• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix 3 August 21st Coquitlam BC

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
I cant come if it is on that weekend : (
If it is the weekend after I would definatly be there though...

bundtcake

Smash Ace
S, A, B are high tier; C, D, E are mid tier; F, G are low tier. However, the BBE has said that Bowser and Ness (bottom of E tier) can be considered low tier for the purposes of a low tier tournament if the tourney host decides so.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm not going. I can't go on that specific weekend (either work johns, or if I get that time off, family johnz... either way, I'm not able to come).

I will likely be able to come the weekend after... like Karupin ;) (which I know would probably not be possible due to the short-notice, but just pointing it out).

Sion

Island of Horizon
I'm not going. I can't go on that specific weekend (either work johns, or if I get that time off, family johnz... either way, I'm not able to come).

I will likely be able to come the weekend after... like Karupin ;) (which I know would probably not be possible due to the short-notice, but just pointing it out).
are you serious? =(

Max113

Smash Apprentice
@Asa: I guess we'll just have to show you mainlanders that just cause someone chooses MK doesn't guarantee the win. :p

Well... it appears that NONE OF THE ISLANDERS CAN COME NOW cause BlueYoshi can't go. :( Could it please be on the weekend after?

The Islanders chain:

Ewic --> Defender --> Max113 --> BlueYoshi. >_>

Defend_er

Smash Rookie
@Asa: I guess we'll just have to show you mainlanders that just cause someone chooses MK doesn't guarantee the win. :p

Well... it appears that NONE OF THE ISLANDERS CAN COME NOW cause BlueYoshi can't go. :( Could it please be on the weekend after?

The Islanders chain:

Ewic --> Defender --> Max113 --> BlueYoshi. >_>
I agree, or we could host it right here in Victoria ;) [/Wishful_Thinking]

Also, hi.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Umm, Me and IHT can only go if somebody speaks up about housing within the next 2 weeks, otherwise we can't go unless there is a hotel that will let us stay.

Asa

Smash Hero
if i need to i'll stay in the hotel with you guys,

i'm 20

so i should be old enough

Asa

Smash Hero
clouderz don't worry i won't steal their stuff

btw our team name is team high school drama

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Yeah... is there any way this can be done the weekend after? If so, then there is a chance I may make it, along with the islanders.

The attendance you gain from the Islanders would far outweigh the attendance you lose from changing the date, plus more people (e.g. Jake maybe?) aren't able to come on that specific weekend, but may come on the next one.

Edit (probably before it will say edit):

Plus, changing the week to a week later won't affect anyone. There's not many people who are coming from out of town (well... except for the Islanders, who are all not able to come on that weekend anyways, and AJ, but nobody cares about him (lol jk :p)). So... yeah. People who live close by shouldn't be affected by a date change. Why not suggest/ask it, and see people's reactions to it... ;)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
only problem is this is...

He might steal your belongings and ditch you with nothing

i've seen it happen
hilarious

yeah.

Also @ changing the tourney to the weekend after, I know Jordan's hosting a SC2 tourney that weekend, so it really isn't possible, too bad guys D:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Maybe have a count on attendance if it were done when scheduled, and if it were done the week after and two weeks after. Many people are bailing out it seems. Whether I attend or not, I would say a tournament with 20 people two weeks later would be better than a tournament with 12 people, even if one or two cannot show up to the later date.

Actually, funny story, I did this. I'm the tourney host for Victoria. Not many people could show up to a tournament I had planned in Victoria on one weekend, so I moved it to the next, where more people could show up. The funny thing is, I could not show up on that weekend. So I ended up hosting a tournament I was not in attendance for (which turned out to be me setting up the time/place/everything and someone else running the brackets, which eventually turned into a major smash fest since no one wanted to create brackets by hand lol).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'd be there as well. But the point still stands that moving the tourney date for more attendance is better than leaving it where it is when there is a small attendance.

Then again, maybe everyone is busy on the extended date day... but if we ask everyone what days work for them... maybe people would prefer a different day?

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Also @ changing the tourney to the weekend after, I know Jordan's hosting a SC2 tourney that weekend, so it really isn't possible, too bad guys D:
Reposting for emphasis.

It's a little much to expect him to organize a smash tourney for us while he's busy trying to set up a SC2 one, Jake's not in town so he can't really organize it, I don't want to organize it, and I doubt other people want to either. Also, because of the SC2 tourney, we'd be missing out on the players from Abbotsford (Ben, Dave, Jordan; Kevin couldn't make it to this tourney anyways unfortunately) and I was planning to go to that SC2 tournament as well and don't know if I'd ditch just because this tournament got rescheduled. So, you'd be missing not only our main tournament host, but also some of the top competition. Home Video also is the venue for other random events, so changing the date on them short notice might be a hassle for them because they would've been able to schedule something during when our tournament was, making them lose out on some venue fees.

As for delaying it two whole weeks, why not just wait for the next tournament if we're gonna delay it that long? It's probably just gonna be in a month anyways. This tournament was supposed to be the big one, but I see no problem with letting the next one be the big one instead.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I can't change the tournament date. Running and setting up a brawl tournament is a lot of time/work. I put in a lot of time for the community that goes unnoticed and the dates i pick are what work best for me. Also as cake said I am running a 64 man SC2 tournament the week after. I'm sorry if you can't make it to this event. I put it on because we haven't had a brawl tournament since April. There will more than likely be another Brawl tournament within 6 weeks of this one, and i will try my best to pick a date which will accommodate everyone.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I can confirm for the 21st! I might be able to make it on the 28th, and I most likely can't make it on the 4th. Just in case that still matters.

Edit: Now that I see LFL's post it doesn't matter after all.

Anybody looking to team with a Pika?

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Well that sucks... :(

Anyway, I just found out that Defender and I could go if Ewic went... but I don't know if it would be as fun without BlueYoshi. :p (chain is starting to loop.)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Next year when I can afford it, I think I'm gonna organize a road trip for some of Alberta to come up and play. You're one province over. Should only take a day to get there.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Next year when I can afford it, I think I'm gonna organize a road trip for some of Alberta to come up and play. You're one province over. Should only take a day to get there.
What the... an Ike!?!? o_O Get yo butt over here boy. :]

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Bundtcake won the contest. He actually submitted a real poster

Top Bottom