• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

Soul.

Everything about Gen 4 felt good to me. I cry everytime.
Also, lol Oshawott.

Soul.

Bruh, I miss Brawl Dedede. Smash 4 Dedede is good because of only one factor: disrespect

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Bruh, I miss Brawl Dedede. Smash 4 Dedede is good because of only one factor: disrespect
My homie runs a Dirty Deeds that might beg to disagree.

Course he'd probably agree with the disrespect too. Fifty-fifty really.

I miss Brawl Deeds too though.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Pika and Sonic are both secondaries of mine. I'm neutral.

If there's a Greninja vs. Yoshi conquest I'm gonna be pissed...

EDIT: Wow, way to waste my 500th post ;_;

Here's a gif of small Pokemon eating to make this worthwhile :)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'll score a few for Pika.

It's FG, even I can get some kills there.

Soul.

Conquest is serious busines---oh, no... I just scored points for Sonic.
Don't blame me you guys, I can't use Pika on FG.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Conquest is serious busines---oh, no... I just scored points for Sonic.
Don't blame me you guys, I can't use Pika on FG.
You are a traitor.

All in favor of banishing Soul to the annoying blue hedgehog boards, like this post.

:p

isaiah :)

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
I'd really like for brock to show up on the latest anime as a guest and reck shop with his lvl.100 onyx

isaiah :)

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
So far, I've contributed equal amounts of points to both sides. Does that mean I'm banished from both boards? ;_;
it was nice to know you, you go enjoy your non-pikachu board :)

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Everybody Hates Spyro.
Okay, seriously, Skylanders is boring.
Hey man, have you ever played the originals?

It's only slightly boring and has even WORSE graphics. But Spyro's still cool.

Last edited:

Soul.

No, I haven't. I tried out the first game one time.
I'm not into Spyro in general so... I know the franchise is still cool. Ehhh, people can ask for whatever character they want for Smash and I'd be okay with their inclusion.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Why would Spyro make it to Smash 4 when not even the Skylanders use him anymore?
Do you even play Skylanders? Spyro is very much still relevant in the series. He's not the sole poster boy of Skylanders, but he does have numerous distinctions throughout the series that emphasize his importance. If you want, I can paste a list in this post (I've had to answer this question so many times that I already have stuff prepared for this :p).

Everybody Hates Spyro.
Okay, seriously, Skylanders is boring.
I don't hate Spyro. :p And I personally think that Skylanders is pretty fun in co-op.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh god Skylanders. My lil bro is entrenched in that series, it's nuts. Rather fun games if you crank the difficulty some.

The series as a whole has no playable main characters per se, though whatever new type of Skylander is introduced in each game generally plays a prominent role in the backstory of each game.

Now in terms of series origin, Vivendi gave Toys For Bob the opportunity to revive one of their franchise, and Spyro is what they chose. This much is true. But although Sypro received higher billing in the first game and some supplimentary materials, and a number of nods to the classic Spyro series are evident throughout, frankly the series moved past his relevance as early as the second iteration.

If you want, I can paste a list in this post (I've had to answer this question so many times that I already have stuff prepared for this :p).
I'd be interested to hear this.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hey @ Maaaaaaaaaan Maaaaaaaaaan and @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven !
Before I begin, what Red said about Skylanders is true. There is no "main character" per se since you have the freedom to choose who you play (though the game's gimmick gets extra attention in the commercials and such). A member of Toys for Bob even said that they wanted Skylanders to be equally represented in the series. HOWEVER, Spyro the Dragon is still the most prominent character. If Nintendo wanted to represent the Skylanders in their game (which actually doesn't sound too far-fetched, but that's for another conversation some other time), Spyro would be the best choice.
He is still the most notable character. These distinctions continue past the first game (though there were some especially notable facts from that game). Here is a list:

1: He is the leader of the modern Skylanders.
2: He has the most playable NFC figurines out of all the Skylanders (Series 1, Dark, Legendary, Series 2, Series 3, Series 3 Dark, Mini, Elite).
3: In the games, there are collectible hats which you can equip to your Skylanders. One of them (the Trucker Hat) has Spyro on it.
4: One of the Skylanders, Trigger Happy, uses gold coins as bullets and his Series 1 artwork had Spyro's face on the coins.
5: There is a form of currency (an inner tube) you can pick up that resembles Spyro.
6: In the 3DS version of Swap Force, there is a statue of Master Eon with Spyro next to him.
7: In that same game, there is a cutout of him in the Museum.
8: Spyro is the most recurring Skylander in the novels.
9: He is the only character to have been specifically mentioned in the title of a Skylanders game. His name appears in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and Skylanders: Spyro's Universe.
Red: A distinction that is recurring and not limited to a single game.
Purple: A distinction from the first game Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
Orange: A distinction from the second game Skylanders: Giants.
Green: A distinction from the third game Skylanders: Swap Force
White: Other category
You'll probably notice that I haven't cited anything from the newest game. That's because 1) I haven't really analyzed it yet and 2) The most important point from Trap Team that I'll be making comes a little later in the post.
Also, I haven't played the mobile Skylanders games much except for Skylanders: Lost Islands, so I don't have much information from them. From Lost Islands I could mention that Spyro is the starter character and that the menu for viewing your Skylanders has Spyro on the Portal of Power as its icon, but they're not unique distinctions of his. A few other Skylanders have these characteristics in other games.

This isn't another point because I haven't been able to verify it yet, but according to the Skylanders Wiki, "Out of all the Skylanders, Spyro is the most recognizable." No citation was added to that claim, so I have no idea why that was written. It could've been some crazed fanboy proclaiming his love for Spyro or something, but I don't know. I'll try and find out why that was added to the Trivia section later.

Anyways, a point I especially want to emphasize is the fact that Spyro received an Elite version. Introduced in Skylanders: Trap Team, Eon's Elite Skylanders are very special. There's one representing each element and the most iconic of each element is chosen. And, of course, Spyro is one of them. All of these Skylanders are special, but none are as unique as Spyro. The closest one is Trigger Happy, but even he's not on par with Spyro. The above list shows many notable and exclusive characteristics of Spyro that any other Skylander has yet to match.

Spyro is still a relevant character in Skylanders. He's not the sole important character in the game-and nor will he ever be--but his prominence is very noticeable, regardless.

Soul.

Hay.
So how about that rumored "new Pokémon game" that's supposed to be announced sometime this month according to a YouTube video.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well, there's a fair amount of evidence for it being Pokemon Z. The timing lines up especially well; third versions, on average, are approximately two years behind the main versions, and that's what we have here.

But other than one interview translated from Japanese to German to English, we ain't got jack and probably won't until E3 at the earliest.

Soul.

To be honest, I thought there was going to be an X2/Y2, but that's so Gen 5. They haven't made a third version for like, ever since Gen 5 became the norm.
I guess Z isn't that much of a problem; Gen 6 is most likely going to end soon, so...

Last edited:

Soul.

Speculation seems to point towards it being a main series game. If it's a spin-off game, then... lol?

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Conquest results came in.
Pikachu was 49%, Sonic won at 51%.
Oh well.

Anyway, I personally hope there'll be a Pokemon Z, for some reason. It's probably because X2 and Y2 sound really lame.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Pokémon Z? Pokémon Conquest was a good game, and Pokken Tournament looks fun too, but I don't know if this crossover would fair as well. :troll:

Last edited:

Soul.

Pokkén is looking pretty hype. Don't know if it will have a huge character roster; I guess that's because of it being an arcade game. Maybe...
"Port it to Wii U!," they said.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Dunno what y'all are worried about. Seems like a decent idea.

Other than the kamehameha et. al taking up half the screen every time someone pushes a button.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Dunno what y'all are worried about. Seems like a decent idea.

Other than the kamehameha et. al taking up half the screen every time someone pushes a button.
It's completely fine, it's just that we were talking about Dragon Ball Z almost right before it was announced :upsidedown:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm so glad that ESAM's returning. I feel even more motivated to start playing Pikachu again now!

Top Bottom