• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

PZ

Smash Lord
Idk Snake is a hard character to fight. There's a lot of things you need to keep in mind while approaching him because of both his projectiles and his ridiculous hitboxes on his tilts and such. I think it requires a lot of experience to keep all of these things fresh in your mind while fighting him.
I have no problem with any projectile in this game except diddy's double naner to dsmash and his tilts are not much of a problem its just I am tired of them out prioritizing my approaches.<.<

JAMAJ

Smash Rookie
Id like to know is what is every ones best strategy to beat Pikmin. For absolutely no ulterior motive.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just play slow...Pikachu is mobile enough that you should never really get hit by many nades unless they pulled them right as you hit them.

If you are having trouble predicting C4 ****...you need to play more people and notice patterns better. There are basic times when Snakes will blow up C4s, and you have to notice them yourself.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya i was trying out the pika snake mu just to work on my pika and i never realized how campy it can actually be...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Not really...pika is really small and has access to several mobility options. He can avoid nades while pressuring snake fairly easy on most stages. I mean...i just picked up pika but i also use snake so ik how to deal with nades pretty well...but pika is just a natural at doing well vs his camp game.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pikachu outcamps Snake. Grenades are kinda ayuss (read: butt). Pikachu is mobile enough where we shouldn't get hit. Our camping in this MU isn't constantly spamming jolts, but shooting jolts when we know we can't get hit by a chucked grenade, and this is rather reasy.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya i noticed that esam. It's actually a pretty fun mu once you figure it out. I'm still working on it...but just for fun and experience of playstlyles/problems. Cuz i'll prolly always go pit in tourney vs snake after apex.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm probably the most Aggro Pikachu out there. I beat Snake's without camping cuz I don't give a F*** N****!

Cassio

Smash Master
if you want to play a little more aggro try to stay more mid-range just outside his tilt range. It puts him in a position where nades arent safe, but jolts arent really either.

PZ

Smash Lord
I don't get how to play aggro as pika in that mu when the snake is just standing still not wanting to fight...but as cf I could careless of what happens when none of stuff will kill me b4 150%.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Nah, I'm not the only good pikachu. I'm the only top level Pikachu.

KPrime, Stealth, and Z are good pikachus

Everybody else, *cough* stay free *cough* (SFL meme)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm having some trouble with the Ness/lucas match ups, most significant of which is that I seem to have the worst time actually killing the little bundles of evil. If my opponent reads me, I'm likely taking a forwards smash (or perhaps down smash with Lucas), which can and does kill me at stupid low percents. Anyway, another player informed me that they have bad grab releases, so what exactly can Pikachu get after a grab? (Pummel x4 -> release -> up smash -> thunder might go a long way towards helping out my killing problem, since I have been able to land grabs.)

Also, what's the best way to punish Lucas's PKT2? Ness's I've found that if you shield he'll end up right beside you, but Lucas seems to go a ways after hitting my shield, which can make punishing tricky.

Finally, a non-matchup question... whenever I jab someone with pikachu, it feels like when I quit holding down A (or they DI out), I'm open for punishment. What's the best thing to do once you've landed jab?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You can grab release to Dash U-smash Lucas/Ness. The timing is REALLY tight though, so you will need to practice it.

For Lucas PKT2, just memorize how far it goes and get your spacing accordingly. If it is from off-stage, just grab the ledge at the appropriate time, jump back up and hit them with nair or fair u-tilt (they probably don't have a jump if they are recovering)

Jab has a crapton of lag at the end of it. You should be using it either to interrupt (I have had people not punish me for it while right next to me just because they had to realize their **** wasn't happening and then react accordingly), near the ledge (it will push them off most likely, which is way safer) or in a jab lock. Don't go for things like hoping jab will trip when you are at high %s because it can get you killed. However, if you are at low % and they are at high % going for jabs is worth it because it will refresh your kill moves if you used them, as well as tack on a decent amount of %, even though you will most likely get hit afterwards.

Cassio

Smash Master
Ness is one of pikachus roughest MUs especially for those unfamiliar with it.

Dont get impatient against ness/lucas. Regardless of killing, you should know how to GR -> regrab (ness is easier than lucas). GR-> usmash/nair is harder but feasible, but assuming you dont put the time in to learn it like most of us, keep poking at ness/lucas until you get them into a bad position for a kill (in the air/offstage/on a platform etc.). Whiffed attacks are never favorable at kill percents because of how hard they get punish.

I mostly agree with ESAM about jab. However regardless of percent sometimes your only available option is jabbing. If you find yourself caught needing to jab, theres 3 things to do. First is to just interrupt the move with a single jab like ESAM said. Second is to attempt to trip an opponent with jab, do it within 4 jabs or else its not worth it. Past 4 jabs your best just holding onto jab until its no longer hitting the opponent.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF GR NAIR?!? **** THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZING SINCE THEY ALWAYS DI AWAY!!!

Cassio, I <3 you sometimes.

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, to give credit where its due it was Prime's discovery. I just remembered and am a fan of mixing it up.

Nordal

Smash Lord
I like Dash Attack at %'s slightly before up smash kills. They'll usually try to attack or airdodge into you which gives us a free forward smash.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Dash attack is nice at the higher percentages like Nordal said but I still only use it if I'm below 50% since it gets punished hard imo.
K Prime, I <3 you almost always.
I'm on the border of K Prime religious fanaticism.

Top Bottom