• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Tournament Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esca

Smash Champion
Pit vs MK is un-winnable. R@VYN, I know we argued about it before, but you're right. A good MK is NEVER going to lose to a Pit.

And one shouldn't post if he is spitting out random bull**** that isn't true.

Pit is a decent character, and would be in some games, but not in this ones. There's many characters exceptionally better built for this game. Pit doesn't have what it takes.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Pit vs MK is un-winnable. R@VYN, I know we argued about it before, but you're right. A good MK is NEVER going to lose to a Pit.

And one shouldn't post if he is spitting out random bull**** that isn't true.

Pit is a decent character, and would be in some games, but not in this ones. There's many characters exceptionally better built for this game. Pit doesn't have what it takes.
tell that to espy about Sonic..oh wait he takes his low teir character and is one of the best tournament placers in the state.

Esca

Smash Champion
Sonic was just good for a second, because he wasn't figured out. Espy will never beat a good mk, or any of the 5 best in the game, provided they know the MU.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman

Esca

Smash Champion
321, I'm one of the 5 best Pits in the nation. I'm SURE I know my character. He sucks.

Here's an example:

Let's say your mom has a child with a disorder of some kind. Let's say down-syndrome. No matter how ugly or insuccessful he may be, your mom is still gonna love him.

Nahmean?

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
321, I'm one of the 5 best Pits in the nation. I'm SURE I know my character. He sucks.

Here's an example:

Let's say your mom has a child with a disorder of some kind. Let's say down-syndrome. No matter how ugly or insuccessful he may be, your mom is still gonna love him.

Nahmean?
oh.
I get it now.

kinda harsh though,
I at least try to believe he's the best character in the world.
even though I know he isn't. Gives me a sense of pride, haha.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I've had a 3rd with Pit before, and I'm returning to him.

Imo, Pit has the tools to overcome ALMOST anything providing you have half the brains and skill to do so.

Esca

Smash Champion
Afro, you place at very small tournaments. Maybe not number-wise, but obviously skill-wise.

My partner and I took 3rd in teams at HOBO 18. I was able to hold 3 stocks an entire match against Gnes/PhantomX.

swordsaint

Smash Master
you're underrating Australia Esca

the place where Afro lives had two deadly metaknights, a Snake, A Diddy, another pit, game and watches, peaches

all freaking great players

I've seen afro play, you're underrating him esca :O

Afropony

Smash Lord
5th out of 47, next tournament should be close to 100 people which is pretty big especially for Australia.

I've started using Pit and MK now I feel as though I've betrayed you guys but this combo seems to work really well.

황미영

Smash Champion
Lol, all I see here is Esca trying to prove everyone wrong. xD

Esca, just keep your knowledge to yourself. If they truly want it they will ask. :3

Suyon

Smash Lord
I was posting my results but since no one updates them I don't even care anymore. Just improve place better and get me some dough. That's all I need. And lol. Everyone who doesn't main MK seconds MK basically.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't think they even care any more. You're doin great though, Suyon =(

황미영

Smash Champion
Dear Kishiru,
Do you go to any Gigs tournies near the UCF area?
I was just at the last Gigs, but I won't be able to join them until October since I have school on Saturdays and I don't get out until 5. And by then it's too late to join... D:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
It'd be nice to find some more tournies in general, around here.

I'd like to post some results but in order to find a real tourney I have to drive to Kansas or Iowa.

Trying to change that around here. Local electronic gaming club died out, and the two remaining members want to use funds to jump start a smash club. Figure we can use some of that to host a tournament or two, make more funds for the club which leads to more tournies.

No smash scene in Nebraska, so I might as well try ot make one.

Too bad I'm still so noob.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
I'll make sure to tell you when I go to another tourney! ;D

I kept being told that Spike is a good pit player, havn't met him either though.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I meant to say no Smash scene in Lincoln, but yeah, no Brawl in NE hardly at all.

I'll let you guys up in Omaha know when we actually get the club going. Even if you couldn't come up every week it'd be nice to see you every once in a while.

Plus I'll bet you'd be willing to come to tournies?

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
1. 2 of 64 @Anime Jungle Party 13+14/06/2009 [Brazil, Amazonas, Manaus] -> A Snake took me off.
2. 4 of 32 @Rick's 30/02/2009 [Brazil, Amazonas, Manaus] -> A Mk took me off.
3. 2 of 32 @AJG 23/05/2009 [Brazil, Amazonas, Manaus] -> A Toon Link took me off.
4. 4 of 64 @Smash in Arena 01/08/2009 [Brazil, Amazonas, Manaus] -> A Mk took me off.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
9 out of 28 @ Joker's Monthly "Putting a smile on your face" tourney, 9-26-09.

Got taken out by Joker himself (Snake), then a Falco right after that.

Glad I finally have some results to post up here.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I don't think so.

Anyway I came 9th out of 84 I think, got knocked out by a Marth after JV 3 stocking him the first match and then getting spiked at 40% when he was on on 140% on PS1 in the 2nd. Pretty sure I could've gone even better if I had won that set.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
I never really thought about posting my results after my first one, but here are my results as of late:

9th of 33 Best Of Michigan Brawl Tourney 7-17-09
13th of 25 GYGO http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8133931
25 of 49 Brawl Bootcamp 1 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248085&highlight=Bootcamp
33 of 57 Brawl Bootcamp 2 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8598342#post8598342
25th of 41 Lolis 1 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249500
17th of 33 Lolis 2 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251118
13th of 33 Lolis 3 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252632

Theres one more that I couldn't find (DigiOps tourney in MI) I know these aren't breathtaking placings, but as of last Lolis I can safely say that I haven't hit a wall yet. MI and midwest in general is a tough area for a Pit with all these big names, but with help from high tier players like Judge and Lain, I've been getting a lot better.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
I was down in Cinci for Brawl Bootcamp 1/2. I'll sometimes make an appearance at an Ohio event every now and again either by myself or with some other MI smashers. Where are you from?

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm from Bucyrus, a small as town in North/Mid-Central Ohio. No one around here plays, or at least plays well, besides me and one friend. If you're ever in Ohio give me a shout and maybe I'll be able to meet up with you. I'm going to start going to go to tourneys more once I start making money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom