• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Wings has decided to take a long break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Phantom Wings said:
As of now I currently declare myself inactive. That being said, I will be no longer accepting requests from any source nor will I be creating anymore codes... I am not sure how long I will remain inactive, but I can assure you that I will still be open to support any hackers who need assistance.

This is probably very abrupt but the reason for my declaration of inactivity is simply due to the fact that these days I do not have enough time to get anything thoroughly done. That, and because almost all of Brawl has been hacked beyond limits that anyone has seen for a video game. All of that, however, is undermined by the all consuming factor of stress. While I realize there are large expectations for me, those expectations are made all the more stressful when after multiple weeks of work I have nothing to show for the expected codes. So in order to take some stress off of my life, I am going to go inactive for a while.

I must apologize to everyone who has recently requested a code from me in which I've replied in that I would try to work on them as now I will not be completing the promised codes. Fortunately there are many capable hackers out there, so feel free to see about enlisting their help if the code is absolutely essential.

I am fully aware that I am leaving many things unfinished such as the 7-Player Brawl code or the code for using Ganondorf's Sword, so I grant any hacker out there the freedom to try and modify or complete any code that I have made but left in a semi unfinished state. (this includes the file replacement code if anyone wishes to take up the torch in attempting to get music working) I, of course will be open to questions if a fellow hacker needs help understanding anything - just be aware that I may not be on as often.

Thank you all for your support and companionship here at the GSCentral boards - this has been my main home when it has come to posting my codes and in my opinion it has been the best out of all the boards out there. I expect that the world of hacking will eventually draw me back, but for now I will be parting for a while.

Seeyah.

~Phantom Wings
For those who did not know.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He worked hard to develop those codes for the texture hacks. We should be thankful that he developed the File Replacement v2.1a code so that we can add additional codes along with our texture hacks.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's sad to read that, but we really can't thank him enough.
He did so much for us, and the things he made possible are just amazing.
If it weren't for Phantom Wings I wouldn't be sitting here playing Brawl + with all my textures or half of these codes.
I hope you come back one day and amaze us again, but for now take a long deserved break.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Phantom Wings is awesome.

He made the texture loader code.

He deserves it.

kthx

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
a loss to the hacking community... come back someday PW. but when your ready :)

you have done so much for every brawl hacker out there, so take that well earned break! :D

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Phantom Wings is one of those people that has worked to get us this far in Brawl+. Let's wish him the best, and keep working on our owns, to show him how much is work has meant.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
agree with everyone that said he deserves a break. but hey, he might come back eventually.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
We'll miss him. He was what Sakurai was supposed to be to us.

I hope he gets back soon with energy enough to create some awesome custom music code. ^_^

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
As a side comment - Anybody find some irony that this happened the day of Smash64's American 10-year anniversary?

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Phantom Wings has gone far and above any expectations I've had concerning hackers for Brawl.

Thanks for all the hard work, keep your stick on the ice.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Phantom Wing's contribution is incredible. Brawl+ or just the fun factor of Brawl hacking wouldn't be where it is without him.

Take all the time you need. You've done so much already.

You should set up a paypal donation account. ;) Seriously.

Hope to hear from you again.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
After seeing just how much work he has done in the past week (When I started actually looking around at Brawl+ and the texture codes and a bunch of other stuff) I'm definitely agreeing. Take the well deserved break and recharge, haha.

Hopefully he'll be active again one day. At least he hasn't -completely- fallen off the radar eh?

matt4300

Smash Ace
Good for him. He has done so much for us, and without him im not even sure brawl+ would exist.

Though the gannon sword code would have been near the top of coolest code ever made.

V-K

Smash Ace
It´s a bit sad that the Brawl+ father is gone but he did very good work so I think everyone can accept his decision.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
agree with everyone that said he deserves a break. but hey, he might come back eventually.
Yeah, that's a break. Not a goodbye.

We'll miss him. He was what Sakurai was supposed to be to us.
That makes me think.
He's better than Sakurai, he should take that man's place! :laugh:

Anyways, enough with the quotes.

Phantom Wings, you're A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. (Plus I bet you won't ever get to read this.)
You're the best, seriously. Thanks a bunch for all the codes you've made so far. :laugh:
Like everyone said, we wouldn't be as advanced as we are right now if it weren't for your efforts! ;)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
PW Never got enough credit for all that he did.

He deserves a ****** Car for all he has done for us.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Phantom Wings is a credit to the hacking community, and the community as a whole. He really deserves this break... Take as long as you need, PW.

But don't go and leave us, ya? It'd be a huge loss if that ever happened. Even in simply supporting other hackers, you're still contributing majorly... Much of the progress with Brawl+, especially, is credited to you.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think PW should have worked harder

>.> <.<

lulz jk. We love you PW. Thanks for all the hardwork. You make owning a Wii actually worth it for me.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, I held off for a long time to buy a Wii. Wasn't even sure if I was ever going to. Then that first wavedashing code came out.

Two days later I bought a Wii and Brawl and was the most excited I'd been in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom