• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit vs. Kirby! CAN PIT EVEN BEAT HIM!?

OldSchool

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is a hard match up. As much as I hate it, I find that playing defensively is the best way to go against him. Arrow spam when far, try to bait a f-smash if he gets close. His f-smash is very punishable. Neutral A combos work well also. Wingdashing backwards is nice for baiting those f-smashes.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
my friends are actually talking about going to that AZ tourney. so maybe... just maybe..

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I fought against my brother today in Training Mode. He was Kirby, and I was Ganondorf. (What? Ganondorf was my alternative in Melee, until they nerfed him in Brawl.) I couldn't grab Kirby very well. He'd duck so that I'd be unable to grab. Sometimes I'd get him, and sometimes I'd use my Forward+B to grab him.

Anyway, this is about Pit, not Ganondorf. >.>;

Ryazan

Smash Ace
You know what's really, really, weird? I once played a random Kirby online for fun. He swallowed me and got the bow, and he performed every arrow tech i've ever heard of like a master Pit mainer.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You know what's really, really, weird? I once played a random Kirby online for fun. He swallowed me and got the bow, and he performed every arrow tech i've ever heard of like a master Pit mainer.
...he's a witch?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Yea i was gonna make a thread about that tbh ive looped 2 arrows with kirby b4 pit. I noticed the color of the arrows are lighted and their easier loop considered starting point . Plus i think good kirbys practice with other chars regular b moves like ike's can do damage and marth owns MK 's b move with kirby is hecktic

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
If we're talking about ways of fighting against Kirby, I'll mention there is a way to break the famous Gonzo combo, which is Kirby's F-throw > U-air. Normally a person will try to airdodge, but the invincibility frames don't come soon enough. You can however use the N-air to attack Kirby before his U-air reaches, I think you could even Wing Shove him away.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I completely changed my tactics for Kirby. I ran away and shot arrows until he was at high percents, then killed him.
...oh wait, THAT'S WHAT I ALWAYS DO!!!

sagemoon

Smash Lord
That kirby was most likely me...

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
If we're talking about ways of fighting against Kirby, I'll mention there is a way to break the famous Gonzo combo, which is Kirby's F-throw > U-air. Normally a person will try to airdodge, but the invincibility frames don't come soon enough. You can however use the N-air to attack Kirby before his U-air reaches, I think you could even Wing Shove him away.
U cant break it, i will bet u money that u cant

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Samus' Screw Attack can't get in fast enough. I can't think of anything faster and with as high priority. I don't think it's breakable in the typical sense.

And welcome WiiWouldLikeTwoPlay! ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think im scared of Kirby now, and I have my own Kirby. Should I be afraid of my own Kirby?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
U cant break it, i will bet u money that u cant
You'll have to do it yourself, I don't have video. Go into training mode with a character that has an up-B or N-air that comes out instantly. Get two controllers, and set the speed to 1/4. Do the f-throw, then spam Up+A with Kirby, and A or Up-B with the other character.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
*sighs* I just went back and did it again. Use Marth's Up-B, and make sure the computer is set to "control".

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
upB gets u out of the uptilt no the upair, i dont think u recognize the timing or the DI needed for Kirby's upair to do the combo, i get the combo meter on training and i have yet to meet even pros who utilize upB to escape that can get out

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I have tested it a lot and it is definitely inescapable...for those characters who it works against.

As far as using the up B to get out of it, you might as well let the up-tilt hit. You will get severely punished afterwards.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So Pit and Bowser are on that "Inescapable" list? I'm in trouble if that is the case.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Then Bowser gets mad at Kirby for what he did to Pit, and gives him a Bowsercide, and Bowser comes back to give Link a Bowsercide. (Bowser is supposingly immortal since he keeps coming back even after being throw into lava all the time)
Bowser then helps Pit get back to his original self, which was being the fighter that he is in brawl.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
upB gets u out of the uptilt no the upair, i dont think u recognize the timing or the DI needed for Kirby's upair to do the combo, i get the combo meter on training and i have yet to meet even pros who utilize upB to escape that can get out
Yes, it was the up-air, and no, timing wasn't an issue considering I was doing it in 1/4 speed. As for how difficult it is, I never said it was easy. If it always works like a combo for you, then it's just as well. No need to debate it more, since we're somehow getting conflicting results.

I have tested it a lot and it is definitely inescapable...for those characters who it works against.

As far as using the up B to get out of it, you might as well let the up-tilt hit. You will get severely punished afterwards.
Marth's Up-B was just an example, there are some N-airs that work too.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
The frame data suggests that neither Marth nor Samus' Up-Bs can escape the Gonzo Combo. I'unno what else to say to that. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Well, the frame data isn't 100% correct, and Kirby's U-air doesn't make contact on the first hit frame, his foot has to travel a little bit to reach. And do you have the frame data for the amount of hit stun and inactivity, for Kirby and the opponent from the F-throw?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's character dependent it seems. Marth does come close to the breaking out point. But still it would seem that Kirby Uair should be able to reach before the activation of Marth's Up-B. Though again I'm just repeating what I saw. I didn't go into extensive detail when testing this.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
The trick to the completing the combo at maximum speed is to input upair during the animation for the forward throw. Brawl's game physics makes it so that the upair immediately follows the forward throw thus completing the combo.

Top Bottom