• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im booking using that =) my mistake it shouldnt cost more than £2-15 cant book those tickets for 7-8 days anyway they're not available

edit: ok did my research, it'll cost about £5-10 each

the site works like megabus/national express but doesn't increase so drastically per person booked, therefore if people think its smart/cheaper to book separately you're wrong because you **** over people who book after you + YOU TRAVEL ALONE.

Otherwise we all travel together in a coach..say 10 of us for £5-8 each

and if we have a LOT of melee players coming from london I'll book separate coaches most likely (probably cheaper!) and make groups for people to travel in :D no one will be alone!

J03

Smash Master
i forsee a mass booking the likes of which have never been seen!

you can use the monthly to ask who is coming/interested in this and get names for the mass booking.

go forth and spread the word

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Ben, what's with the 5 stages, and no battlefield? Are you just being massively anti-counter pick?

edit: as it turns out, you already answered this, but I'm gonna remain asking it anyway :p

Tamoo

Smash Master
hmm only costing me £20 to go by train, rather do that than coach it tbh lol so ill be booking over the weekend then i guess.

And I really think you should consider adding a stage or two ben, kj64 really aint that bad, neither is bf

COEY

Smash Lord
that stage list is how the french run their tournaments, the french!!! wtf man if thats not reason to add stages i dont know what is!

also i like the stage list :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
MOANING MOANERS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided to alter the singles stages though. I'm gonna keep the ones there for stage striking but add battlefield and kongo jungle 64 as counterpicks.

Also it's funny how a lot of people are shouting my ears off considering the stages are almost identicle to the stages we used at the 2 Liverpool tournaments yet no-one complained then? Different host perhapps? Seriously though enough moaning and have a little respect, I've been playing smash for long enough and I've done PH before this which was a success so pleaaaaae have a bit of faith

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
MOANING MOANERS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided to alter the singles stages though. I'm gonna keep the ones there for stage striking but add battlefield and kongo jungle 64 as counterpicks.

Also it's funny how a lot of people are shouting my ears off considering the stages are almost identicle to the stages we used at the 2 Liverpool tournaments yet no-one complained then? Different host perhapps? Seriously though enough moaning and have a little respect, I've been playing smash for long enough and I've done PH before this which was a success so pleaaaaae have a bit of faith

Giving my faith into you is easier said then done..... jkin lol.

I just see BF as an extremely legit stage and honestly what's more gay about it then FoD moving platfomrs.

That stage is regualrly played on so I would just like all the legit stages to be there.

But that's all I have to say cos I hear you got an amazing venue with some cheap food in the area. :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
POKÉFLOATS!!!!!

lol jk ben, I'll see you there. ;) Will be good if you could book for me, Charles.

The Lust

Smash Cadet
I be looking forward to comming to phamtom hits, and its pretty close to me also xD

</3~

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Yo Shadokai - you at southampton uni? Have you been to the computer games society? We've had smash going there if you haven't, and if you have, who are you? =>.<=

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I already said Battelfield can be a counterpick

Mr Pro I'd also like to say that I've never said battlefield was ban worthy, it just didn't make the cut in my previous stage list that only had 5 due to stage striking.

What Joe says is basically right

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
OK some regional shoutouts-

LONDON-- There are a whole bunch of cool smashers here but ont all of you travel outside of London!!!!!!! Why not? How do you think Fuzz, Frostbyte, Chisboi, Edwin and Owna got that good? It's cos they travelled to UK tournaments of course. There's now a new coach company called greyhound that can get you to Southampton and back for £2.50 what are ya waiting for guys????? Doesn't even matter if you have to travel on your own, just bring a DS/PSP/GBA and it'll be 100 times worth it- trust me I've travelled alone a LOT in my time and it's no big deal.

East Midlandss- seems like you guys want to make your melee scene as impressive as your brawl scene, well this is your chance. National tournaments will improve your game dramatically. You know how you got to play fuzzyness and tamoo at your regional? This tournament will have LOTS more players of that standard if not higher. Imagine how much your games will improve, loads of good players, loads of different mains and loads of different styles.

NORTH WEST :O - You all know how much I love you guys and how much we've been playing smash together. It'd be really awesome if you guys can make it down my neck of the woods for this awesome tournament. In my opinion, it's time to remind everyone of just how good the NW is at melee and what better way to proove it. You gotta show the all these Londoners how it's done ;).

Scotland- sons! I know it's a long journey and, well it's not as if all the other tournaments have been much easier but this tournament will be well worth it! You all know you're the most jokes region in the UK and pretty good at smash as well. I'm sure a lot of people would look forward to seeing you if you came :)

Prof- You're not allowed to come anymore I HATE YOU :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LONDON-- There are a whole bunch of cool smashers here but ont all of you travel outside of London!!!!!!! Why not? How do you think Fuzz, Frostbyte, Chisboi, Edwin and Owna got that good? It's cos they travelled to UK tournaments of course. There's now a new coach company called greyhound that can get you to Southampton and back for £2.50 what are ya waiting for guys????? Doesn't even matter if you have to travel on your own, just bring a DS/PSP/GBA and it'll be 100 times worth it- trust me I've travelled alone a LOT in my time and it's no big deal.

What the hell are you talking about, Edwin didn't even travel alot and we actually got good by playing ourselves mostly, not travelling lol.
This is because London has the highest level of players so it's easy for us to improve without travelling, get use to it :).

NORTH WEST :O - You all know how much I love you guys and how much we've been playing smash together. It'd be really awesome if you guys can make it down my neck of the woods for this awesome tournament. In my opinion, it's time to remind everyone of just how good the NW is at melee and what better way to proove it. You gotta show the all these Londoners how it's done ;).
Show the Londoners how what's done.....we dominate them every tournament and they don't even get to second placeand would struggle to get third if all the Londoners were to attend lol. Actually they WOULDN'T get to third and when was the last time they have been third at any event?

Prof- You're not allowed to come anymore I HATE YOU :(
Hate you to lol.
The best way to stop people from ****** you though which your obviously scared of.....banning them from coming.
Sorry about causing you the fear :(
**** reply in the post above. ^^^^^^

COEY

Smash Lord
"Actually they WOULDN'T get to third and when was the last time they have been third at any event?"

me and joe got 3rd in teams the last 2 tourneys, thats money right there baby.

ben gonna really try to make this dude, will drag joe along obv if i do make this, possibly my housemate jakc aswell he's been playing quite abit with me lately. i mean he's not good yet but he's getting hugely better every week.

are you running teams and drawn teams now? only ask because i'm a little worried about the time. If you get a decent turnout then singles is gonna take ages, i;d love it if instead you made all bracket matches best out of 5 instead to fill in the time. maybe just make the 1st round of winners and first 2 rounds of losers best out of three. just a suggestion :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
"Actually they WOULDN'T get to third and when was the last time they have been third at any event?"

me and joe got 3rd in teams the last 2 tourneys, thats money right there baby.

ben gonna really try to make this dude, will drag joe along obv if i do make this, possibly my housemate jakc aswell he's been playing quite abit with me lately. i mean he's not good yet but he's getting hugely better every week.

are you running teams and drawn teams now? only ask because i'm a little worried about the time. If you get a decent turnout then singles is gonna take ages, i;d love it if instead you made all bracket matches best out of 5 instead to fill in the time. maybe just make the 1st round of winners and first 2 rounds of losers best out of three. just a suggestion :)
I think I will try and do drawn teams as it's an idea I rly want to try out. WE should have plenty of time though as we've booked the venue until late.

It'd be rly good if you can amke this Will, plus I can pay you back the hospitality you gave me at Bolton. Oh btw- IM GONNA ****ING **** THAT PIECE OF **** LUIGI SO HARD!!!!

ac_anon

Smash Ace
Still interested in coming to this although it turns out I have an essay due for the 7th, so my coming depends on me getting the question for that early enough to get it out of the way as well as the usual money johns and such. Also helps if other scots are going too.

craiigg

Smash Lord
i should be coming to this i think.. ill sort some things out

draft teams is side event right? please tell me it is..

Tamoo

Smash Master
Are any big crew events happening for this, maybe a london vs OoLondon crew battle thing with the 5-10 best ranked for each region at the tournament in the crew.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Are any big crew events happening for this, maybe a london vs OoLondon crew battle thing with the 5-10 best ranked for each region at the tournament in the crew.
That's ACTUAL **** for out of London if our best attend tbh.

Me and Charles seem guaranteed to win doubles at this, thanks for your money guys.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Both of the things I said are going to happen, but the likeliness of all the TOP londoners going aren't very high.
But if we still beat them without our top Londoners then the result with our top londoners will be obvious.

What are the top Londoners which aren't here any and you would prob go on the out of London team right, you ain't top but they need someone on their team so they have to settle for less :).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol What the hell that last sentence didn't make any sense, sorry about that I was rushing it really fast cos I was leaving my hosue.

ANYWAYYY....what it was meant to say was what are the top out of londons anyway who are going to be there and you would prob go on the out of london team, you ain't top but they need someone on their team so they would likely settle for less.

I'm not johning, we would still beat them without our top players and with their top players but I am just saying that they would not get the hardcore **** without our top players.

It's not johning when you are stating you would **** harder with your top players there.

Tamoo

Smash Master
We should probably stop responding to eachother, we dont need to infect another thread :laugh:

Anyway, top OoLondoners, i would hope to see ppl like VA and Amcd, joe, coey, jam etc come down for this to give a good fight. Ofc, would be awesome if the scots find a way down. And yeah, im def OoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom