• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu gathering thing

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
:3

we also talk about other stuff.
and debate. then clubber gets mad :p

jk clubber... don't get defensive again.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
why don't you ever post proof of the fact that they work then?
or just ask other people since some of the stuff that you've posted was already known (like agility after an aerial). And yea, most fancy stuff isn't that useful... just fancy (imo)

Pi

Smash Hero
i'd relaly like to get in on one of these but 9pm est on saturday is not doin it for me (i work most of these unless i request off for a tournament)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
just join later... we'll probably be on for a couple hours.
if you can't do that, we could bump it back to like 10:00pm or later.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
uhm... that won't work for grim... since he's australian and whatnot. we'll probably still be on at like 12... at least some of us.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yea, well, it turns out i won't make it either, so see you guys whenever we do the next meeting i guess (º—º)/

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
discussion is irrelevant. just nair things. or combo uair into nair.

if you're playing vs low tiers, dthrow reaction tech chase.

Cheebs

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I missed the first discussion, I've been super busy this summer.

So when's this next one going to happen since this Saturday isn't working out?

Pi

Smash Hero
ruby why are you even on the pichu boards shouldn't you be trying to get better so you don't embarass yourself at the next national

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
what are you talking about lolz.

dthrow techchase falco and fox and whatnot on reaction, not prediction, you just gotta be faster :p

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
we haven't done one since 2011.
I feel like it's better to just have character discussions here on smashboards so that other players can see it, even not having been present for the discussion.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
hey man, it's all about perspective.
The character was fun as hell for us at one point too.
I still enjoy him in casual play.

but yeah, if someone has the balls to use the character competitively anymore, you gotta respect that.

As more experienced players than most of the people in this board, our job is just to answer questions and stuff, not to tell kids to stop playing a character that they're clearly enjoying.

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
please don't waste the last few years of this game's life on pichu guys
People say Pichu is absolutely terrible at the game, and this is because people rather say Pichu is awful due to a light weight/etc, they also rarely play Pichu and see people actually play as Pichu. People like me play Pichu for the challenge, and my specific reason being that I want to prove Pichu isn't bottom tier, he should be 23rd-24th. Pichu isn't the worst. Zelda/Kirby/Ness is.

Melee will never die out.

Last edited:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Pichu is awful. I'm speaking from personal experience as I used to use him. Range is everything in melee and Pichu has none of it.
Winning consistently with a good character is a more engaging challenge than occassionally winning with a low tier imo

Obviously to each their own, I just don't like seeing people playing a shallower version of my favourite game for gimmicky reasons

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
Yeah, we already know that. Maybe it's actually fun for us to play as the cute af mouse? I actually bought this game just for Pichu. I'll use who I want to, and you use who you to, okay?

Also Pichu's taunts are godly.

Edit: My laptop's going to be fixed soon, so if we get these going again, I'll be able to attend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom