're probably right about it.
I also picked up info about a different Black Pit as his costume, along with a purple and pink one. Apparently Japan likes the pink one so much to the point where they call Pink Pit cute a lot. Looks like I know which Pit color is Japan's favorite now.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
It would be bad for Pit if Meta-Knight is still so fast. Okay he will probably slower than in Brawl but the lags are probably Pits weakpoint and Meta-Knight is fast. ^^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure your blue Pit is back. The only new ones is a pink, purple, and a new black Pit if my data is correct. Japan greatly favorites the cute Pink Pit accordingly to tweets I found that call him cute. I'm still staying true to my gold one... I hope.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I'm sure your blue Pit is back. The only new ones is a pink, purple, and a new black Pit if my data is correct. Japan greatly favorites the cute Pink Pit accordingly to tweets I found that call him cute. I'm still staying true to my gold one... I hope.
I believe all Brawl colors will return ( except Darkpit). Also your gold Pit.
Here are the most probably colors for Pit.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/pit

I think thats what it will be for, but they kinda buffed it as it comes out from both ends the means u can reflect projectiles from both sides
I think you are right. Maybe the main thing is the projectile touches the mirrorshield.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Oh man....black Pit xD That's going to be a MASSIVE troll. Playing as Not-Dark-Pit-black-Pit.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
hmmm what do they mean by
"
Pits side b fist has a bad lag if you whiff, big KO power if you hit at higher %s"

I am assuming that means that it will have lots of lag if you miss.
That means you can't really rely on it for recovery
I've always compared it to Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost: a forward dash attack that has great KO potential, but leaves you massively open for punishment if it misses, and if you use it in mid-air, you'll dash forwad a bit and then fall if you don't hit anything.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Nice. ^^ I'm not sure but I think Captain Falcon will get another side b because of Pits strong Upperdasharm.

Oh and here is the video where you can see all colours of Pit. The golden one is already in.

00:13 sek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsSmbiO046A
Oh and it looks like Pit can move while he ducks. ( 04:48 min - 04:50 min ). What do you think?

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Hey...so you people know! The Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU Stage Contest started the Kid Icarus round, where you get to create a stage from the series for either version of the game, Click Here to participate!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We got us more Pit stuff! And I'm generally talking about the 8 Pit costumes on the bottom left.

Japan was right. That Pink Pit is so dang cute! >_< Still maining the gold one though, but may second one of the last 2.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I should main not-Dark-Pit-black-Pit just to confuse the hell out of people xD Also, candy colored Pit is my official nickname for the second to last one. He looks like Sweet Tarts or something.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Pit's english taunts at 3:15. And then Robin stealing one of Pit's old ones shortly after.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Palutena laughs so cute <3

This is the first time that I hear them laugh. <3

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Somebody know any information about Pit and Dark Pit custom moves?
I just know the arrows custom.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It disappoints me that he's taking almost all of Pit's stuff. I personally do wanna see Pit's customs for myself and see what's what, maybe footage as well.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Same here. It almost seems like DP is taking all the good stuff with his faster arrows and higher knockback... Thankfully, Pit is definitely faster. Hoping to see the two be balanced, since I intend to main both at the same time. Pit would probably be better at punishing fast attacks from Fox, MK, and the like, while DP would be better against slower characters because of the other bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom