• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
His move set will probably be drastically different cause of the new weapons in uprising.

BSP

Smash Legend
He will also probably no longer be the sole representative from Kid Icarus.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Going off of polls, if Japan has its way, Kid Icarus could see like 4-5 different representatives.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind that. Kid Icarus has great characters.

Plus Sakurai's kinda got pull with that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pfft, the series was just revived. It won't necessarily deserve 4 to whopping 5 reps, even more than Mario or the Sakurai's own franchise, Kirby even has. The series is still somewhat small and since there's seemingly not a sequel in sight, it'll be just redundant to push that series' representation.
Sakurai's also known to be a humble guy, holding back representing the series he's been working on to some notch.

I think it's best left with 2-3 characters (Pit, Palutena and Medusa)

Anyway, about Pit, I kinda hope he won't get totally revamped moveset because of Uprising. I'm afraid he'd feel bit too different than the last Pit who was based on NES-games. I more of expect him to use the weapons in his standard attacks or smash attacks. Side B might go though.

BTW, should Pit keep the Three Sacred Treasures in his special moves? Many have also speculated the
Great Sacred Treasure
to be his FS for this game.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
call me crazy but i have this feeling his moveset will be something like megaman volnutts from TvC.

in the sense that his side b no longer is angel ring, but rather a move that switches his current weapon with another, going from like the 3-4 most popular weapons from uprising, with one of em being the default, bow.

claws' switch pit to speed combo happy mode, where all hsi mvoes are weak but fast.
Clubs(just a wild guess, all matches i've seen clubs seem pretty popular in KI:U ) makes him extremely slow but a hard hitter.
bow is the basic/all around one(yeah i knwo that title belonged to blades in KI:U but the bow is his most well known weapon.)

each one will have an entirely different moveset everything from specials to smashes will be changed depending on his weapon.

of course the question is how do they make it work?

make the changes between weapons slow like pkmn trainer and zelda and this could pretty much be worthless/too risky ot use.

make it to quick/make it the way megaman's worked in tvc and let pit switch on the fly and perform a dodge or quick step forward or backward while changing weapons and i can already see this being op'd.

eh either way thats just my thoughts. With KI:U released there is just so much potential for a new moveset for him, to not have anything form the game as part of his moveset in the new smash would feel like wasted potential.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Palutena becomes playable, then Pit will probably need a new Final Smash. I'm thinking the Three Sacred Treasures would be it...

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

Pit would equip the treasures, increasing his overall performance temporarily. All of Pit's attacks will get a power boost, which includes his close range attacks, and even the arrows that he fires with Palutena's Bow. Wings of Icarus will also lose its time limit, enabling Pit to recover from almost every angle. The Three Sacred Treasures only last for 30 seconds, however, so it's vital to utilize their abilities to their highest potential before the Final Smash ends.

Also, unlike most transformation Final Smashes, Pit can still take damage, and even be sent flying while utilizing the Three Sacred Treasures. However, Pit will get a weight increase while using them, which in return, will make it harder for foes to send him flying.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm quite curious about what they will do with Pit in this game. I'm sure his voice actor will be Antony Del Rio this time instead of Lani Minella which I don't mind since I prefer his Uprising voice over his Brawl voice anyway.

His moves will probably be a bit speedier this time around as well.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If it were up to me, I would cut Pit (and only Pit), because many of the Pit mains are FREAKING THE SCUMS OF SMASH BROTHERS!!!

Plus I kinda sorta hate Pit's moveset. I do, however, like Pit in Project M. I would love to see Pit have less awkward aerial moves, more combos in the air, and a up B that isn't freaking the stupidest move ever. Whoever designed that move must not have thought "woaw, this is like a slow motion PK Thunder, but without the freaking damage!!!" :chuckle:

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
I think Pit should have a much faster moveset, especially in the air.
And I would like to think that his smashes could utilize the different weapons all throughout his newest game. Peach has a random FSmash, why couldn't Pit have a mystery factor too?

Life

Smash Hero
Pit should be able to fire neutral-B projectiles while gliding or possibly while under WoI. Discuss.

(don't mind the bump)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pit could have a Smash Taunt like the Star Fox characters and Snake. complete with the same kind of jokes present in Uprising, with comments on Pit's opponents as well.

characters like Palutena, Viridi, Medusa, Pandora and Hades could participate in these conversations. if any other character from Kid Icarus makes it into the roster, these could also have this kind of taunt.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I think pits upB can be changed for the better
Because i think sakurai knows how pit should work a little bit better now
its really quite simple
you make pits upB have a timer of 5 seconds and when the timer runs out
Pit doesn't fall to the floor.... no....
Pits wings burn up and he starts taking massive damage. BUT you can still fly!
If you want to that is. and if you get hit while your flying then pit doesn't lose the power of flight he just burns longer...

:phone:

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I think his specials could remain, possibly, though Mirror Shield as his Down B might be awkward if it's also part of his final smash.

Of course, there is another, spoileriffic option for his final smash:

PeachPit

Smash Rookie
I too really like the idea of Pit having a smash taunt including other characters from Uprising. The Great Sacred Treasure would make a good FS.

As for fighting, he could use a bit more range.
And while his up B is useful for recovery, and avoiding everybody, it's not really that useful for anything else. I hope he will at least have an up B that can somehow give damage..

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And while his up B is useful for recovery, and avoiding everybody, it's not really that useful for anything else. I hope he will at least have an up B that can somehow give damage..
Have you seen Project M? Do you have an opinion on that Up-B?

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
For that matter, let us switch voices from English to Japanes on a per-character basis, like SF4 lets us do. I don't want to listen to Fox's boring English voice or Pit's grating voice ever again.
If he gets his voice from Uprising, i think i can live with it. I just don't want to hear his high pitched and socially awkward voice from Brawl again.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
What if Pit's current final smash was given to Palutena(if she is playable), what would his new FS be? I was thinking it could some how make use of the lightning chariot

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pit should be better in the air, and a little worse on the ground perhaps. Wouldn't be opposed to a new Side B either, but haven't played Uprising so I don't have a clue about what he could do.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All Pit really needs is better range with his melee attacks, since everything else is pretty okay. Maybe implement the Roy-esque sweet spot mechanic from Project M.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would be cool with that, but wouldn't expect Roy to return if that happens though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What if Pit's current final smash was given to Palutena(if she is playable), what would his new FS be? I was thinking it could some how make use of the lightning chariot
The Three Sacred Treasures would be another good idea. Would be a Final Smash similar to Giga Bowser and Wario-Man by improving his moveset.

Another possibility would be the Great Sacred Treasure. It could be either controlled like Yoshi's Final Smash, by using the attack buttons to shoot different projectiles or it could simply shoot a massive OHKO laser.

Pit should be better in the air, and a little worse on the ground perhaps. Wouldn't be opposed to a new Side B either, but haven't played Uprising so I don't have a clue about what he could do.
You haven't played Uprising? I recommend it! It's a very good game.

About his Side B, I think it could stay. What could change is the Down B, since Side B already reflects projectiles. An idea would be to have him switch to a weapon from Uprising and change his playstyle or something. Could give him a 2 different movesets.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Basically what you're saying to me is get a job, cause I don't have any money. Like, at all. 3DSes are not cheap or anything. Plus... I got expensive hobbies so to say. :rolleyes:

I would prefer the Mirror Shield to stay though. It's kinda iconic to Kid Icarus, much more than 'HIYAYAYAYAYAAA!' would ever be. Unless 'HIYAYAYAYAYAAA!' is something Uprising specific.

Maybe his Final Smash would be somewhat similar to Snake's in function?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally I think the Side B should be replaced by Angelic Missile, where Pit fires forward like a rocket then glides.
Essentially a hybrid of Luigi's Green Missile (minus the charge) and Wing of Icarus from Project M.

D

Deleted member

So essentially, the move that Dark Pit used in his boss fight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Holy Angel ****, ever heard about spoilers man?

Also, in a magazine interview it was once said that Pit should use mallets, like he did in Kid Icarus. You know, the original. :rolleyes: I was actually quite surprise that Pit didn't use mallets in Brawl because of that.

D

Deleted member

Spoilers? That's Chapter 6, dude. Everyone and their grandma knows you fight Dark Pit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
YOU EVEN FIGHT DARK PIT!? Great, now I might as well skip the game... :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What do you think? :denzel:

THEY SHOOTING!

I made ya look.

As said before though, improve Pit's aerials a little. He's an angel, yet awkward in the air. Can't see much logic in that.

Really hope his moveset doesn't change too much. I found it pretty innovative that his bow became a duo blade, and in a way it represents Uprising's many weapons as well. Don't think it's wise changing up the moveset that got him appealing to the general public anyway. It's Brawl that got them to make Uprising, not the other way around.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Also the fact that if Pit was rebranded, it'd be just already trying to sweep his origins away from his history and really make him "Sakurai's character".

NES-based Brawl Pit > Uprising Pit all the way to me (in means of moves)

D

Deleted member

I never did get why Pit was so aerial based in Brawl.

The boy can't fly.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Which in turn caused a big story and gameplay segregation. Like "Pit can fly for 75 years during gameplay, but heaven forbid that flight is used when the plot demands it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom