• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu is wayyy underrated in doubles

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Pikachu is definitely one of my best characters and I fall somewhere in the top 5 best Pikalicious players lol. Axe is the f*cking man and we're gonna do double Pikachu money matches at Pat's House =)

Are there vids of said double Bowsers?
http://www.youtube.com/user/DJNintendo05

Thats the link to my YouTube account. There are some double Bowser matches with me and WarriorKnight. Of course, almost every match ever recorded of me. It sucks that me and WarriorKnight's greatest double Bowser tournament matches never got recorded =(

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
anybody think pichu would be decent in teams his F-smash is the highest in knockback. And his colors are better than m2s down-smash

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
amazing avatar sir but it needs more hugs. the backpack makes pichu heavier by like 5. so his wieght is equal to jigglypuff's and G&watch.

also have you seen the hacks?

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
Pika can move faster than most wavedash chs with his Q.A.C., and it has about the same properties. He also has an infinite and a move that causes all of his hits of "thunder" to connect, discovered in the pika forums.

He can also-but who can't?-do some interesting things on Corneria- one being that you can full-short hop a Thunder projectile (Neutral B) towards the "tail fin" of the ship, wait for it to connect, and use the hitlag to grab, beat, throw, then thunder or spike..

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah the hat is to legit it makes you look bigger than you are same reason why I use the backpack for pichu(that and it makes you wieght more). mindgames and combos are better when you look amazing
are you serious?? is that true?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
no there is just a bomb in it that I haven't figured out how to use that or it's the awesome face. Dude I just thought about my life for a minute dude I am amazing I am normally very humble but dude i,m amazing. I mean I don't lie, cheat, kill, am greedly or anything heck i ask people all the time if i am. I just stood back and dude it's just wow. I am my own hero I inspire myself everyday. And with being able to go forever and me able to learn pichu could really inprove. I love the world

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well hey world I lived and made the world a better place today and made a few people laugh. thank you sir for giving more meaning to this day.

hey what's the best thing about pikachu overall his speeed, movement or what? And HOW inportant is it? i,m trying to get a point across about pichu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kirby.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
what are some good things to do as him? I teamed with marth and we did full hop B(pichu) and full hop fair(marth) it seemed to work really good. Also thunder seemed pretty useful I stopped him from death once and it helped him approach sometimes and they ran into in at tines.

Of course I don't play teams much but I also feel bad about it because I picked someone bad and am letting someone down. But pichu won't get rested and is very good at puisnhing puff's missed rest.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
pichu (IMO) is actually one of the better (half) of characters that marth can team with (if they aren't taj) cause lower and mid level marths usually can't hold back their urge to swing if their teammate is there, and being smaller means your less likely to be hit by marth (parenthesis)

Also another thing about doubles (IMO) tier lists are completely different, like most characters (including pichu) jump closer to the top, and for the most part are viable in teams(just not as good as say shiek, jiggs, fox, and peach) but some others kinda drop farther away from the top (ICs, marth(unless your taj), falco?)

So you shouldn't feel that bad about going pichu, honestly, I wanna do like a double pichu at a local tourney, cause I know it wouldn't get **** on.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah it's hard to say who is the worse for teams maaaayybbbeee yoshi I don't know but I could easily see that. Also I thought pichu is good in a number of cases.
projectiles are sweet
perfect up-B stuff is more surprising and can lead you slip in when you couldn't other wise.
pichu lives much longer than he should with good di like you could live to higher percents than marth plus you don't have to be saved
chain throws aren't as dangerous
F-smash plus their grab can equal stock.
rarly hit by rest and amazing at punishing it
small size is broken useful
upair would be useful for saveing people

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I always heard kirby was good in teams but when I think about it all he has is sucking in teams so yeah. for ness I always thought of his down-B. yoshi just loses more things about him, but I should play them and junk to find out more. Just kidding I don't like them much.

N64

Smash Champion
kirby with a falco as another member of the 2v2 is top tier. Top ****ing tier.

But yeah, who do you guys think does well with pika in teams? I've been teaming with Kwan (the semi-famous Donkachu team) but he's been going fox (Pikox!) and it's fantastic.

N64

Smash Champion
I don't see much team dynamic with ICs/pika. Pika is all about getting chars in the air and ICs is all about ****** them on the ground. I guess you're covering more options, but it seems like ideally you'll just be pairing off 1v1s than doing much together.

Top Bottom