• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Tournament Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
^meat ride much??? and i was just mentioning ways MK can punish pits attacks not saying thats wut a pit would do...55:45 is a dumb thing to say this matchup izz...

Coffee™

I need it....
Wrong. I don't glide attack because I know he has those options. I curve arrows through Nado. I bait with mirror shield, and I NEVER side-b.

It's 55-45 if your smart.
Um 55:45...nope.

Pit hardly has anything on MK aside from gimmicks, killing him earlier and making him have to approach due to the arrows. For example Curve Arrows through Nado? That **** shouldn't work. MK should never be in a position that you should be able to curve an arrow through the very top of the tornado (the only place where an arrow can atually knock him out of nado). Mk can Nado if you initiate the animation for an arrow on reaction. Also Dair camping to nado also means he will be coming at an angle that a curved arrow would literally never hit it from the top. Baiting with MS? Uh it depends on what you're baiting I suppose so I won't really comment much on that, but MK is fast enough to punish MS lag with a grab or even a Nado over it so I don't even think baiting with MS is that great of an idea.

As for Side B. It's not bad against MK. Like if MK Dthrows you you can retalitae with AR if he dashes after you. (Only thing he can do to stop it is to shield then Sloop OoS). Pit has other crap like his glide attack beating Shuttle Loop if spaced properly, Dair ****** it as well or just dairing the top of Nado but don't let that fool you into thinking the matchup is close to even. It really isn't.

This matchup could possibly be 60:40 in theory but imo it's more like 65:35.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Most MKs are n00bs that use MK as a crutch. That's not to say that MKs are n00bs as a whole. It's just that if you rate how you do against most of the MKs you fight you might not have an accurate look at how you do in the match-up.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm saying how I do against MK, R@vyn, not you. I do well against high level MKs.
I'm in no way attempting to call you out Esca. Your tournament record says enough. But do you have any vids of you versus high level MKs?

Esca

Smash Champion
I'm actually getting some put up tonight, I think. From Livestream at Ohsnap this weekend.

We'll see how things work out. :)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sounds good! I need to research the match-up more myself. I can't get out much and therefore the MKs I play are of... "standard" ability? lol

Coffee™

I need it....
I'm saying how I do against MK, R@vyn, not you. I do well against high level MKs.
I'm not trying to call you out. I have nothing against you, but it does sound like your just basing your ratios and what you say just based on the MKs you play. You're not the only person who plays with top MKs, I do too. But on my side I play with MKs that do know the Pit matchup probably better than any other state due to them having a top Pit player here that they've been playing and praticing against even before I came to Florida. Not only that but I've also played the matchup from Mk's side and I've played it from MK's side a lot. I can safely say there is probably no Pit player out there that could give me much trouble as MK as I know what Pit can do and how MK generally can beat each and every option. Just to also throw an example out there to show you how much of a difference knowing the matchup can make.

When I went to NJ I had to play Ksizzle (a person considered a top MK) in brackets at a tourney. First game It came down to last hit and I probably should have won but ****ed up, but from playing him I could tell he didn't really know the matchup so I was getting away with a lot of things I know I shouldn't get away with. It was the same for most of the NJ MKs I played.

You live in Texas really? What part?
Undr's just trolling Xyro. He doesn't live in Texas.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
But... But... He's Xyro... You can't not troll him!

Besides, he'd be suspicious if I didn't troll him.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to call you out. I have nothing against you, but it does sound like your just basing your ratios and what you say just based on the MKs you play. You're not the only person who plays with top MKs, I do too. But on my side I play with MKs that do know the Pit matchup probably better than any other state due to them having a top Pit player here that they've been playing and praticing against even before I came to Florida. Not only that but I've also played the matchup from Mk's side and I've played it from MK's side a lot. I can safely say there is probably no Pit player out there that could give me much trouble as MK as I know what Pit can do and how MK generally can beat each and every option. Just to also throw an example out there to show you how much of a difference knowing the matchup can make.

When I went to NJ I had to play Ksizzle (a person considered a top MK) in brackets at a tourney. First game It came down to last hit and I probably should have won but ****ed up, but from playing him I could tell he didn't really know the matchup so I was getting away with a lot of things I know I shouldn't get away with. It was the same for most of the NJ MKs I played.

Undr's just trolling Xyro. He doesn't live in Texas.
I CAme closer to beating ksizzle then u did after he played u and rogue :)....GAME 3 last hit for both of us and then he proceeded to call me best pit he ever played :) *PAts himself on back*...........and yea Ravyn u almost did win but then u failed on MS'ing his OVer B lol good job none the less though.... i dont kno y pllz think Pit has this amazing fight over Mk because they play vs some who dont kno the matchup...i would like to call it 6-4 too but since pit has projectiles he can force Mk to approach and not plank which can allow openings for Pit to do things such as if u see him PSing ur arrows u run and grab the predicting Power shield....if ur playing vs a Mk that makes u think the matchup is 55:45 then u playing a crappy MK. this doesnt just go for esca but for anyone else who thinks that its such......

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Smurf really, stop doing that. I've never played ksizzle in tournament and I've never even played him Pit vs Mk. I've only had mk dittos with him.

Also the matchup is 100-0 Metapit.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Smurf really, stop doing that. I've never played ksizzle in tournament and I've never even played him Pit vs Mk. I've only had mk dittos with him.

Also the matchup is 100-0 Metapit.
meh as u would say....

do some research you dumb, that's my crewmate

*linglingerlingerlinglinger*
i believe the proper word would of been dummy.....IF ur going to first meat ride then insult use the correct word.....R to leaRn.... and research wtf is this science why would i care if he's ur crewmate or ur classmate the point of the matter was u proceeded to jump on and meat ride......

ROgue and .com see wut he did right thurr lmao (inside joke)

Esca

Smash Champion
The proper word was dumb, because like you, we also have inside jokes. Are you going to Pound4?

I have $50 that says Pop and I WAX you and Rogue in singles AND teams.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
ROgue isnt my partner..MY real partner and I would most def take ur $ and buy 2 shirts saying ESCA and POPERTOP SUCK XD! but i dont think that he is coming but if ROgue iz down id b glad to put up the bread......and we could do singles 2 i got 20 on me vs any of u 2

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Chaotic, I think we can **** talk whenever felt necessary. It's competition.
Pit players are funny. Chaotic...u live in texas? R u one of those people who only play wifi??? :(
hah whatever dude. it's **** swinging so you feel everyone thinks your thr best. and no i hate WIFI. I only play tournament

goodkid

Smash Lord
We definitely need to step up our game! Pit has waay too much potential to get these tournament results. I think its time we encourage some high-level players to try Pit or just make our existing players better. It's time to go back to the basics.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Nah I think Pit is a terrible character. Move on to next character or quit for me.
No wonder Pit isn't rising in the tier list...our players have terrible mindsets :( Pit is a great character. He is extremely balanced. We just have to play him logically and actually think while we play. Pit is a controller character, akin to Snake and Diddy. Arrows control the field. We get to choose how they approach us. Pit dictates many of the opponents actions. When we use arrows they have 5 options:

1) Roll
2) Shield
3) Side-step
4) Air dodge
5) Attack Clash

The goal is to force a reaction w/ an arrow and punish. Ultimately, we want the opponent to come to us so we can punish hard w/ our damaging f-smash. Then reset. All we need to do is think about options, how we can punish safely, and take heart to the famous quote: "Don't get hit."

If Pit was played w/ the basics, he would easily rise to A, or maybe even S tier. There is a reason why Pit is ranked #4 in Japan.

Esca

Smash Champion
Are you ********? Pit doesn't have the tools to place top 3 at any big tournaments.

He has balanced moves, but no good set-ups or combos. Characters above him on the tier lists are characters that have better punishments from forced reactions or better setups. Hell, even players like Diddy and Snake have both of these.

Pit is stuck in this tier. The sooner you realize he's horrible, the better off you'll be.

Notice all the top Pit players moving up the tier list. I know Rogue went MK for a while, and still plays MK, R@vyn plays MK, I play MK. He's a better version of Pit.

Play MK!

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Are you ********? Pit doesn't have the tools to place top 3 at any big tournaments.

Pit is stuck in this tier. The sooner you realize he's horrible, the better off you'll be.

Notice all the top Pit players moving up the tier list. I know Rogue went MK for a while, and still plays MK, R@vyn plays MK, I play MK. He's a better version of Pit.

Play MK!
wow..GTFO..

MK is a better version of anyone. That's why he's at the top of S Tier.

Go back to luigi. We don't need anyone hatin' on pits style.
Some of us actually enjoy playing him, and alot of us do great with pit.

GoodKid was only giving advice that could help other people.
There is no need to call him ********, or even say pit is horrible.
He has the potential to make it to top tiers. I believe in that.

Esca

Smash Champion
You don't do great with Pit. Nobody does great with him. Top Pits do average, maybe top 8 here or there, but you joined in July, I wouldn't expect you to know.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
well, thats true.
i started playing competitive in May,
but i do still try to learn a lot, i spend hours on the boards just learning things everyday.
and i try to get as much practice with friends that have played competitive for about a year now
not to mention i've seen about more than half of the most recent pit tourney matches, to get an idea of the playstyle.

but i kinda overreacted, im real sorry bout that.
i just think Pit is an amazing character, no matter how badly he does against Top Tiers.

edit:
i still don't think it was nice of you to just totally demolish goodkid's post.
i don't understand, if you love pit so much, why talk bad about him?
yeah, he has bad MUs, but be a little cooler about it >.> ...iono.

Coffee™

I need it....
Pit can place top 3 as long as he never meets an MK in bracket..........and we all know how that goes...lol. Esca I get 5...not top 5...just 5th over and over lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom