• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
If you're gonna make a female pikachu, fix the tail too
It's Chuchu; Yellow's Pikachu from the manga. She's not supposed to have a notch in her tail, but I guess I can make 2 versions.

Kiiro Caballero

Smash Cadet
I love the pokemon manga series the story is a little far fetched though some times.

The pokemon manga is awesome i think it's what the anime should have been like.

stealthraptor: oh yah definatelyi need more experience with my pika

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kiiro, try not to double post. If you have something to add, use the Edit feature (the edit button is at the bottom right corner of all your posts).

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

I was away. So I just saw this. I'm sorry. I can no longer take anything you say seriously. Anyone who thinks Yugioh is better than mtg is.. I suppose entitled to their own wrong opinion. But seriously. No. Just no. MTG is the greatest game of all time. Bar none. And anyone who actually buys precons that don't contain Umezawa's Jitte (if you know what that card is..) can't even really discuss the game because playing with those decks, at the level that you probably play isn't even scratching the surface of the game.

I've been on hiatus from it for a while now, but before I was I routinely placed top 4 out of ~30 at the shop near my campus. And prior to that finished basically the same though in a different format back home. (Legacy at school, T2 & unlimited at home)

Point is, I have a more firm grasp on the game than most, and can say that although it takes a lot of time/experience, a LOT of money (reason I picked up legacy over T2, cause I already had the older cards I needed for good decks), and more intelligence than just about any game ever created. If you are able/willing to put that into the game then you will be able to have more fun with and care more about it than any other game you've ever played.

/rant
You're acting like I haven't played for ****ing YEARS. I learned from people who have been playing since alpha. I know my ****. Up till... Kamigawa actually. I tried getting into it again. I picked up a "gasp" precon" deck and like 20 bucks in boosters during shards and performed reasonably well against people who sunk tons of cash into the ****ing game and who made people in the tier thread look like jocks. I'm not bad at it. At all. Doesn't mean I have to bow down to the holy grail of Richard Garfield.

Although I am looking to trying again as my friend who plays more seriously than most just moved back. Too bad I can't still run my Raffinity deck. :C

Also DnD is the best RPG but I think a lot of White Wolfs ****(specifically Vampire, Werewolf and Mage) come in REALLY close.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
the Pokemon Manga is so good (compared to the anime). Least the first two series, i kinda stopped caring when they switched too Gold/Silver >.>

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
@whoever said mtg is better than ygo....
MTG has never been as big as YGO was/is/probably will always be.

And Katakiri is making me wish I had a hacked wii.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
@whoever said mtg is better than ygo....
MTG has never been as big as YGO was/is/probably will always be.

And Katakiri is making me wish I had a hacked wii.
That's not entirely true. Magic is ****ing BIG. And when I say YGO is better that's kinda trolling. Honestly I think they're ABOUT equal. I just think YGO is more fun. Even the atmosphere the game projects. People are too solemn playing MtG. I've played the same people in both. It just lacks a certain...energy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's because it's boring, Terios.

Compared to Yugioh, at least.

Either way, Pokemon TCG is better than both, because it's ****ING POKEMON!

@Kata: The manga occurs sometime before the gender characteristics in 4th gen, don't they?
If so, I'd think it'd be safe to assume that Chuchu has a heart-tail too.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Did anyone get SMG 2 today?

I'm "buying" it now. ^_^

I was away. So I just saw this. I'm sorry. I can no longer take anything you say seriously. Anyone who thinks Yugioh is better than mtg is.. I suppose entitled to their own wrong opinion. But seriously. No. Just no. MTG is the greatest game of all time. Bar none. And anyone who actually buys precons that don't contain Umezawa's Jitte (if you know what that card is..) can't even really discuss the game because playing with those decks, at the level that you probably play isn't even scratching the surface of the game.

I've been on hiatus from it for a while now, but before I was I routinely placed top 4 out of ~30 at the shop near my campus. And prior to that finished basically the same though in a different format back home. (Legacy at school, T2 & unlimited at home)

Point is, I have a more firm grasp on the game than most, and can say that although it takes a lot of time/experience, a LOT of money (reason I picked up legacy over T2, cause I already had the older cards I needed for good decks), and more intelligence than just about any game ever created. If you are able/willing to put that into the game then you will be able to have more fun with and care more about it than any other game you've ever played.

/rant
^This.

I don't really like T2 though... XD

Mirrodin was too good, but guess what the next block is called?

SCARS OF MOTHER****ING MIRRODIN. :3

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/409

I'm buying a fat pack the day it comes out.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
so dont take this as me giving up on pika lol, but im gonna main snake as well. I do ok with pika but idk ive been finding more that his playstyle and mine dont really fit that well and that i seem to have alota fun playing snake and reading techs so im gonna use him as my main too as of now. i havent abondend pika tho haha, im just gonna have snake as a backup, and tbh id like to win a tourney matche every once in a while haha

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Pokemon manga actually has a story and action and character development and not a bunch of fillers and etc.

It's what Pokemon should've always been.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
so dont take this as me giving up on pika lol, but im gonna main snake as well. I do ok with pika but idk ive been finding more that his playstyle and mine dont really fit that well and that i seem to have alota fun playing snake and reading techs so im gonna use him as my main too as of now. i havent abondend pika tho haha, im just gonna have snake as a backup, and tbh id like to win a tourney matche every once in a while haha
And another one bites the dust.

Good luck maining Snake!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very much indeed. Pokemon manga ain't for kiddies.

One of us. One of us.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
And another one bites the dust.

Good luck maining Snake!
lol dont make it sound like im NOT using pika tho lol. its more like what mieu does, he mains yoshi and pika but has been going pika more. im not saying like awww screw pika hes to hard baw, im just saying im gonna us snake as a main alongside pika to handle matchups id really rather not play like luigi lol. im DEF NOT going to EVER stop maining pika, thats my vow, and i love him too much to give up on him cuz i lose. id rather be recognized as a cruddy pika than a good snake any day.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
It's called a secondary. Like Peach in my case.
Btw did you go to Bigfoot's tournament?

Lemon Chiffon has never been easier.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
It's called a secondary. Like Peach in my case.
Btw did you go to Bigfoot's tournament?

yeah i did haha. my first game was against TearBear and mys econd was agaisnt some sonic main and i lost lol, i wasnt camping hard enough.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
That's not entirely true. Magic is ****ing BIG. And when I say YGO is better that's kinda trolling. Honestly I think they're ABOUT equal. I just think YGO is more fun. Even the atmosphere the game projects. People are too solemn playing MtG. I've played the same people in both. It just lacks a certain...energy.
it's not just the players being solemn while playing. the whole game is. the cards' illustrations, the fact that your deck is called grimoire, spells, sorceries, making you think you're a powerful mage by drawing power from the lands you own, discovering that beyond almost every card there's a tiny little bit of the expansion's ambientation (flavor texts, I loved them.)... I honestly think the fact you have to manage mana, artifacts, creatures and enchantments makes MtG a bit deeper than yugioh. as I said though, I don't have any idea how the rules changed, so I may be wrong now. at the times I played (started with assault) it was way more fun, while yugioh barely had effect monsters.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
it's not just the players being solemn while playing. the whole game is. the cards' illustrations, the fact that your deck is called grimoire, spells, sorceries, making you think you're a powerful mage by drawing power from the lands you own, discovering that beyond almost every card there's a tiny little bit of the expansion's ambientation (flavor texts, I loved them.)... I honestly think the fact you have to manage mana, artifacts, creatures and enchantments makes MtG a bit deeper than yugioh. as I said though, I don't have any idea how the rules changed, so I may be wrong now. at the times I played (started with assault) it was way more fun, while yugioh barely had effect monsters.
Pro players are the only players who are REALLY solemn while playing. When I play with my friends, we have a blast.

And flavor text is one of my favorite parts of the game. Yugioh has WAY too many cards that are just random and don't fit with the rest of the cards in the set. :/

Oh, and the rarity system in Yugioh sucks too.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
@FZies: lol Phoenix sucks, I **** him with Peach. Locals either kinda know the Pika MU or really know it. Sucks I went to something else I would have liked some IRL Pika dittos with someone from the boards.

@Prime: Esam and Anther probably do. Apparently Z plays more Fox now.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I've never quite understood strategies in Yugioh :/ If the card effect looks good, I like it.

Is there any point in having a ritual monster over a normal monster?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I've never quite understood strategies in Yugioh :/ If the card effect looks good, I like it.

Is there any point in having a ritual monster over a normal monster?
Ritual monsters are generally terrible and you should feel terrible if you use them.

Basic strategy in Yugioh is to swarm your opponent with so many monsters that he can't block them all and make sure that he doesn't have a nasty/overpowered trap waiting for you.

It's mostly luck, actually.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Pro players are the only players who are REALLY solemn while playing. When I play with my friends, we have a blast.

And flavor text is one of my favorite parts of the game. Yugioh has WAY too many cards that are just random and don't fit with the rest of the cards in the set. :/

Oh, and the rarity system in Yugioh sucks too.
I DO wish there were uncommons and ****. :C

Everyone I know is solemn while playing Magic. We weren't when we started I remember. Kinda descended into it. But everyone got there eventually.

Ritual monsters tend to suck but they're getting slightly better. Like Ritual Raven covers the whole cost. They Djinn's can be used from the graveyard and if you use them your monster gets bonus effects like making your opponent discard or you get to draw.

The ability to use monsters for rituals twice and give them awesome effects is nice.

Basic strategy in Yugioh is to swarm your opponent with so many monsters that he can't block them all and make sure that he doesn't have a nasty/overpowered trap waiting for you.

It's mostly luck, actually.
That's what my friends thought till I taught them to manipulate draw rates. XD

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Why do people like Yugiho so much? It's so boooring! Pokemon was so much better. I still have all my cards. =)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Pokemon's 3rd best. Actually....

1st/2nd Magic/Yugioh. Whichever.

3rd/4th Pokemon/Warcraft

Edit: Actually 5th is Duel Masters. Then everything else.

I like Pokemon but it's too much like Magic lite with less options. Fun though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Were's silly.

All card games are, by default, luck-based.
You just decrease your chances of losing by having better cards.

Top Bottom