• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Doubles Discussion.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
DDD is an all right partner, I think. I don't really have a lot of experience teaming with one, but the basic strategy is: Pika fights, DDD stock tanks and supports with grabs/throws and additional edgeguarding (a.k.a. the bair > bair > bair combo). DDD's kill moves are also easier to land in a 2v2 environment, which is good, because Pikachu has some trouble killing in singles and in doubles.

The thing DDD lacks that really stands out to me is a good move that sends the opponent upward for thunder setups. He's also huge, so you have to be extra cautious about not accidentally hitting him..... luckily (in this case), Pika doesn't have any super powerful moves (besides thunder and.... Skull Bash I guess), so you don't really have to worry about killing him by mistake.

Also: In my experience, DDD has a tendency to get double teamed a lot like most big characters do, and Pika is fast/agile enough to dive in and get at least one opponent off his back. Hooray.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I've never actually teamed with a D3, but i'm gonna go on common sense and theory.

D3 is a very good partner for pikachu. Everywhere pikachu lacks D3 has and more. Pikachu is light and is speedy and can combo pretty well. D3 is heavy, is fairly slow, and can do some heavy damage pretty quickly. You would be surprised how many grabs D3 can get in a match, doing either a D-throw CG to assist from pikachu OR just B-throw the opponent, doing 16%, and then double teaming the other player. This team should be one of the best.

Pikachu and Dedede complement each other amazingly. Every single throw from either player should be followed up by the other. D-throw from D3 = either another grab from pikachu, nair, F-smash, or possibly even thunder (shockwave) in 2v1 situations. B-throw from D3 = nair or thunder (bolt). F-throw from Pikachu leads to bair, dair, u-tilt, or inhale. D-throw from pikachu leads to dair, bair, or inhale. Also, not sure if it works with D3, but with kirby if you are inhaled by D3 and he spits you out, the star will hit the opponent and you can get a thunder off if they don't DI away from the hit. It could be pretty smexy.

Damage will be dealt to the opposing team very gast, but also for your team to. Even though you are a pretty powerhouse team and have a stock tank, you shouldn't be very aggressive. Wait for the opportunities to come. Pikachu can stand back and DJ T-jolts over D3, and D3 can space with F-tilts, bairs, and D-tilts. This is a very scary wall in a 2v1 situation and you can close the game out very easily.

The opponent will most likely go after pikachu first, which means D3 will probably get a lot of grabs or bairs. This will give a lot of % to the opponents, and pikachu can nair them off the level to separate, and then we can get a little 2v1 action of our own. Pikachu and D3 most likely have amazing team comboes like D-throw (D3) D-tilt (Pikachu).

Also, both characters are amazing at edgeguarding. This CAN lead to easy gimps, but edgeguarding isn't really what you should be doing in teams anyway. When you hit somebody off the level, GET BACK AND HELP YOUR PARTNER KICK THE OTHER'S ***. Also, D3 has a very long obvious recovery, so pikachu can help him out before he gets his *** whooped off the level. Pikachu doesn't have those problems though, he is too good and can kick *** and chew bubble gum; but he's all out of gum.

Overall, i think this will be an AMAZING team, but i never really teamed with seibrik or CO18 so i actually wouldn't know.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah D3 is a great partner for Pika. His Utilt can send them up high for thunder kills, neither of them have too much trouble recovering, Dedede can suicide more easily in teams, and Pika can pressure them with Tjolts without affecting the strategy.

The best strategy for this matchup is to play defensively. The best way is to have Dedede air camp with Dairs and Bairs, and Pikachu hide on the side spamming Tjolts, and rushing in for hit and runs. FD is not a bad stage for this team, but smashville is the best neutral, and delfino, rainbow cruise and halberd are all great stages.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
From my experience teaming with larger partners (not necessarily DDD), if my partner is getting whooped in a mob or somewhere away, I have a hard time getting people off of the partner without actually hurting him/her. Just how like ESAM said, one shouldn't play too aggressively cuz when the team is split too far, the likelihood of both opponents gunning after one of the characters and forcing the friend to get uncomfortably close (too close--might even friendly-fire) to their parnter.

I am basically going off a slight fear (I hope I'm wrong) of someone like MK and partner juggling DDD, or someone like G&W/Marth and partner both gunning and juggling pikachu. If they go after DDD, residual friendly fire may almost always result since DDD is big and pikachu is more or less a sweeping attacker. If they go after pikachu, DDD's speed and lack of focused poking moves (other than his grab) may not help in time. Maybe not so bad for pika since he can take 2v1 somewhat naturally, but it still is a fear....

If the two play intelligently, then I do believe this team is REALLY kickbutt. But unlike the pika+wario team, few DDD's and Pikachu's (unless both are skilled/knowledgeable) could successfully team up and whoop butt RIGHT OFF THE BAT without ANY familiarizing with the teammate--it requires some practice... i believe.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
From my experience teaming with larger partners (not necessarily DDD), if my partner is getting whooped in a mob or somewhere away, I have a hard time getting people off of the partner without actually hurting him/her.
In at least some cases, with fatty characters, it's worth it to deal some damage rather than let them get double teamed for much longer. Granted, a lot of things can affect this (how much damage each player has, port priority, the weight of the opponents' characters), but most of the time, it ends up being worth it from my experience.

Worst case scenario is when everybody gets sent upwards, then your partner gets uaired to death. X.X I always feel horrible when that happens, lol.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Decided to take a crack at this.

Pros

Fthrow as Pikachu is your best friend
Dthrow with D3 is a better brest friend
•Using the two together can result in any finisher such as D3's fsmash, utilt and dsmash. Same goes for dthrow into Thunder.
Pikachu's QAC is good support for helping D3 get rid of ending lag of a move if you have the time.
As far as recovery, a thunder jolt can save D3 if he has to use Up-b and gives him a better chance of recovering.
Tanking as D3 helps Pikachu alot since the cute thing is light.
Not to mention D3's dthrow can lead to a jab lock on light opponents who don't tech.

All I could think of for Pros

Cons

Pikachu loses stocks too quickly if not careful.
D3 takes too much damage if caught in the middle of a huge cluster****.
Dthrows and fthrows are probably common and will see them coming.

Actually, thats all I have for cons too...

Overall: 7/10

:)

Zee725

Smash Apprentice
In my experiences, D3+Pika isn't the best option. I mean d3 can hella take some damage, but finding a direct kill move within the team isn't as simple as D3's dthrow to pika kill move or vice versa. The team is great at getting damage in, but killing heavier opponents could be a problem. Not to mention D3 can get nado ***** and takes massive amounts of damage if he's put up against a fast character...

I'm not saying it can't work, but there seems to be many teams that can completely throw off the chemistry of a Pikachu+D3 team

altairian

Smash Lord
Care to elaborate? Just saying that doesn't really prove...anything.

Keep in mind this is doubles, where stupid **** works a lot better than it does in singles (thunder, anyone?)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah dude. "Nado don't scare us" doesn't necesarily add anything to the discussion.

Haven't had much experience with this team. All I know about this team comes from friendlies with Awex and Phear. I can see this team working once the chemistry is there.

The fact that King gets pounded because he is a HUGE target is the main problem concerning the team IMO. Some people target King from the start because of his limited mobility and to get him out of the picture since he is the obvious stock tank. Pikachu has to be really active during the match primarily because as you may have guessed (and read above this post) Pika has to keep the other team off Dedede.

Pikachu is a constant stream of pressure 80% of the time all the time, therefore as long as you stay mobile and apply enough measured pressure to keep stuff off the bird without smacking him you are doing your job. Killing heavier characters (as Z mentioned) can be a problem and setting something up can be hazardous to you partner due to King's size. Like always Nair, Usmash and Thunder are the better tools for getting KOs.

Just like a cute prude at a party, King Dedede will have to play mad defense. I can't really elaborate much on DDD since I have limited knowledge of him, if something is wrong please correct me. His tilts are one of his best tools in doubles imo. Tilts are relatively fast, they space somewhat well, they have good range and two of them kill. Pikachu could take the air and throw jolts and aerials while DDD throws his waddle dees and tilts. Throws and tilts may setup something but I would never rely on that type of stuff since its kinda situational. Killing as DDD can be iffy at times but the bird can get it done. That's all I know about big D.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
D3 has a number of moves to deal with Tornado, it isn't really something that we have to worry about all to often. Part of the reason the matchup is 55-45 is because of our ability to deal with the tornado. Now, should we mess up and get stuck in the tornado, because of our lack of aerial maneuverability (that ain't wario) and our size (that ain't Pichu) we will take a huge amount of damage, but its all good cause we are D3.

throw jolts and aerials while DDD throws his waddle dees and tilts
No. It should be backwards. DDD should take the air, waddle dee spam is the worse idea ever. Who are you fighting against, Ganon? Nearly everyone can punish that.

Also, you guys really doubt the down throw. Its easily the best set up option in the game, because of how easily we get the grab, the chain grab, and its easy to predict the timing for the opponent (set knockback). Vayseth has a complete write up about the downthrow, I'll go and get that for you guys.

EDIT-http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8112043&postcount=4

here he goes in full about the down throw in doubles.

I'm just recently becoming more accustomed to singles play but if there's anything I know it's doubles. King Dedede can be a serious threat in doubles if played correctly. In doubles there are usually two types of players: the dominant player, who goes for all the kills and likes to take people 1-on-1, and the support player, who distracts the other teammate while their partner is getting mercilessly edge guarded or follows their own teammate's movements in order to set up team combos. King Dedede is in my mind one of the top support doubles characters in the game. His grabs are easy set ups for team combos and also get your opponent's teammate out of the way when you want a chance to edge guard or team combo more effectively.

Here's some rules to live by:

1. You should always chaingrab in doubles if given the chance.
King Dedede's chaingrab is his best asset. Instead of not using it as much, adapt to the chaos doubles breeds and use it to your advantage. Chaingrab right into your teammate who can then hit them for you allowing you to follow up making a devastating team combo. Don't forget that the F Throw and B Throw are extremely fast and hit everyone in the radius of your hammer. If you are chaingrabbing someone and their teammate comes to save the day, throw their own partner at them. Chances are they'll get hit by the throw animation, their own teammate, or both.
2. D Throw is the best move in the game for setting up team combos.
If you didn't know before reading this, King Dedede's U Tilt has invincibility frames on it. This allows you to do amazing things with your partner to rack up damage as well as get early kills. All you need to do is D Throw, have your partner space enough away and time an attack that sends the opponent right back at you. When the opponent is shot back, use the U Tilt. If timed correctly you will have successfully chained three moves together, all powerful, racking up a ton of damage sending them sky high, usually to their deaths. My favorite set up is a D Throw into a Metaknight D Smash right back into an U Tilt of your own. It is not only cool looking but so fast that you can perform it regularly during your match! Try it for yourself!
3. You are big so stay out of giant cluster ****s or you will be eating a ton of damage.
King Dedede plays the support card really well. However, he can become a burden if up against a Metaknight who really likes to edge guard. Try to team with someone who can prevent you from getting mercilessly team comboed which King Dedede is subject to due to his large size. Teams at a high level is just organized chaos. Try to play the tank role and just stay alive throwing your opponents into fully charged smashes.

I hope I've taught you something new about the applications of the D Throw in doubles, especially the D Throw to Smash to U Tilt combo. When performed in a match, nothing feels sweeter in this game. NOTHING.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Any team is good if both teammates are smart enough in most situations. For this team, Pikachu should be the racker, doing approaching spaced forward airs. I'd say he's similar to Meta Knight because they both have at least one good smash attack, and they're both fast. If you're the Pikachu, utilize his neutral B projectile in doubles because he can jump and spam it with it going diagonally down on the other team, while King Dedede can throw a single waddle dee here and there right below Pikachu, but not spamming waddle dees, no such thing. Pikachu can also do an approaching downB after jumping, then King Dedede can possibly up throw into it. I like how there can be two chaingrabbers like this on a team. If you see your partner chaingarabbing, depending on where the victim's partner is, let them grab once more, then the other guy go for a smash attack (If you're King Dedede, possibly an up tilt too.) King Dedede's forward smash is high tier in doubles in my opinion, so timing that attack after Pikachu does a couple grabs will boost your lead in the match. King Dedede can do a down throw into Pikachu's forward smash, or even better, his up smash. I don't think up smash will kill extremely early though, but a combo is a combo. If you see Pikachu do his thunder attack, we can back throw, or any other throw into it. Or vice-versa if you're the Pikachu player. If you find that these tips don't suffice, then you just have to play smart wih the basic strategy being that King Dedede is the defensive/killing, and Pikachu approaches and will sometimes kill.
It's not a bad team...

Zee725

Smash Apprentice
IMO, characters with amazing kill potential work the best with D3. Characters like Snake, Fox, DK, Ike etc. can work really well with D3 because all you really need to do is space yourself properly and wait for the D3 dthrow then go into a kill move at around 90%. Pikachu has thunder, but the timing for that in teams isn't as easy as it seems, upsmash doesn't kill at an early percent like fox or snake (utilt) and i really don't like using Fsmash because it seems unreliable to me personally.

The team is great if both players can work together and somehow find ways to get kills easily, but it requires a lot more work and patience. You can do Pika Fthrow in to D3 Utilt, but pika's fthrow takes awhile to do, and even though d3 may get the uptilt, you leave pika exposed and can get seriously punished. I just think Pikachu and D3 would be better suited teaming with other characters.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Have you considered doing a DDD downthrow to a pikaforward smash to a DDD uptilt. Its okay if you hit us because we have invincibility frames when we contact with something else.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
That's simple so it may seem somewhat viable to some but it's kind of gimicky at the same time dude. I want to see you and a pika do that on command in the middle of an intense doubles match.

Oi! What happened? We had some good discussion going on and it suddenly stopped.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Now we do two things. The first thing is summarizing the previous discussions into concise and relevant info about the teams from the input we put into the discussions. Im going to need some help on that one since school and my job are ****** me. The second thing we should do is start discussing Marth.

1. Team profile + Synergy
- In what ways can this team operate efficiently?
- Can Pikachu’s move set and traits compliment the partner and vice versa?
- Epic/fail team?
- Any setups possible?
- Overall strengths and weaknesses of this team.
- What to ban and counterpick.
- Cool team name for lulz.

2. Operation
- How to play as a team with the character being discussed.
- Spam?
- Should this team be aggressive in close quarters or defensive from a ranged distance? Passive aggressive?
- What roles should Pikachu perform and what should the other character do?
- How can the characters assist each other?

3. Benefits to Pikachu/partner.
- Does Pikachu help in killing or strengthens kill potential in this team?
- Can projectiles be used efficiently as a team attack?
- What can Pikachu get out of teaming with this character?
- Can the partner hold stocks?
- Do the characters negate their bad matchups?

4. Are any videos available?

5. Final thoughts.
Your overall take on the team and the traits discussed. This can be anything on your mind about the discussion regarding the team that hasn’t been mentioned.

いってください!!

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
oooh. NC #1 PR is a marth.... i'm a pikachu.... i'll get back to you guys on that... ^_^.

First things first, most marths prefer a partner who can really kill. That's what kept Dr. PP from teaming with me for the most part.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I feel like..... this team would have some problems.

Both of them are light, so even though Pikachu can survive for a pretty long time, there's still no one to do any heavy-duty stock tanking.

I dunno how Marths play in doubles, but my guess would be that it's harder to properly space in teams, which downgrades his killing potential by a lot..... which is pretty much what LDPK said: there's no one who can kill exceptionally well on this team.

But honestly, I don't have any real experience playing this team. Just throwing out some informed thoughts on it.

∫unk

Smash Master
this team is horrible

marth REQUIRES a reliable killing partner and someone that can aggro while Marth stays back.

im pretty sure pikachu doesn't fit the bill.

both their grabs aren't reliable in the middle of a match (not the 2v1) for free hits.

pikachu's aerials lack range for easy follow up on marth's aerials

only good thing is both their pummels are fast so if you get the grab in the 2v1 there's not a very high chance of them air breaking so you can just keep regrabbing on the ground

bigman40

Smash Master
I actually did this team in a recent tourney. Not a really fun mix when your opponent's are powerhouses. Other than that, I didn't have too many problems. A conservative Pika can get some quick kills. If Marth needs to stay back, then Pika can deal the damage while Marth just uses a fresh move to kill. Don't take too much from this post cause I've only done this about a handful of times.

~Mieu

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
I really don't know much in this matchup. I never really thought it was good though. I have teamed with a variety of chars, and one of the best combos we always do is there through into my thunder, and with marth, it just doesnt seem to work. I'm pretty sure this team isn't very good. I have a good team name though... Thunderblade anyone?

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I really don't know much in this matchup. I never really thought it was good though. I have teamed with a variety of chars, and one of the best combos we always do is there through into my thunder, and with marth, it just doesnt seem to work. I'm pretty sure this team isn't very good. I have a good team name though... Thunderblade! anyone?
"Oh, darkest storm cloud, loose thy blade and run my enemies through!" lol

I motion to move onto some other topics of choice? bwett and others have suggested yoshi... (might as well since noone is talking anymore....). Any of the "mama's boys" could work (Lucas especially with his down-b shenanegans) too ^_^.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Do whatever...but Mother boys + pika = NOT A GOOD TEAM. I'm telling you guys now...

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
yeah i agree, one of my favorite teams with pika is rob. and peach? maybe. Its fun to play with peaches haha.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pika + Peach isn't fun for me..... x.x It's such a garb team. Easy to rack damage, but it's so hard to get a KO with them. And they have to co-tank since neither of them are particularly heavy (although the Peach I play with tends to live a ridiculously long time somehow).

There's just no power behind them. I dunno. Never works out for us -- we do so much better when I use Zelda.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
IF and when my little brother has a life again, we'll hopefully do a 'team expo' of example battles against (defnitely not noobs... all PR) opponents as friendlies to help the pika community. If we have time, we can even accept suggestions and 'replay' the matches with suggestions in mind and see what we come up with.

Back to the main topic... we have to decide SOMETHING to discuss rather than noting BAD teams not to discuss. As a whole, I think people would do better from pika partners that would be 'hard hitters' right now. That leads to maybe: DK, Olimar, Rob, Lucario, (Diddy Kong), Fox, (heck why not MK?)?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I havent really been looking at the boards lately so this thread has been neglected even more. My apologies for that.
Imma start Lucario tomorrow.

EDIT: Hell, lets start the Lucario discussion NOW!

1. Team profile + Synergy
- In what ways can this team operate efficiently?
- Can Pikachu’s move set and traits compliment the partner and vice versa?
- Epic/fail team?
- Any setups possible?
- Overall strengths and weaknesses of this team.
- What to ban and counterpick.

2. Operation
- How to play as a team with the character being discussed.
- Spam?
- Should this team be aggressive in close quarters or defensive from a ranged distance? Passive aggressive?
- What roles should Pikachu perform and what should the other character do?
- How can the characters assist each other?

3. Benefits to Pikachu/partner.
- Does Pikachu help in killing or strengthens kill potential in this team?
- Can projectiles be used efficiently as a team attack?
- What can Pikachu get out of teaming with this character?
- Can the partner hold stocks?
- Do the characters negate their bad matchups?

4. Are any videos available?

GOGOGO!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Maybe we should turn this into general doubles discussion or something..... x.x

I feel like there aren't enough Pikas period -- much less Pikas who consistently do doubles with a variety of partners -- for us to do this character-by-character.

Personally, the only characters I have experience teaming with at this point are:

Lots of Peach
G&W
Ness
Snake
ROB
A little DDD

And that's only in friendlies.

Just a suggestion. I think this thread can be helpful, but this format isn't resulting in much activity.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Maybe we should turn this into general doubles discussion or something..... x.x

I feel like there aren't enough Pikas period -- much less Pikas who consistently do doubles with a variety of partners -- for us to do this character-by-character.

Personally, the only characters I have experience teaming with at this point are:

Lots of Peach
G&W
Ness
Snake
ROB
A little DDD

And that's only in friendlies.

Just a suggestion. I think this thread can be helpful, but this format isn't resulting in much activity.

Well, depending on availability of partners, I tend to partner with just about everybody (Toon Link, G&W, Lucas, Ness, Samus, Ike, Marth, Captain Falcon, MK, Olimar, ROB, Pikachu, Kirby, Diddy Kong, Fox, Snake, Wario, Pokemon Trainer, Falco, Luigi, Mario, and Pit are the ones current on my resume.) Now that I bring my own setup to tournies, you guys will be seeing a lot more of my doubles matches ^_^. Tho I think Anther's, some of ESAM's, and a few others may also have a healthy amount of competitive doubles vids.

I'll just add some of my recent team achievements to spark some interest in some of this thread again. What is the best team? Got proof?

Show us yo moves!

GRAND FINALS

We were knocked into losers bracket on round 1 by these SAME guys (*john alert* because the TV I played on had lag initially)... When we met again in grand finals, I requested a different TV and here are the results ^_^ (I am quite pleased).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcOlBByleh8 round 1 and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLtFWIR3aVM round 3

Our strategy:
I bait and mob, and my partner picks them off one by one while their backs are turned towards me.
~Need wide 'peripheral vision' so we could followup flying opponents from across the stage.
~Controlled stock advantage
~I couldn't get that snake all to myself (marth no baka.... -_-)

We have set 2 of the grand finals after that. I hope to post those in the next 2 days. In the meantime.... comments or other vids are good ^_^ (so i don't double post).

Happy holidays!

gallax

Smash Hero
Replace MK with pika:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58b6ForL4fc

this team is super crazy stupid. everytime lucario dies he gets a boost. but he also get another boost from being at a lower stock then his partner. he is most powerful when his partner is at o% 3 stocks and he is at 1 stock high percent. i watched a dair kill a MK at around 65% on fd the other day.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Cool concept, but I actually like to play when I do doubles.

So, no. Not paying however much money just to sit on the ledge..... boring as ****.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Well i guess it depends on what angle people approach from. Some people play for the money, some play for kicks (fun), some play for a challenge--alot play a mix of the above at different times. For some, excitement, lols, and fun may just be screwin' with opponents just by planking. I am a 'challenger', some of my buds like NC-Echo are Money'ers, and Kaylo would be a 'Player' ^_^ (sorry... i rarely ever make jokes like this... I'm sorryz and it wont happen again :p). Hope everyone had a fun holiday break. Happy New years then.

Edit: Why did you just jump off as falco, ESAM? That would be a 'no no' if you asked your brother most likely. Nice matches regardless.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I meant "no" for me. x.x

Obviously it's a legit strategy, and I'm fully aware that a lot of people would play that lame just for money.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
It's not like that MK really did anything with his planking. He was just avoiding damage (kinda poorly, even). I don't see why pika couldn't do that.
Well... i can sort of see why pika is not 'as good' as MK as a planker. Remember pikachu has less invincibility frames than any of the rest of the cast, has an u-air that's 1 (or 2) frames slower than MK's u-air, doesn't have a invincible up-b that sends people flying, doesn't have a tornado that can sort of stall near the ledge, and only has 1 aerial jump as opposed to 4.

We still have much to work with tho, don't get me wrong ^_^.

altairian

Smash Lord

Well... i can sort of see why pika is not 'as good' as MK as a planker. Remember pikachu has less invincibility frames than any of the rest of the cast, has an u-air that's 1 (or 2) frames slower than MK's u-air, doesn't have a invincible up-b that sends people flying, doesn't have a tornado that can sort of stall near the ledge, and only has 1 aerial jump as opposed to 4.

We still have much to work with tho, don't get me wrong ^_^.
Oh I completely agree that MK is the superior planker. My point was just that the MK was only trying to avoid damage with the ledge. Something any character can do really (some better than others obviously) so I don't see why that would stop you from trying this strategy with pika if you really wanted to use it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pikachu isn't able to avoid damage NEARLY as well, everything we have is interruptable. GL getting people to stop punishing you for dropping off the ledge. Trust me, it won't work.

Top Bottom