• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Fun Facts!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Time for some Pikachu Trivia! :bee:

Here are some not so commonly known facts about our shockingly lovable yellow mouse (NOT a squirrel -_-)

Did you know?:

1. Pikachu's final smash, Volt Tackle, is a powerful move in Pokemon (exclusive to the Pikachu evolutionary cycle) that can only be learned through breeding.

2. Before Brawl's release, there was speculation that Brawl's Pikachu is actually Melee's Pichu evolved because Pichu in Melee wore blue goggles just like Brawl’s Pikachu.

3. A female Pikachu has a dent at the end of its tail that makes it resemble a heart.
3b. Due to this physiology, Brawl's Pikachu is considered to be male.

4. In the Pokemon anime, Ash's Pikachu is always at odds with Team Rocket's Meowth. Pikachu is a good guy while Meowth is a bad guy. Pikachu is a mouse pokemon while Meowth is a cat Pokemon. Pikachu is #25 in the Pokedex, while Meowth is #52. Good guy, bad guy. Mouse, cat. 25, 52. It's not known whether or not all these opposites were intentional, but it would make sense.

5. The original Pokemon mascot was going to be Clefairy, but Pikachu became so popular it was decided for Pikachu to become the mascot.
5b. This is why Ash's main Pokemon is Pikachu on the show.

6. "Pika" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for the noise when electricity crackles and sparkles. "Chu" is how the Japanese describe the sound a mouse makes. That's the way the name "Pikachu" was created.

7. Pokedex entries from various games say:
b. Pikachu is naturally a forest dweller, and feeds on berries.
c. It can cause lightning storms when gathered with other Pikachu.
d. It recharges its electricity while it sleeps.

8. In the Pokemon game franchise, Pikachu is the only non-water/flying type Pokemon capable of learning the moves Surf and Fly, through special events.

9. Before Pokemon Platinum, released recently on Sept. 13th, Pikachu was the highest level Pokemon any other trainer had. It was a level 81 Pikachu that Trainer Red uses against you in Pokemon Gold & Silver after you defeat the Elite 4.

10. Pikachu is voiced by Ikue Outani, as he has been in the anime and throughout the SSB video game franchise.

11. Pikachu has been a part of Nintendo since Pokemon Red & Blue were released for the Japanese Gameboy in 1996, released along with all of the first 151 pokemon.

12. Since Pikachu knows Thunder in Brawl (and the previous 2 SSB's as well), Pikachu must be at least level 41. That is the level he learns Thunder in all the Pokemon games.

13. Pikachu's Brawl moveset is speculated to be animated based upon the following corresponding Pokemon moves: D-throw- Body Slam. U-throw- Strength. U-tilt- Tail Whip. F-smash- Thundershock. U-smash- Iron Tail.
Again, it's just fan-based speculation and never confirmed.

14. Pikachu has been referenced on many other TV shows and commercials, while rarely any other Pokemon have.

15. In Japan, Pikachu is the equivalent of the USA's Mickey Mouse. People are often hired to go to public places in a Pikachu costume, such as malls and amusement parks, to entertain the kids.

Sources: Various Wiki articles about Pikachu and things I’ve heard some time ago.
If anyone can come up with more please do post! :)

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Ahh how I love pokemon...

And I'm female, so that is why the Pikachu in my signature has a dent in her tail ;D (Number 3)

K 2

Smash Lord
pikachu is 1 feet, 4 inches tall and weights 13 pounds :p
lol...Pikachu seems kind of fat in brawl. He's probably gained a few pounds since SSB and SSBM, so I think he weighs about 15 lbs now =P

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
"Fan-based" Speculation?

I have a Prima games strategy guide for melee in a drawer somewhere. They tried making a moveset. It sucked horribly.

Me, however, I found a pokemon move that complimented EVERY attack. (With the exception of Thunder Armor. Then again, that DID come from the anime...) It's just that no one ever really pays attention to the thread. D:<

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Muhznit, I read that on different forums from posts in April and even before that. Please tell me your list of Pokemon moves that compliment Pikachu's Brawl moveset. I'd like to know. :D

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Actually, "Pika" is an imitative word used to describe light. So it's not a sound. Trust me, I'm Japanese.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Actually, "Pika" is an imitative word used to describe light. So it's not a sound. Trust me, I'm Japanese.
Multiple sites, not just Wiki sites, said Pika is the word used to describe the sound of static electricity sparkling and crackling. You say otherwise. 0_0
Maybe "Pika" is also used to describe light?

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Looked it up in the Genius Japanese-English dictionary, it says flash. Crap i'm bored.
+1 post count

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
teslacoils aren't living. You are using a device to summon lightning, anyone can do that. Even a monkey.
Is that supposed to be discriminating against Diddy and DK mainers? I think they'd take offense to that. 'sides, lightning is lightning. It's a force of nature that's neither magical or technological.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
its how the force of nature is summoned that determines if your a mortal or not :laugh:

and yes I'm discriminating :psycho:

K 2

Smash Lord
Is that supposed to be discriminating against Diddy and DK mainers? I think they'd take offense to that. 'sides, lightning is lightning. It's a force of nature that's neither magical or technological.
LOLZ! Man, I love the pika boards so much. You people crack me up all the time.

*destroys your teslacoil*
WHAT NOW?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
^ I got so mad when i leveled my pikachu to 26 to realize i had to waste my TM on him. But the surfing pikachu game in yellow overrides it. <3 that game. (How the hell do you get fly on pikachu?)

M15t3R E

Smash Master
^ I got so mad when i leveled my pikachu to 26 to realize i had to waste my TM on him. But the surfing pikachu game in yellow overrides it. <3 that game. (How the hell do you get fly on pikachu?)
Only downloadable from Pokemon promo events. I don't think those events ever happen anymore.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Also, although pikachu was never inside of his pokeball in Yellow, he is shown to come out of a pokeball in his entrance animation in Brawl.(Dunno about Melee or SS64) while another pokemon (again forgot) doesn't come out of a pokeball in its entrance animation.

Huh...

Pikachu obviously has been enlarged, watch the anime and look at the Smash games. Meaning the smash game's pika is the (genetically engineered) GOD of all PIKA'S!!!!!!!
Now if he is a thunder god is different because other pokemon can use/summon thunder.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
12. Since Pikachu knows Thunder in Brawl (and the previous 2 SSB's as well), Pikachu must be at least level 41. That is the level he learns Thunder in all the Pokemon games.
Is it not possible that Pikachu's father knew Thunder and that Pikachu got it from him?
I am not sure if this is possible, but l know that it is possible to breed TMs and HMs over.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
8. In the Pokemon game franchise, Pikachu is the only non-water/flying type Pokemon capable of learning the moves Surf and Fly, through special events.

Uhh no. You may be right about fly. But Other not water type pokemon can learn surf as well. Some examples: Nidoking, Garchomp (cause he's a surf board :D), Snorlax

In the pokemon games. There is something called. "TM's" :) They could've just let him learn that, the other ones are quite nifty though. At least some of them are.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197330
I worked pretty hard on that thread, too. It's a shame to see it with such little input... D:
Genius work, Muhznit. Everyone check out that page.

Is it not possible that Pikachu's father knew Thunder and that Pikachu got it from him?
I am not sure if this is possible, but l know that it is possible to breed TMs and HMs over.
Pichu can't know thunder upon birth.

Pikachu obviously has been enlarged, watch the anime and look at the Smash games. Meaning the smash game's pika is the (genetically engineered) GOD of all PIKA'S!!!!!!!
Now if he is a thunder god is different because other pokemon can use/summon thunder.
Lol, I didn't realize that but yeah. He does look larger than 1'4", doesn't he?

Ikue Outani's actually female. Though you could have just made a typo. =P Her real voice is cute and similar to Pikachu too. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAUXdDO_NgM

Fun facts indeed, thanks! ^^
No, I didn't make a typo. I know Ikue is female. There's a YouTube vid of her voicing Pikachu. Pikachu was the topic of my sentence, therefore when I said "he", I was referring to Pikachu and not Ikue.

Uhh no. You may be right about fly. But Other not water type pokemon can learn surf as well. Some examples: Nidoking, Garchomp (cause he's a surf board :D), Snorlax

In the pokemon games. There is something called. "TM's" :) They could've just let him learn that, the other ones are quite nifty though. At least some of them are.

Okay, there are a few interesting exceptions for surf. Though Pikachu is the only Pokemon to learn surf from Pokemon promo events.
It's highly unlikely that anyone would waste a Thunder (I believe TM 25) on Pikachu.

Top Bottom