• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinkie Pie Productions 4 - June 23rd - Dallas

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone who made it out! We had a nice local tourney with 6 teams and 14 singles entrants. For teams, we had a round robin and for singles, we ran a Swiss tournament. Round four 3-0's (Mimic Mew and Sethlon) were best 3 out of 5 since it was basically grand finals. Rob and Penguin tied for third, so they played a 3 out of 5 set as a tiebreaker. Sure these aren't normal Swiss rules, but I decided to wing it a little from there.

Doubles

1: Something about Low Tiers ($45.00)
2: Brids of Prey ($15.00)
3: Giggle Squirt ($0.00)
4: Sheiks
5: Brothers from the Hood
6: Legendary Super Smashers

Singles

1. Sethlon :roymelee::foxmelee: ($42) 12 points
2. Mimic Mew :falconmelee: ($21) 10 points
3. Rob :luigimelee: ($7) 9 points
4. Penguin :falconmelee: 9 points
5. Denthorn :falconmelee: 8 points
6. That Bloody Blue Baron :sheikmelee: 6 points
6. Denti :jigglypuffmelee: 6 points
6. Thoraxe :luigimelee::marthmelee:6 points
9. emilywaves :sheikmelee::icsmelee:5 points
10. Problem0 :falcomelee: 4 points
10. Aerolink the Soulmaster :sheikmelee: 4 points
12. Waterless Fishie :foxmelee: 3 points
13. Kush :falcomelee: 2 points
14. NSSG 0 points

Singles Rounds

Round 1
MimicMew vs Denti 2/0
That Bloody Blue Baron vs emilywaves 0/2
Penguin vs Problem0 0/2
Denthorn vs Thoraxe 2/1
Kush vs Aerolink 2/0
Waterless Fishie vs Sethlon 0/2
Rob vs NSSG 2/0

Round 2
Rob vs That Bloody Blue Baron 2/0
Problem0 vs Sethlon 0/2
Kush vs MimicMew 0/2
Waterless Fishie vs Thoraxe 0/2
NSSG vs Denti 0/2
emilywaves vs Aerolink 2/0
Penguin vs Denthorn 2/0

Round 3
Rob vs MimicMew 2/0 0/2
Kush vs Denti 0/2
Sethlon vs Thoraxe 2/0
Denthorn vs Problem0 2/0
emilywaves vs Penguin 0/2
Aerolink vs Waterless Fishie 1/2
NSSG vs That BLoody Blue Baron 0/2

Round 4
MimicMew vs Sethlon 1/3
Rob vs Denti 2/0
Penguin vs That Bloody Blue Baron 2/0
NSSG vs Aerolink 0/2
Problem vs Thoraxe 1/2
emilywaves vs Waterless FIshie 2/1
Denthorn vs Kush 2/0

Singles Winners: Rob, Sethlon and Mimic Mew

Doubles Winner:

Grand Finals:

Venue:

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
1. Sethlon ($42) 12 points - Your roy is fun to play against. We gotta play more. And good stuff making it to grand finals with Fox!
2. Mimic Mew ($21) 10 points -
Time to train. :colorful:
3. Rob ($7) 9 points - You're always improving. I'm afraid of your ICs and Luigi. Also, thanks for helping out in crews and for driving us.
4. Penguin 9 points - We didn't get to play at all this tournament. But you guys live close to me so we should hang out sometime.
5. Denthorn 8 points - Master Falcon. Thanks for all the tips. We have to play more when we get the chance to.
6. That Bloody Blue Baron 6 points - Always glad to see someone else taking notes! And your "Hateocracy" joke was funny.
6. Denti 6 points - Teach me brawl. Always a cool guy to chill with.
6. Thoraxe 6 points - Most chill person in Texas.
9. emilywaves 5 points - Always fun hanging out with you. Thanks for hosting again. BUT: Apple Tai > Emily Pie.
10. Problem0 4 points - Double Link will happen next tournament. haha. And, SICK skills in Mario64.
10. Aerolink the Soulmaster 4 points - I don't know if I got to say this, but thanks for showing me stuff with MK at the last tournament. Awesome guy, I'll try to show up to more brawl events.
12. Waterless Fishie 3 points - I still think you're one of the most hilarious people in the smash community. We need to chill more.
13. Kush 2 points - A great start, you're just getting started. I wish I was this good after playing for half a year. We'll keep training. Keep it up!
14. NSSG 0 points - Nice meeting you, man. Hope to see you around more. I didn't get to play your Falco/Link, but we'll definitely play next time!

And...shoutouts to everyone on Mew Crew:
That Bloody Blue Baron, Thoraxe, Rob, Denti, Kush, AeroLink
Thanks and it was fun teaming with you guys. =]

:151:

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Quite a fun tournament, despite the lack of turnout.

Draft crews were (insert synonym for "awesome" here) even if I did only take two stocks. We should do draft crews whenever nobody for outside DFW shows up. Or simply whenever. That was great to be a part of.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yeah, crews was mad hype especially the clutch ending Mew pulled off. Lol, Melee is definitely not my game, but I had fun at this. Funny how my only tourney win I went Link. That timeout I pulled with Jigglypuff on RC, too good lol. My Sheik was just there, lol.

Thanks Emily for a fun tournament this weekend; it was a nice little break from Brawl. Till next time Melee peeps! ^_^

:phone:

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
1. Sethlon - surprise surprise, you won a tournament :p
2. Mimic Mew - oh heck yeah! I hope you start playing more seriously, now that you're winning money at tournies, you have to keep it up!
3. Rob - good stuff placing in the money!
4. Penguin - ugh. ugh ugh ugh. UGH. Blind picking Peach, yeah I see how it is. Whatever, I'll beat you next time.
5. Denthorn - Thanks for making it out! Sorry we didn't get a chance to play, but I really appreciate you coming out to like one of your first local tournies! :p
6. That Bloody Blue Baron - it was fun teaming with you, double Sheiks is where it's at! (Though I guess it's a bit embarassing for team Sheiks to lose to Team Something about low tiers...:p)
6. Denti - oh you did really well! Always glad to have you come play some Melee, you and the Brawl crew are hilarious :D
6. Thoraxe - Thanks for coming out, it was cool seeing you and Gabe at the Smashfest too, hopefully you guys will come out to play more often now that it's summer and you have no school johns
10. Problem0 - Thanks fro coming out! We didn't get to play but I'm glad we got to hang
10. Aerolink the Soulmaster - heh heh, I'm glad you had fun playing. Ok, so Melee isn't your thing but it's cool that we can come together as a Smash community as a whole (except PM, **** those guys...jkjkjkjkjkjk).
12. Waterless Fishie - wow, you've improved a ton! Our sets were so close - like last stock every game? - and I just got lucky with the down smash on our last game. ****, we should play more.
13. Kush - wow you've gotten a lot better! Just keep coming out and you'll be placing in the money in no time.
14. NSSG - heya, always nice to see a new face! You're actually pretty good and yo uhave some skill, don't get discouraged! Keep playing :)

Overall, I'm very pleased. I see everyone getting better and we just need to focus in more and get really good during the summer. We have a lot of potential here and I want to work on developing talent!

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
12. Waterless Fishie - wow, you've improved a ton!
Nah you don't even know. Not to john for Gabe, but him placing 12th means he wasn't playing his best. He's still really inconsistent but when he gets going its downright scary.

On an unrelated note: Sethlon, where are all the videos? I had a ****ty view of the last match of crews and I want to see it again.

Top Bottom