• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 7: Low Tier Teams Edition, Dallas TX, Mar 27th = Dojo / Razer / Gnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Funnily enough, I've only really been to yours.

And lol @ Gnes, Dojo, or Trela going Sonic, Bowser, or Sheik.
Dojo loves Falcon too much, Gnes I've only seen go Ness or some other "top tier" low tier, and Trela loves PT.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Imo sheik/sonic are too good for low tier. I'm fine with fair/ftilting all day if you decide to keep them in though, heh.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
They are Sethlon, but no one will go out of their way to learn either of them when they can rely on someone as simple as Ike, Ness, Falcon, or Jigglypuff. Mario too, except no one plays Mario, which is incredible since he beats Ike.

I don't know about Sheik, but great Sonics should place high in low tier tournaments BECAUSE everyone goes Ness, Falcon, Ike, and Jigglypuff, but suck in everything else because of how steep the climb is against the other characters in mid-tier and up.

That isn't to say that Sonic in low tiers is easy either. Most of the characters in the current F tier can give him a hard time (Mario beats him, and the rest go even with him). Just look at this last HOBO.

Too good for low tier, too bad for everything else.
Sums it up just about right.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Ness ain't simple well ok maybe he is...
Fair, dair, Nair, grabz and big gay thunder. I've been waiting for this 4ever!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You **** well better!
Mario is legit.

Thinking about switching from Mario to Zelda

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Sounds like an interesting time.

I had no Idea we'd met Xyro...
I've seen your Samus though, (especially against Legan) Its like what Inui said. "Xyro's skill is national class, but his main is abyssmal"

But yeah, Im shooting for a "decent" place this time...

last phase I was at, I got jumped by Dojo in winners bracket and later F-hero in losers bracket, both MKs...

Ended up 19th or so 3-2 (all Link)

But still, It was cool stuff.

If I can make this one, I'm bringing my Link hat...

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Well parents signed me up for practice SAT test the day of this tourney so i won't make it til AFTER LT teams starts, so **** my life -_- they don't even ask me about it before they do it.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
It's Shuz's birthday so I will be making Kirbycakes. Yaaaaaay!

Also I need a few people who are willing to show up at 10 to help setup. This involves moving things to help get us more room in the venue that I can't do.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Suggestion for side tourney! I was reading over Nike's latest smash fest, and he threw a tournament for players who placed below 9th place only. The prize? There entry fee back. Sounds like an interesting idea, and would definitely persuade me to join singles again.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Wtf, considering there's 4 9th place finishers that's keeping out 12 people from entering a side event. No thats super gay.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Wtf, considering there's 4 9th place finishers that's keeping out 12 people from entering a side event. No thats super gay.
First, it's a side event in itself, a free one at that. Second, this obviously wouldn't be used in place of a more popular side event, only set up minus time constraints.

But I'm with Bear for secondary doubles.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
dojo razer and gnes eh. guess i ought to get practicing to lose not as worse as last time.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
I might show up, not sure if I'm entering or not. Definitely want to celebrate shuz's birthday :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Actually, that side tourney included the 4 9th place finishers. But it serves no purpose for anyone higher than that. SA is full of not so good people, but idk if that would work for dallas.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
UTD ZAC, i have that massive bag of wires and i can bring a wii/ssbb. My tvs are all way to huge for the car im going in so do i still get a waived venue fee or no?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
An issue has come up that might stop houston from going to Phase.

P4 is our driver and his mommy told him that she doesnt want him/me driving home AFTER phase is over. She doesnt think we can handle a 4 hour trip at 11 or 12 at night(though i do this for EVERY phase/final smash/hobo). So the issue is, WE NEED HOUSING FOR SATURDAY NIGHT(dao/xyro/p4/razer/trela/jerm[maybe]) or else we may not be able to go. Also, because of this housing ordeal.....GNES cannot go with us. he has family stuff he HAS to do on sunday. So can anybody house us? I HATE asking this so **** late but it was kinda thrown on us with out warning. PLEASE HELP US!!!

EDIT 1: So p4's mom must be on drugs or something cause she is now saying each person much pay 30$ in gas. So that would cross out trela and me cause thats a **** LOAD of money we dont have. Things aint lookin good.

EDIT 2: THERE MIGHT BE HOPE! P4 has offered to drop out and that means i will drive my truck and that means i wont charge 30$ and that means we can leave saturday night and that means Gnes can go and that means our chances are SUPER HIGH AGAIN and that means dojo gets his reg 2vs2 partner and that means me and dojo will win LT 2vs2 and that means i will be HAPPY!!! Ill keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom