• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
that grass type better evolve to be something cool, cuz if it evolves into this ima be pissed

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think I'm the only one excited for the starters...

Especially the grass one...

...probably because the grass one has been crap ever since Bulbasaur.

But who knows? Turtwig was just as ********, then evolved into a BAMF.
Perhaps these will be the same.
However, I WILL laugh at the Fire and Water lovers out there. For once, the Grass type finally looks indisputably the coolest.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Yeah...probably going to go with the grass.
But I'm not too hype for it.
I may have to break my tradition this time...
The one where the starter I choose stays with me the entire adventure.
May not work this time...

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Hasty?

Espy, you're too slow.
I don't really know if they are going to make this good. I really, REALLY hope they do. But I'm not getting my hopes up, because chances are I will have to buy another DS for it, too.

3DS hype if I will afford it!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah...probably going to go with the grass.
But I'm not too hype for it.
I may have to break my tradition this time...
The one where the starter I choose stays with me the entire adventure.
May not work this time...
The grass one did look pretty cool. If I manage to grab this game I'll probably use it.

I think I'm one of my only friends that just isn't into Pokemon as much anymore. It feels so repetitive to me...plus I just loved the 1st and 2nd gen. There's only a few newer ones that interest me.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You guys are crazy--all 3 Pokemon look cool. Grass one is definitely the coolest out of the three, though.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
*looks at new pokemon*
FYEAH IT IS A PIGGIE AWWWWWWWWWWWW
Fire type starter is always best.
also wtf is up with the female trainer, looks like a stereotyped valley girl?
also I'm actually happy about the little otter. dawww I'm the only one who likes it!
also: Hi Yink (hug)!

oh yeah, I like the male trainer: shotaish, cap, blue jacket? Ffffffff

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
*sad face*
Well I'm totally getting fire pig. I love pigs *oink*
Though I dislike that it's tail is somewhat similar to the other pig pokemon looks.

I cant wait to see the other new 'mon

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man, all this fire pig nonsense, when a loveable psi pig already exists.

Discrimination, I tell you!

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I like all three of them. O.O

I can't wait to see the new pokemon and I have a feeling that the new storyline will be completely different(outside of getting badges and elite 4 of course)

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I love the psi pig too. Esp Grumpig! Too awesome
Fakers only be likin the new stuff. (smirk)

also: inb4 time for kaylo to lurk from poke talk!

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Those are the worst starters ever. x.x

I'm probably gonna go with the ugly clown otter thing. I hope it evolves into something bad***.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
1. These starters are butt *** ugly. Original 151 ftw..... they actually put thought into them. These aren't just designed badly, they're also drawn badly -- double failure.

2. I think I'm the only person who actually likes the female trainer's look, lol. Don't like the danglies by the sides of her face, but she's rockin the ridiculously high ponytail. I ****s with it.

3. I'm only going to play this game since I can hack it. There, I said it.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this series, but 5th gen is looking mighty ******** to me. It's painfully obvious that they're churning out badly designed crap just to ride the games' popularity as long as possible and make easy money. Boo to that.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
its been that way since..... yellow came out? lmao and yeah i do dig the girl this time, i may actually go her. they are supposed to be "older" then previous protagonists so *shrug

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1. These starters are butt *** ugly. Original 151 ftw..... they actually put thought into them.
I agree. Grimer, Voltorb, Ratatta, and Magnemite are possibly the most creative Pokemon I've ever seen in my life.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Every gen had bad pokemon, and the later gens had some good ones.

But overall, imo, the quality's taken a nosedive since the first game. GSC wasn't bad, but RSE was when it was kinda like "okay..... more pokemon? Meh, guess this is all right...." then DPPt was the definite cutoff point for me.

The number of butt *** ugly, ridiculous, we're-obviously-fishing-hard-for-ideas-now pokemon goes up and up every generation. They're forcing it.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
. Original 151 ftw..... they actually put thought into them. These aren't just designed badly, they're also drawn badly -- double failure.
Not that I dont understand that its opinion but something in me sorta rages when everyone goes on about how original the first gen is.
Have any of ya'll not read/watched any sort of generic fantasy??

charmander is a dragon (btw I <3 charmander)
squirtle is a water turtle.....:/
bulbasaur is your hybrid plant/quadruped

I'm not hating on original gen but if you think they are creative or different I need some reasons.
We also have your typical cats, birds, walking trees, magical foxes, other dragons blahblahblah

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
As long as there's nuggets of gold within every generation (Zorua so far), I'm down for more Pokemon.

And third gen had plenty of really creative Pokemon.
Hell, I'd go as far as to say that personally, 3rd Gen has the most creative set of Pokemon I've seen in any of the games. 1st Gen doesn't even compare.

Edit: What Wisbiscuit sez. All of it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
As long as there's nuggets of gold within every generation (Zorua so far), I'm down for more Pokemon.

And third gen had plenty of really creative Pokemon.
Hell, I'd go as far as to say that personally, 3rd Gen has the most creative set of Pokemon I've seen in any of the games. 1st Gen doesn't even compare.

Edit: What Wisbiscuit sez. All of it.
3rd gen really was my favorite pokemon-wise. 2nd had the best region, though.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Like I said: imo, the fifth gen pokemon are designed badly and drawn badly. They're ugly to me and uninspired looking, point blank. Zorua/Zoroark gave me some hope since they have pretty good designs, but these starters are crap.

Note that I said the designs are bad, not the concepts behind them. I don't care if they want to make a fire pig, but at least make a decent one, not something that looks. Well. Like ****.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Tauros was also incredibly creative.

=====

GSCHGSS also technically had the largest amount of navigational space of all of the main games.
RBYFRLG is too small, GSCHGSS is too small when you count only Johto, while Kanto for the most part remains unchanged, RSE have too much ****ing water (and that atrocious add on of the Dive HM), and DPPl were...

...huh...

I can't find anything "wrong" with DPPl's right away. It was the most enjoyable to me.
Except that **** snow path, but it had some fun music to listen to if you had enough repels to let the song play.

Let's see how fun this region will be to navigate.

I only wish for no more god**** Zubat and Geodude caves. Lord knows we've suffered so much of it already.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When it comes to the trainers I like the girl better. The guy's hair makes me think he's trying to be a sunflora, also Black hair > brown hair imo so yea...

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
So I've been locked out of my house for the last hour and forty-five minutes. On the bright side I finished all my homework since I had no distractions on the comfort of my cushionless porch furniture. Not to mention the cold and wind. Goooood times. I forgot to take the lock off the front door this morning so now I'm stuck here till my Mom gets home. fml . Atleast I have my phone and my iPod to keep me amused. Internet via my iPod touch is amazing.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
2nd gen was by far the best gen, and the first 2 gens > last 2. it wasnt so much of the originality to me as much as most of the first 2 gens had pokemon that i could see as real animals, and had realistic looks to them. then the anime came along and ****ed up how they were supposed to look, and some of them got a massive drop in quality. im looking for the more realistic look, not the cartoony crap that is mostly made now. zora is fine with me, but the starters are sorta meh, cept for the grass one

Top Bottom