• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 7 - IMPULSE Circuit - Ft. Felix, Alphicans, KillLock, Asa...

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I remember when I was pretty much the youngest person to show up besides Harris and Clouderz, now most of us are like, under 20. What the hell happened?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I remember playing Smash 64 with one of my classmates at his place in the 5th grade. It was the first time I played somebody who was better than me...memories~

We've broken 40 confirmed attendees with just under a month to go. o.0

@ Whaleu: The number of players in each pool will depend on attendance. For example, if we get 40 entrants for singles, there will be 8 pools of 5 players, with top 3 getting out of each. However, if we exceed 48 entrants, I'll most likely split to 12 pools with top 2 making it out, since having 8 pools means we'll start seeing 7-man pools once we exceed 48. If this is the case, I might split pools into two "waves" (to keep with the aquatic theme of course) of 6 pools each to make it easy for others to take a lunch break. Either way, the pro bracket will consist of 24 players, with the rest getting a shot at a consolation bracket.

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm going to say, yes, as long as we don't dip below 32 entrants for singles. We'll do 8 pools to a top 16 pro bracket for 32-39 entrants, 8 pools to a top 24 pro bracket for 40-47 entrants, and 12 pools to top 24 pro bracket for 48+. If we somehow hit the 64 mark, we'll probably have to do 16 pools to a top 32 bracket.

brb adding this to the OP.

| Big D |

Smash Master
You guys are so old.

Ad short.

But EC is so much shorter like

If you look at Tin Man, everyone is his height.

But we make him look tiny.

It's cuz of the bag milk.

You drink less milk because nobody wants to replace the bag.

Thus they don't grow like us.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'd love to see around 60 people for a 32 people bracket :) will the doubles have pools as well?
Running pools for doubles would just add unnecessary time to the event, so unfortunately, we'll most likely just do a straight bracket for doubles.

Hm is there any hope in making this a two day event? :)
I'm hesitant to extend the length if it'll make things more difficult for player who are travelling and the players who are offering them housing.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah that's true though I think there are those that are staying longer than that and half a day doesn't seem like enough time to meet everybody which is why I thought 2 days might appeal to some people.

Whaleu

Smash Cadet
Well, what could you even do to make it a two day event? I mean, we are spending the night so I figure we could do it

Captain L

Smash Champion
I wouldn't make the second day of a 2 day event, and neither would Caiden

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm how about making the day before/after the event a casual day then although there is sooo much more to Vancouver than a child's video game.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
http://youtu.be/iD-UPHvtP8M?t=1m47s

Brawl is rated A in the Japanese CERO scale. A rating of "A" means the game is intended for players of all ages. I didn't realize Brawl was so overwhelming that only Teens can handle seeing stuff like Jigglypuff, Zelda, and Peach. Grow a backbone, rest of the world.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
http://youtu.be/iD-UPHvtP8M?t=1m47s

Brawl is rated A in the Japanese CERO scale. A rating of "A" means the game is intended for players of all ages. I didn't realize Brawl was so overwhelming that only Teens can handle seeing stuff like Jigglypuff, Zelda, and Peach. Grow a backbone, rest of the world.
Would you be willing to be responsible for two 5 year olds trying to play 'smash bros' in real life, and then throwing a baseball bat at one another?
Not that I'm saying it's good, playing devil's advocate.

Top Bottom