• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix 4 October 16th Coquitlam BC

LFL

Smash Journeyman
THE TOURNAMENT DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO OCT. 16TH

Venue:

Home Video 3274 Coast Meridian Road, Port Coquitlam - (604) 941-9313

Fees and Prizes

Venue Fee: $5*
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles $10 per person

Pot will be split 45/20/15/10/5/5 for Brawl Singles and 60/30/10 for Doubles

Schedule

10:00am - Venue Opens, Brawl doubles registration
11:00am - Brawl doubles
2:00pm - Brawl singles registration
3:00pm Brawl singles
10pm - Venue closes

Rules

3 Stock
8 Minutes
Sets of best 2 of 3.
Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be best 3 of 5
Items are to be set to "Off" and "None".
BYOC (Bring your own controller.)
Player may not counterpick to the last stage they won on.
Dumb Stages can be used. (Any stage can be played on if both players agree).

Sets will proceed in this format:
1. Players pick their characters*** and a stage is picked by random to one of the set neutrals.
2. Players may use one veto each on a random stage. They will quit the round and let random pick a new stage. In doubles there will be a veto for each team as opposed to a player each.
3. Winner of the first match bans a stage, the loser counterpicks a stage, the winner picks their character and then the loser picks theirs before the second match is played.
4. Step 3 is repeated until the set's winner is determined.

In the event of a time out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage. If a tie exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

If Bowser's Klaw is initiated then the win will go to Bowser. If Ganondorf initiates a Ganoncide, ignore the outcome and the win will go to Ganondorf. All other suicides will be sent to the tie-breaker.

The 50 ledgegrab rule is in effect (You may only grab the ledge 50 times in a match). Players who suspect their opponent have grabbed the ledge more than 50 times must call it before they leave the results screen, otherwise we will not be able to enforce this rule.

Any action used to cause the match unfinishable (freezing or other glitches) will result in the forfeit of the match by the initiator.

Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned. Standing infinites are banned. Ice Climber's Fusion glitch is banned.

Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. For any disobedience of this rule, we'll punish as we see fit.

We will be adding rules as needed, and without notice. The final word comes down to myself or another TO's decision.

Stagelist:

Neutral
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Seige

Setups

Please bring Wiis. We have enough tv's but if people can bring wii's and brawl that would be amazing!

Attendence

If you are able to attend, please post, and I'll put you on the list. A star denotes that the person is unconfirmed. Bold means they're out of province.

1. Kodokan
2. Asa
3. Tpagne
4. Grape
5. Firefly
6. Skidd
7. Cedrick
8. HNG
9. Superboom
10. Alphicans
11. Fiji
12. Karaudo
13. Cheeszeman
14. Bundtcake
15. Breez
16. Captain L
17. Max113
18. Blue Yoshi
19. Scott_2222
20. Bluntded_Object
21. Starwaffle
22. Clouderz
23. Killock
24. Arsenal
25. Lime
26. Brnningpyre
27. Diminisht
28. Karupin
29. Ic0nic
30. KoopaBros
31. Smash_Mash
32. Mao Zedong
33. Karma
34. Scaphist
35. Scaphist's Friend

Poster Contest

I want a poster made for the tournament. Whoever submits the best poster, selected by myself, won't have to pay the venue fee. So use your photoshop skills and impress me!

I hope to see you there!

SKidd

Smash Master
Leave me unconfirmed

Someone who isn't that good MM me

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Skidd, I suck ****. Everyone knows MK sux. Let's money match kid. And hopefully, I can make it.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
things are looking good for AB to be able to make it out. i'll keep u guys posted on AB's status.

top 3 doubles should be payed out

HYPE

also we should do AB vs BC crew battle

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If I come I'd like some housing. If someone can provide that, it'll improve my chances on coming. I am not confirmed at all really, just I show a strong interest in coming.

Up the doubles entry. The pot splits seem alright, I kinda like the idea that not only the top3 get money. Keeps people interested.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
If attendance is as high as it could be, I'd support maybe even paying out to top 4 teams; something like 50/25/15/10? We did have 15 teams at Phoenix 1, so I could see it working if we can grow beyond that. I support $10 per player entry for doubles as well.

And yes, AB vs. BC is going to happen. ;] We'll figure out the terms of the crew battle as the attendance from AB becomes confirmed.

Edit: @ Alphicans: bundtcake might be interested in housing you mainly because of the 37-man crew battle. =P Don't take it from me though.

:008:

bundtcake

Smash Ace
We should have a smash 64 side event at this tourney. I mean, Dan's coming all the way from Alberta, we should have a 64 event for him.
Probably depends on if we have enough time, last time we tried to fit in a 64 side event, it was only like 6 people and we still didn't get to finish it <.<

I'm sure we can get a setup for friendlies going once the tourney starts dying down though O:

Captain L

Smash Champion
Sign me up! I need a teammate, and hopefully somebody will answer my request this time now that I'm not just some random. :p

I support a 64 side event

SKidd

Smash Master
Meta, plan a Melee tourney for AB.

everybody loves melee!

Metà

Smash Master
Keep in mind though, we did the 64 side event at Phoenix 2 when we had 15 entrants for singles. I wouldn't count on having time to do it this time around...

dude I've run like, 6 events in one day....

mind you, we had like, all day to do it, but still. I can bring TV's and stuff, just let me run the side event.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
That's the thing, we don't have all day, lol. We'll probably have to be out by 9:00 again, and there are going to be a lot of people here. Plus we do pools for singles on top of that. If you want to run a 64 side event, you can, but it can't interfere with singles at all. We need all the set-ups we can get to run everything, and tournament matches take priority over side-event matches.

Metà

Smash Master
That's the thing, we don't have all day, lol. We'll probably have to be out by 9:00 again, and there are going to be a lot of people here. Plus we do pools for singles on top of that. If you want to run a 64 side event, you can, but it can't interfere with singles at all. We need all the set-ups we can get to run everything, and tournament matches take priority over side-event matches.

9:00? what is this i don't even

that's like, barely past SKidd's bedtime yo

Asa

Smash Hero
so unfair bryan, why are you picking an overpowered mid tier character against a low tier main?
no

ness is low-tier garbage

mario ***** ness according to skidd

so i'm at a huge disadvantage

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I wonder if we could finish the tournament, if possible, in a different location if we had to? Kind of like Genesis had to.

Consider me unconfirmed for this. I'll be attempting to go with the others.

Asa

Smash Hero
I don't think we have the means to do so

the best we can hope for is to ask the owner to extend her hours for us

bundtcake

Smash Ace
It's that difficult to find a place to hook up a tv and play some video games?
Just for 64? I love the game but it's not worth the hassle <_<

Plus there's not too many of us that play 64, if Blue Yoshi and Superboom do a 64 MM then there we go, that's pretty much how the side event would've gone anyways

Metà

Smash Master
Just for 64? I love the game but it's not worth the hassle <_<

Plus there's not too many of us that play 64, if Blue Yoshi and Superboom do a 64 MM then there we go, that's pretty much how the side event would've gone anyways
lmao no I'm gonna **** blue yoshi

no more falcon, I'm going pikachu

Top Bottom