• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Dear Pikachu God, I know I don't usually pray to you. Sometimes I doubt you even exist, but if you're willing to grant me luck... please... spark your cheeks once.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol

but my sheik isn't gay like plairnkk's

>__>

i like do cool combos and stuff

incidentally plank made brackets and i didn't =(

-Chad-

Slackerator
Whoa no way, I could possibly have fun fighting a Sheik cause you don't play gay =o

Hahah seriously though we need to play next tiiime, whenever that may be.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i play gay vs marth.

because i hate marth.

with a passion.

i blame my love of kirby and pichu for instilling this "let's not gay the low tiers to death" ideology in my brain -.-

but yeah we're definitely getting competitive friendlies in next time we meet... whenever the hell that might be.

are there any more big melee tourneys coming up?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Whoa no way, I could possibly have fun fighting a Sheik cause you don't play gay =o

Hahah seriously though we need to play next tiiime, whenever that may be.
You inspired everything i've ever done with pika

i met you at midnight gaming club in dallas, we had a few matches, but i doubt you'll remember lol

do you play brawl too?

-Chad-

Slackerator
i play gay vs marth.

because i hate marth.

with a passion.

i blame my love of kirby and pichu for instilling this "let's not gay the low tiers to death" ideology in my brain -.-

but yeah we're definitely getting competitive friendlies in next time we meet... whenever the hell that might be.

are there any more big melee tourneys coming up?
I dunno of any sadly : ( besides FAST1 anyway..and there's no way I can go to that hahah..I seriously spent every penny I had to go to the GA one so I'm broke for awhile til I can find a job hahah.

You inspired everything i've ever done with pika

i met you at midnight gaming club in dallas, we had a few matches, but i doubt you'll remember lol

do you play brawl too?
=o I dunno, I'm really bad with names and I can't remember a Fogo >_> who'd you play/suchandsuch?

I'm not really a brawl fan =x I'll play it for monies and to team with Iori but outside of that I don't really play it. >_>

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I dunno of any sadly : ( besides FAST1 anyway..and there's no way I can go to that hahah..I seriously spent every penny I had to go to the GA one so I'm broke for awhile til I can find a job hahah.
murrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yeah i'm broke too

fortunately i live near a wendy's and i hear that they fired a bunch of people

but i still wouldn't be able to go to FAST1 due to lack of ride :/

the 24+ hour drive is also a factor.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
=o I dunno, I'm really bad with names and I can't remember a Fogo >_> who'd you play/suchandsuch?

I'm not really a brawl fan =x I'll play it for monies and to team with Iori but outside of that I don't really play it. >_>
well my name was fire, i used mario and the spacies and we only played like 2 matches lol

N64

Smash Champion
kirbykaze!

we had many fun matches. I always felt like i was doing so well and then i'd baaaarely win with like 120% on my last stock. You have a very lure-your-opponent-into-false-sense-of-security kirby. It was fun.

And I never knew what to expect from your sheik, you almost never fell for my baits >_>. That's how i beat sheiks, bait a grab chance and then own them when they miss it. You would just stand there and punish my baits >_>.

Hope we get to play again sometime.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
This thread is now used for aim conversations

anyone going to fast? St.Louis says they need me for the melee portion of the tourny, but I don't even remember how to play melee anymore. How do you guys even train for that game? I love melee but I dont have much fun with it anymore.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami

anyone going to fast? St.Louis says they need me for the melee portion of the tourny, but I don't even remember how to play melee anymore. How do you guys even train for that game? I love melee but I dont have much fun with it anymore.
just play it, relax, think about what you did wrong, fix it.

rinse & repeat. ^_^

festizzio

Smash Champion

Yay! Go to FAST!!! :D

I pretty much go against a level 1 comp and practice quick attack stuff and ledgedashing, you know so I don't SD as much. I might also practice a combo that I thought up, but they don't always turn out so well, haha. :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
<3 n64's thunder to thunder combos

</3 n64's ability to break out of my b-throw suicides at virtually any percentage below 130

but i still <3 n64

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I started rethinking my melee mentality, and I went back to winning my matches against some of my crew. But I dont have a firm grasp of the game anymore, so my instincts are a little shoddy. Plus, the game seems so old to me now that I truly see it in a way I never had before - silly.

That said, its still fun, but I'd rather be playing brawl. :/ Maybe I'll still do the melee portion of FAST, but it would be a shame for anyone who had never played me before to play me then...unless I won somehow.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played Melee in like forever and since my friend has it and I barely go to his house I got to say I forgot some of the controls on Melee. But anyways, Pikachu was my favorite character in Melee. Why? Well, I didn't pick him because of his skill, I picked him because I like Pokemon a lot back then (LOL). Now that I have Brawl, I have a lot of favorites that I want to try to master.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
i actually picked pika up because i thought that there was a way to master quick attack so well that you could actually use it for movement. but i'll settle for ledge tricks =). i still play him as a main because he's a pokemon =p

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
gold and silver were all right...but pokemon was all about the first 151 pokemon! pikachu was always the greatest though...i mean, what kind of psychopath doesn't like pikachu? =p

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I did okay-ish with pika at FAST. My rust was showing, to be sure. I am finding it easier to switch between the two pikachus now.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
lol @ festizzio.

i have recently felt the power of pika's offstage edgeguard. i get 2 attempts: the jump off stage, and my double jump...and then QA to get back...almost too good vs spacies XD. marth's a little tricker XD

Top Bottom