• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

JRDD

Smash Rookie
Thanks! and then what do you do to them when you get them to the ledge? can you dthrow chain or is there a good follow up?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I don't remember how long the dthrow cg last on Ike, but you can do that if it works. After the dthrow cg, the best follow up would be either dthrow>nair or pummel them so they get grab released below the stage and then just try to edge guard.

JRDD

Smash Rookie
Is Olimar an OK secondary for Pika? When I hit a wall I took a break from pikachu and found that Olimar was really fun and REALLY good. The only bad matchup they both have is Marth, so would I have to pick up like DDD for that? What can DDD do against Marth anyway?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You asked like 7 different questions @_@

Let's see...people view bad MUs for Pika as

Lucario, ICs, G&W, Marth, Diddy

Olimar gets wrecked by ICs, beats G&W, loses to marth, goes even with diddy (I think) and ??s Lucario. He is a good pick, but there are better.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
What do you do vs an offstage camping ROB? Between the gyro, lasers, and N-air, I have the hardest time landing a hit (especially a kill move) on him.

On a related note, what do you do with ROB's gyro? That thing is seriously annoying.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't rush in, first focus on shielding a moderate distance (enough where he can't nair you) once you got his pattern down, throw jolts and perhaps run off aerials.

Or don't lose the lead.

Killing ROB.. Best to just damage him then kill with utilt > thunder or just utilt.

Fsmash is a good spacing move so prob will be stale >_>;;

ROB's gyro.. If you predict it, also jump up and awaaay.. Never spot dodge... Then you can QAC punish :D

Juggling ROB though isn't too bad.. Just hit him before nair comes out

JRDD

Smash Rookie
When (besides mindgames) is it good to use qac > thunder? Is it good versus beginners/people that dont know about it?
What do you do vs an offstage camping ROB? Between the gyro, lasers, and N-air, I have the hardest time landing a hit (especially a kill move) on him.

On a related note, what do you do with ROB's gyro? That thing is seriously annoying.
Whenever Im Rob my brother picks it up and chucks it back at me.

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Kaylo, I'm still searching for more information in other cities because I need to decide a university and I want to go to New York city too. Thanks for your time!

Roller

Smash Legend
How did it pay? You still only get one vote like the rest of us. Actually... You just have to wait longer from when you heard about it to see the results than we do. So. That sucks for you..

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Is it a good idea to hold off of using nair at lower percents so that it'll be fresh for the kill? Or is this too significant a restriction?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Hmm....maybe I should re-adjust my playstyle with that so I can actually kill MK without having to read an air-dodge.

PZ

Smash Lord
Honestly, it doesn't have to be hold off that'll probably build up a read for your opponent which isn't good in the long run. If you save it for a kill move your opponent will more like di it sense he will know your saving it for the kill. I basically just use it wehnever I fill needed or helpful in the matchup or situation or automatically if I do an uair and I don't want to juggle. Besides pikachu has so many kill options that in some ways are unpredictable or obvious.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yep, it does. That's why I'll jab people when they are at 100%, even if I get hit for it, just so that I can refresh my moves.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yep, jabbing something for at least 2 seconds completely refreshes all your other moves. Works on pikmin and waddles too.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It is just me or does doing a running nair out of a dthrow knock them back at a lower angle than just a normal nair out of dthrow.

PZ

Smash Lord
It is just me or does doing a running nair out of a dthrow knock them back at a lower angle than just a normal nair out of dthrow.
Nah it isnt just you. When you do the running the hitbox is higher than the opponent therefore sending them at a lower level although normal nair does have its mixups.:O

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I thought your kills were from grabs.

I think most of my kills are fsmash.
Which is bad, because that means I only got lucky after doing it 30 times.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Right, jab to refresh. Can't believe I forgot that XD
I don't play Pikachu much but I'm trying to pick him up as a secondary. He's really hard ._.
But he's so cute

Cassio

Smash Master
I dont think its just Prime. Ive been running naird enough to feel the difference.

Top Bottom