• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Pikachu Q&A Thread (Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer)

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
So, I found this.

You need to slide the Circle Pad the moment Pikachu does the first part of Quick Attack. It should work.
Nice pic thanks need to practice more with him on the demo he's the fastest character but also the weakest in strength and range (maybe haven't played villager yet), that's a hard combo when getting back into smash lol.

Soul.

Nice pic thanks need to practice more with him on the demo he's the fastest character but also the weakest in strength and range (maybe haven't played villager yet), that's a hard combo when getting back into smash lol.
You're welcome.
Yeah, there are pros and cons in every character. The thing is that with Pikachu, you can rack up damage in a few minutes, at least from what I have seen on the demo. As long as its main K.O moves don't get stalled (by that, I mean Up Smash and Forward Smash, the stalled thing means stale-move negation), it should be fine. I sometimes use Quick Attack to approach.

Last edited:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Yeah, Quick Attack could have offensive capabilities due to lower lag and because of the second hit having knockback. I myself use it diagonally to follow up with an up tilt...well, the first hit that is.
NAir's sweetspot would have to be Pikachu's body, provided it hasn't changed from Brawl. I could be wrong.
Pikachu has some tech. I was able to hit the cpu with a ftilt and i was @ the right range for a QAC off the edge of the stage. i just wish i was able to follow up after i did the QAC (fist dash).

Edge guard with Pikachu is pretty solid. drop off the stage Down B and the bounce in the air will make pika re-grab the edge if you do the Down-b at the right height when your falling. Even if none of the Thunders Kill the positioning is in your favor almost every time

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
PIKACHU MAIN HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Smash 4 is finally here!

[Smash 4 Dancing]

Good luck to all Pika mains out there! Get out there and rek some scrubs ;D

PI-KA!

Last edited:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
why is it so hard to QA double forward on 3ds ;O
i can do it to the left sometimes, but never to the right lol

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Do you guys have any tips for short hop auto cancel dair? I really miss being able to do it, do you have to do it super fast/ does it have different timing without a cstick now?

Soul.

Do you guys have any tips for short hop auto cancel dair? I really miss being able to do it, do you have to do it super fast/ does it have different timing without a cstick now?
You have to do it during the rising of the short hop. Once it rises, you down air and it autocancels.
Also @ Angiance Angiance I tried doing SHAC DAir → Down tilt. It still works at 35+%. Of course, I tried doing this with the demo. I'm sure it will still work in the final build of Smash 3DS.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
U-tilt to cloudspike does not really combo that great (not at all). instead of getting sent directly up, you get sent off by an awkward angle. The combo potential is better in the air compared to the ground if you catch them off guard or something, but overall don't relay too much on the "combo" of U-tilt to cloudspike. .

Last edited:

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
You have to do it during the rising of the short hop. Once it rises, you down air and it autocancels.
Also @ Angiance Angiance I tried doing SHAC DAir → Down tilt. It still works at 35+%. Of course, I tried doing this with the demo. I'm sure it will still work in the final build of Smash 3DS.
Thank you, using your instructions I got it once and then never again, I'm probably going to have to wait for wii-u. Up throw to cloud has only been working for me with heavies at high percent. Any other times Ive gotten it I think its just because people forget to airdodge.

Soul.

Thank you, using your instructions I got it once and then never again, I'm probably going to have to wait for wii-u. Up throw to cloud has only been working for me with heavies at high percent. Any other times Ive gotten it I think its just because people forget to airdodge.
I tried doing it consistently on the 3DS and it worked pretty much every single time. It's all about practicing. If you want to wait for the Wii U version that's fine. I'm not interested in the console or its games at all, so I'll most likely play Smash 3DS a lot more.
Anyway, has anyone tried doing UThrow to Thunder meteor smash in For Glory or something?

Last edited:

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
I tried doing it consistently on the 3DS and it worked pretty much every single time. It's all about practicing. If you want to wait for the Wii U version that's fine. I'm not interested in the console or its games at all, so I'll most likely play Smash 3DS a lot more.
Anyway, has anyone tried doing UThrow to Thunder meteor smash in For Glory or something?
Can't they move out of the way? I know DI(or at least SDI) isnt that prevalent here but I'm sure they can still dodge it(or in the cpu's case, air dodge the entire thing)

Is there a certain percentage range it works?

Angiance

Smash Lord
U-Throw might just be a way to setup air pressure more than anything

Has anyone tested QAing (QA1) into the ground and behind the opponent, then following up afterwards? Is the hit from QA1 chainable in that scenario?

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
When I came to look at the Pikachu boards I was struck by a lightning of nostalgia.

Time to dust off my Pikachu and make him one of my subs.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
U-Throw might just be a way to setup air pressure more than anything

Has anyone tested QAing (QA1) into the ground and behind the opponent, then following up afterwards? Is the hit from QA1 chainable in that scenario?
I see, yeah that works. I use wavebounced thunders if my foe is falling, if for any reason I want to return to neutral, and bounce on the opposite side they land. If they try to chase after I seperate us they get hit, if they did the chase as i thunder they get spiked(no T2 though since im out of range)
Its easy for pikachu to get back in and our neutral is good vs many chars.

As for the QA1, I think I'll try it. (with any luck my foe won't be chargeing a down smash that hits both sides)

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Aww yes unlocked all of Pika's custom moves and beat All-star on hard mode. And I just tried playing alternating matches in sm4sh and PM and am glad to say Pika transitions smoothly, so no more fears of the games interfering with each other for me. It's been a good day. How've y'all been doing?

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
If anyone is like me (I doubt it) and still having any issues with short hop dair, finally got it by sliding my finger from x to a as I press down.
Also qa1 is very interesting, I really like using it to ftilt, I have to say jolts being able to go up the wall versions of fd has been useful for getting people on edges. Though I'm not a good player I wish I could get some videos up to show what I mean.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
High voltage is still around, stop by the brawl boards too some are around there but this place is cool too.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
New pika main here! Looking forward to chatting to you guys on this social.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Nice to see you all! :) Lots of new people here. Great to have you <3

So, since it's been confirmed that Smash U is coming out on Nov. 21, it happens to be the exact day that Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire are coming out. Will this in any way affect which game you buy? Will you get only one or both?

Also, what do you think about this? It's unusual for two popular games to come out at the same time. What other games has this happened to? Discuss~ :)

Nebulax

Smash Cadet

So, since it's been confirmed that Smash U is coming out on Nov. 21, it happens to be the exact day that Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire are coming out. Will this in any way affect which game you buy? Will you get only one or both?

Also, what do you think about this? It's unusual for two popular games to come out at the same time. What other games has this happened to? Discuss~ :)
I'll get both on launch day. :) There goes my wallet.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
Would anyone happen to know how to fight Peach? I seem to be struggling a lot against Peach players.
I usually play a bit defensive against them, using mostly my aerials to rack up damage. Shield + aerials works great in this match-up. Peach isn't that threatening of a character if you just wait/bait her attacks and react accordingly. Just my opinion though :)

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117

Still doesn't have a wii U, and I need to fill up my wish list for christmas, so ORAS for me. It is an interesting release date for the games, maybe Nintendo hopes that when people enter a store to buy one of the games, they will leave with both of them.
As for other games this has happened to, I don't know, but when it happens, it is usually not from the same company..

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Usually it doesn't happen from the same company when they believe one game will cannibalize the sales of the other. Here Nintendo knows people want both games so badly that such won't happen. People who were going to buy both won't be put off by the timing.

Also as you noted people who would buy one may well buy the other (I see Smash enthusiasts buying OR/AS being the most likely scenario here).

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So what are the best strategies for Pikachu so far? Having a little hard time getting back into him at the moment and need some help.

Nevarro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nevarro
3DS FC
0619-5007-5867
I settled on Pikachu after messing around with a lot of the cast in training mode, I like his Neutral B attack and from the looks of it, it seems to keep people off the ledge. It kept a Little Mac player off the ledge after I knocked him off but then I'm completely new to playing smash. Is the move as useful as it looks?

Top Bottom