• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
We're not crew members. =X

(& I really hope he didn't take me seriously, because that'd be hilarious if he did.)

Roller

Smash Legend
a lot of people miss this point, and its why i have kinda been on and off about using secondaries for matchups i hate. really need to master pika more before i secondary it up
Oh good. I look forward to you going pika vs my ICs. n_n
I feel the same way, Stealth. I guess I 'm just a secret genius about this kind of stuff, lol. I haven;t used a secondary in months, I wanna make sure my Pikas is good first. even though I will never beat Roller with him, ever.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
A man can only lose so many times before realising that he will never win ever. I hit that point on the first day we met.

PKChrisChan

Smash Rookie
Hi! Well! I some n00b who's wondering how do you do mid-air turn arounds on moves like Down B and Neutral B. i watch some matches on smash boards especially ESAM. It looks like he turns his tjolts(neurtal B) around in mid air. I've been trying. How could one learn to do this?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Press back, release back, then use any B move.

or

Use a B move then quickly press back right after. Doing it this way also reverses your momentum.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
two ways on tjolt
1. hold back, reset to neutral hit b
2. hit b, then quickly (within 3 to 5 frames iirc?) hit back

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Well you'd better hurry and get better against Logic or else your Olimar Gauntlet might not go as well as you'd like. :bee: Also, I'm gonna pick up a secondary to combat ICs soon because I hate them.

Cassio

Smash Master
For some reason I fsmashed marth through the stage while he was up-bing to the ledge on smashville.

Probably known already but if MK tries to upb you from the ledge you can fsmash him.

Cassio

Smash Master
yeah it was surprising bc I dont see MKs do it. Thats probably why, lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Are there any vids of pika vs peach where both are playing the mu correctly??

Or at the very least the pika is...

PZ

Smash Lord
I need help with OOS options for the ftilts of mk and snake or any character that has that one gay move that says "I can hit you with all hits or just 1 or 2". I always find myself camping these mus to a point where I can't even bair it. Can anyone help?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If you are close enough to snake you can grab him in between the hits. Otherwise...it becomes prediction since there isn't a 100% win situation.

PKChrisChan

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm some n00b pikachu! Whats the best way to learn to shield grab? I've tried with all level computers in training mode and none of them ever use a dash attack for me to practice this technique.

And i can't seem to do it against humans either, im always getting punished.

:(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
shield grab... you just press attack while you are holding shield... only if they are close enough after hitting your shield. You gotta position yourself for it. Pika's grab range is small, so good spacing moves are hard to shield grab as Pika.

PZ

Smash Lord
If you are close enough to snake you can grab him in between the hits. Otherwise...it becomes prediction since there isn't a 100% win situation.
So dash<shield=a good approach vs. snake? did not know that and yea dair works ok with mk while no 100% win situation is still gay I much rather just roll away or into to mix it up.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You have to change up your approaches. Snake has options to beat your approaches, but Pikachu has many more options to cover one of his choices. Everything is a good approach, just in the right circumstance.

Watch me vs mvd/razer/ally if you want video proof so you can see what I do.

PZ

Smash Lord
Yea your pretty good in that mu but I don't get how you do well vs some broken moves like that when you always or usually do make the right decision. :S

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Idk Snake is a hard character to fight. There's a lot of things you need to keep in mind while approaching him because of both his projectiles and his ridiculous hitboxes on his tilts and such. I think it requires a lot of experience to keep all of these things fresh in your mind while fighting him.

Top Bottom