• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Photoshopped Characters

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Since I haven't posted in a while I popped out a few slightly modded renders onto the background, they're nothing special, and don't judge the rest of mine by the small amount I did to these, but when theres already good artwork, starting from scratch seems somewhat a waste of time... Think of it as filler, rather then a real work...

And though I'm not one for screens really, I thought I'd take a quick stab at one:

Though in retrospect a different subject may have been better, since Olimar's size hasn't been nailed down...
No offense, but Gannondorf's Blind, why does he have Pupils?

Bane

Smash Journeyman
I am extraordinarily offended...

You're right Ganondorf is blind, his motivation in Twilight Princess was actually to turn Wolf link into his own personal seeing eye dog...

0_o

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Update

Now, I'm no where near at the skill level in Photoshop that most of you are at. But I wanted to try my luck. Sadly, Geno had already been done and I couldn't find a good sized picture of Isaac from Golden Sun to use. So, I went with another character I hope will make the cut.

I'm horrible with screen shots. Also, the text that the template said to use for the description didn't look right to me so I avoided typing one out. Oh, and criticism is welcome! =)

Edit: Reuploaded after I fixed that discoloration issue. Maybe I'll try again with some screenshots and a description.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Could someone do a Lucario one? I have been waiting some time to see it on Smash Bros. Dojo, but in case it is no time soon, I'd like to see one made up, to help imagine it.

angel551

Smash Cadet
You did a good job photoshopping the pictures. I wish you added Samus, but still, you did a great job.

Edit: Sorry, you did add Samus.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Midna and wolf link isn't bad. But wolf link should be facing the screen. Other than that great job everyone.

Bane

Smash Journeyman

It's not my best, but there's a lack of quality pics, this was the best I could get out of one I found at planetrenders.net, the lighting isn't right, no matter how much I try...

I like my Krystal result much better...

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Some of you guys really should learn how to shadow. No rudeness to that, just a hint. Simply look up a shadowing tutorial on the internet.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Good bane. It's kinda sketchy though..
I'd agree with you, I can't seem to nail down the right level of shadow though, A white character on a bright background is annoying like that...

Some of you guys really should learn how to shadow. No rudeness to that, just a hint. Simply look up a shadowing tutorial on the internet.
Do you mean shadowing as in:
a)The shadowing underneath main renders on the updates
b)Matching the lighting of the character when you put them in fake screens
c)Matching the lighting of the render to the general style of the updates
d)All of the above
or e)All of the below

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Mainly numbers/letters 1 and 2/a and b. Yours are good Bane, but the sadowless characters on others leaves something lacking.

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
I Know I already Added this to the Stafy Thread but....

This was originally Kirby, just morphed into a yellow Star.
Wow!. This is one is my favorite. It really cornered the Stafy character.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
With the game coming out soon, we can only imagine how characters will look, lucky for us, we have tools that can help us imagine what might be true one day XD
Here are a few photoshopped screens I created, I'd love to see if any of you guys have any of you own

Please try to bear with errors I made, they were made just for fun.
(Prepares for flame for lack of Ridley :dizzy: )
cool i like the selection screen:)

Bane

Smash Journeyman
There's my pic, for free
I'm not partial to that particular Ridley render, the quality of it isn't quite up to snuff, though I know it's virtually the only option, Ridley renders are either ancient or what you have... (I modded an older one so it had some polish, but to do a set would be rather tedious...). For what they are you did an excellent job though, despite the pics of Ridley not being of the best quality, you matched them to the screens excellently, something I just don't have the patience for....

All in all, great job.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If somebody is interested in making the Ridley better, just ask me, and I'll send you the models (which isn't actually considered legal, but who cares about models anyway, they don't have the bones attached)

Top Bottom