• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PGD4: I changed the title.

LaserResal

Smash Cadet
NNID
LaserResal
3DS FC
2363-5657-8377
So at one of my weeklies last night I got the perfect motivation to grind super hard and get on my local PR. For the third weekly in a row I've had to send a kid under 13 into losers round 1. He also said it was his first tourney. I feel like such a villain. I need that first round bye so I don't get depressed lol.
Savage dude. In all seriousness though, at least you were nice to the kid I hope XD

SSS

Smash Ace
So at one of my weeklies last night I got the perfect motivation to grind super hard and get on my local PR. For the third weekly in a row I've had to send a kid under 13 into losers round 1. He also said it was his first tourney. I feel like such a villain. I need that first round bye so I don't get depressed lol.
What are you gonna do, throw the set to him? Destroy his hopes, teach him he has to work harder if he wants to succeed in life.

Welcome to the real world, you little ****.

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
Lol I try to be nice. I gave the kid this week a bunch of yoshi tips after our set and played some friendlies with him later.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What are you gonna do, throw the set to him? Destroy his hopes, teach him he has to work harder if he wants to succeed in life.

Welcome to the real world, you little ****.
Sounds like the first time I went to a tourney.

Other than being much older at the time.

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
I just want to take a moment to say, as we approach the darkness of potential pika nerfs in 1.10, that it has been an honor Pika-Pi-ing with you all. Whatever may come in this ever turning meta, may the thunder be with you. Good luck and godspeed.

Soul.

Preach dude.

Preach.

I pray that this patch gets no changes at all.

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree that there shouldn't be nerfs, but nothing is ever sure on Sakurai's wild ride. Something like a system wide physics change to DI could indirectly wreck pika's combo game. We're also probably a little insulated by the fact that the Japanese competitive community thinks pika is mid-tier, but I flinch a bit every time Zero calls for QA to be nerfed.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Pikachu's about as likely to get a buff as he is a nerf. Let's just keep thinking this and everything will be alright. :grin:

Last edited:

Soul.

Nobody needs changes. The game is fine as is; maybe buff the lower tiers slightly I guess? Nothing that would make them absolutely bonkers or something.

Also, lol at QA nerfs. I mean, ZeRo says things here and there. Like, last time he said he wants Sheik nerfed, now on his most recent AMA on reddit he said that "people can play better vs. her." QA isn't a mindless move like Needle Storm is but you see what I'm saying. Pika does not need nerfs.

Skull Bash losing the smash charge feature would make HSB more tolerable, but then again we saw ESAM missing certain KOs with the move at EVO. If this doesn't mean anything, then I don't know what does.

We never expect the beauty on the wild ride; we only expect characters.

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
Nooo it's not just Zero, Larry Lurr just posted to twitter that he hopes Pika gets nerfed :(.

D

Deleted member

Just nerf Sheik and buff the low tiers.

I don't think Pikachu should get nerfed. I don't see anything wrong with him.

Soul.

Or maybe keep Sheik as is, even if her design is cancerous as all hell. Realistically, tone down Needle knockback a bit and she's justified. FAir I'm not so sure. Lower tiers getting buffed is the right path.
But yeah in all seriousness, there is nothing wrong with Pikachu. Smash Charge? I thought most didn't care about customs after EVO ended, but I digress.

Also I might make a 1.1.0 thread soon, provided it's confirmed that there will be balance (aka replays can't be watched).

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
B A L A N C E P A T C H B O I Z.
Surprisingly little in this patch tbh aside from robin dthrow and Luigi fair kb reduction. Thankfully we didn't get touched outside of customs. Now if only that wolf dlc...

D

Deleted member

I went to a tournament yesterday and Pikachu was quite handy in beating a Mega Man, but he unfortunately lost to a Sheik twice (he did pretty well, however).

Soul.

Don't worry fam, we'll get :wolf: eventually. It probably has to do with Star Fox Zero's release. Le speculation.
That BAir was ****ing glorious. If he ever comes back I hope he's mostly unchanged from Brawl.

Thunder Wave got patched out but I don't think anyone cares about customs that much, especially after EVO. I'm just indifferent. At least there won't be
no more.

I went to a tournament yesterday and Pikachu was quite handy in beating a Mega Man, but he unfortunately lost to a Sheik twice (he did pretty well, however).
Which place did you get? It shouldn't be that bad tbh.

D

Deleted member

Which place did you get? It shouldn't be that bad tbh.
I dunno to be honest...
Though, as soon as I was done with Losers 2, I went to Losers 3 immediately. I guess that means something.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Yea soul that's what I was thinking
Too, new starfox may be when we get wolf. Also freal, customs can go home.

Btw this is radiance/latiaslulu. Changed name cuz been using this stupid tag in my region for like 5 months lol

Soul.

I still remember you man, don't fret.
That tag is silly hahaha.
I dunno to be honest...
Though, as soon as I was done with Losers 2, I went to Losers 3 immediately. I guess that means something.
That's not bad actually. You'll get better.

Soul.

So, guys, lately I've been thinking if we were to make a new matchup directory thread, which would obviously replace the one we have now. Separate MU threads will still be a thing, but I feel the matchup directory thread would serve as a "can I talk about this character if there's no separate MU thread/I don't feel like posting there?" thing. I've seen people complain about our current MU thread so... eh.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
So, guys, lately I've been thinking if we were to make a new matchup directory thread, which would obviously replace the one we have now. Separate MU threads will still be a thing, but I feel the matchup directory thread would serve as a "can I talk about this character if there's no separate MU thread/I don't feel like posting there?" thing. I've seen people complain about our current MU thread so... eh.
We need to provide links to each MU discussion. The primary complaint is that it's difficult to find a particular MU discussion.

Soul.

We need to provide links to each MU discussion. The primary complaint is that it's difficult to find a particular MU discussion.
That's what I thought too. Perhaps add the character's stock icon with the URL that leads to the separate MU discussion.
But we do need to do that.

PF9

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about the idea of DLC custom moves for each character, as in, not variations of the basic specials. Which of Pikachu's moves from its G6 learnset do you think could make good customs if Nintendo were to go that route? Thunderpunch and Charge Beam seems to be good possibilities.

And a good custom Final Smash would be this:

Thunderstorm:

Description: Pikachu uses Rain Dance and calls out Zapdos to bring down bolts of lighting onto the playing field. Would be similar to other FSes that involve a non-playable character (like Pair Up).

Surf could also work as a Final Smash (which it would be called Surfing Pikachu).

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
Not to play favorites, but is anyone else super impressed by @ Soul. Soul. 's new avatar. Tophat Quagsire OP. Everyone else needs to step up their game in response.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
You need to grab life.
You need to reflect on your life and hold shield.
Then grab out of shield.
Proceed to chain grab the worth out of yourself.
Follow up with any aerial because every move represents your life spiraling out of control.
Once of stage, cover all options with a thunder because reality is every down to earth.
Utilize a quick attack when self preservation is a priority above goals.
Not only once, but twice when the ledge of hope and will is just out of reach.
And you plummet to the void that is self loathing.

Stay electric, my friends.
:phone:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Have any of you Pikachu users or members done a thread called Pikachu player finder? I don't know if this is out of subject(or not) on this thread and I know there's a video thread so please forgive me if I'm out of topic; But I been thinking since other members that done player finder threads from other forums like Dr Mario, Rosalina, and Luigi, I think that this forum on Pikachu should have player finder as well. If its not made, then you don't have to make one, but this is just a idea for the Pikachu users and members.

Soul.

The player finder (or users) thread is currently merged with the video thread. I'd be nice to separate them both as our current thread has only been about videos.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
The player finder (or users) thread is currently merged with the video thread. I'd be nice to separate them both as our current thread has only been about videos.
Ok, I went through the thread and even though its more on videos, it makes sense to me now. Thanks.

Top Bottom