• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

altairian

Smash Lord
...so, which games are you guys playing lately, brawl aside? :)
at the moment I just beat summon night: twin age (DS), and I'm currently playing chaos legion (PC); both are quite "old". I'm a little disappointed with summon night, as the main plot was quite short and the difficulty level is ridiculously low. I dare say the GBA ones were harder, although the gameplay differs. chaos legion on the other hand seems merciless. on normal difficulty certain monsters hit you for almost half of your life bar, and you can get "comboed" as well before meeting the ground again <_<.
...oh, and S4 league.
I'm playing Evony, sadly =\
Also working on Phantom Hourglass slowly, so far I'm pretty impressed with it.

So I went to a smashfest last night, and we had a $1 tourney for funsies, and somehow I lost to a pretty crappy falco player that I've stomped in every friendly we've ever played. I managed to die to cg->spike TWICE. I'm really upset with myself, and now I'm really worried about the tourney I'm going to on saturday, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off if I get last place again.

bigman40

Smash Master
...so, which games are you guys playing lately, brawl aside? :)
at the moment I just beat summon night: twin age (DS), and I'm currently playing chaos legion (PC); both are quite "old". I'm a little disappointed with summon night, as the main plot was quite short and the difficulty level is ridiculously low. I dare say the GBA ones were harder, although the gameplay differs. chaos legion on the other hand seems merciless. on normal difficulty certain monsters hit you for almost half of your life bar, and you can get "comboed" as well before meeting the ground again <_<.
...oh, and S4 league.
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Gradius V
Disgaea 2
Tales of the Abyss (putting it on hold since I lost my save when I restarted my comp)

Lol @ pics.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There's a lot of people who name search. Like Teran. Or Hylian. Or Alt4. -waits-
You're right!

Hi Werekill! I actually do it because it's the most convenient way to check reported posts.

altairian

Smash Lord
Yo Alt, me and some guys were thinking of coming up to that WNY tourney! o= Do you know if anyone is offering housing? Maybe a fellow pikachu? ;3
Housing is unfortunately a significant problem =(
The tourney is about 2.5 hours from where I live, and the place I'm going to be staying friday night is full as far as I know. There's one guy that I think has room for 2 people, but beyond that I'm not sure there's anyone able to offer housing =\

I'll ask around and see if there's any other possibilities for ya.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
...so, which games are you guys playing lately, brawl aside? :).
MELEE!
My friend let me borrow (have?) his copy of Melee since he doesn't really play with anyone else besides me and my bro so yeah I have Melee on loan. Or maybe forever? I'm gaining some of my tech skill back but I'm still really bad compared to halfway decent players and relatively low to my highest level reached when I played regularly. I got my bro's Falco with a two knee sacred combo today and we **** ourselves. I want to practice technical stuff but I'd rather do other stuff.
If you PS Kyosh and my presence in spirit into the pic with Kenny and Klo that's the Pound4 Pikachu pic.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Right now, non-Smash-wise, I'm playing:

GTA: Chinatown Wars (never finished it the first time)
Hotel Dusk - Room 215
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (DS)
Disgaea DS

Kinda moving slow on all of them, though..... with classes going on, I don't have as much free time as I used to. =\

Anyway I've been playing SMT: Digital Devil Saga.
Which system is that for? I liked Devil Survivor, and I wanna try the Persona series (heard they're much better), but I've never heard of this one......

When did I become such a nerd? ;; glasses gotta go o=
I dunno, I kinda like you in glasses.

Btw, my crew thought you were Chinese, lol.

was that you on the right?
No, I'm on the far left. =O

Evony??? That game with the pervy ads??

You creeper.

rofl@your growing avatar.
It's scaring me a little. :urg:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Awww. Mamachu doesn't like the creepy Kirby.
<3

As for the games I'm playing...

None really, ;-;

I've been gameless for about half a year already (as in, I haven't received a new game in six months). It's driving me insane.
I did, however, beat Mother 3 about two weeks ago.

School really takes a lot of time out of my day...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
*eye roll* Nobody hates you, hush.

Hey now. There's actually no pervyness to the actual game. I'm just an MMO addict and when I got bored one night and decided to try it, I couldn't stop =\
You fail me, alt. :( They got you with the ads, I know they did!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
They called me Chinese when I don't look Chinese at all!

Surely they must hate me!

Oh well, maybe they don't hate me =p They just give me that "you're not wanted" vibe.

Anywho. No drinking went down. I am disappoint. >:l

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna lie, the ads definitely made me curious. Then I was like "oh that looks kinda dumb" and left the site. Then a few months later I was so bored and I couldn't think of anything to do, and i made an account =\

On a side note, thank you for making me feel like less of a weirdo for actually knowing what Evony is when I mentioned it...I told a couple of my rl friends I was playing it and I was like "you've probably seen the ads for it" and they just looked at me like I had 2 heads. I'm such a nerd -_-

King~

Smash Champion
ive decided against playing smash currently although i wish i could play melee.

ive been playing KH days all week while sick in bed, its ok i just feel very limited. and occasionally if i could reach my pc controller, id play some valkyrie profile and megaman games.

i wanna play mass effect 2 when it comes out but my cousin still has my 360 on loan.

i also know what evony is since its on all the sites i watch my anime

Ephyon

Smash Champion
anagrams into &quot;no hype&quot;, &quot;he pony&q

I'm playing FF7, finally. I've already seen Advent Children and played Crisis Core rofl.

I dropped s4 league when they dropped permanent weapons. >_>
well actually the timed weapons are not as bad as you think. if you buy a 30 h weapon it will take a long time before you'll need to buy it again, and there's no repair costs.
that barely affects me though, since I have every perm weapon except for cannonade, smash rifle and burst shotgun~

Also working on Phantom Hourglass slowly, so far I'm pretty impressed with it.
I honestly never heard of Evony. Is it good?
for some reason I don't like handheld zelda games much. I tried playing the multiplayer mode once, lost badly versus a japanese dude, and turned off the ds. :x

Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Gradius V
Disgaea 2
Tales of the Abyss (putting it on hold since I lost my save when I restarted my comp)

Lol @ pics.
I have to upgrade my pc or buy a second-hand PS2. so many good games I want to play on it.

GTA: Chinatown Wars (never finished it the first time)
Hotel Dusk - Room 215
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (DS)
Disgaea DS

Kinda moving slow on all of them, though..... with classes going on, I don't have as much free time as I used to. =\
I really enjoyed hotel dusk. been a while since I played and old-style adventure game, plus I felt like I was reading a book as well lol. Then I wanted to play another code: two memories, but I'm still on the first chapter after 1 month lol. guess it's not as "charming" to me.
and since I read disgaea twice in these pages, I guess I'll give it a try as well. :p

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I refuse to make a joke out of that last line.

Also guys, tourney this weekend, then another two weeks later 8D
So much hype, especially this weekend.

bigman40

Smash Master
Disgaea DS
<3333333333

I have to upgrade my pc or buy a second-hand PS2. so many good games I want to play on it.
Yeah, I had begged my parents for some money so that I could build the computer (in my profession). If it wasn't for it being in my profession, they most likely would've said no lol.

and since I read disgaea twice in these pages, I guess I'll give it a try as well. :p

Disgaea is the ****. It's a good stress reliever when you need to just beat the **** out of someone. I also got my roommates hooked on it :chuckle:. One beat disgaea 3 and is trying to max out the stats for each character (lol super long time for him), and the other is finishing up the same game I'm playing.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I'm playing mostly Rock Band 2 right now, mixed in with some GH5. I wanna get back into Little Big Planet, but having 100% in the game kinda takes away from the excitement.

I'm waiting for Gran Turismo 5. I was doing fine until I read this magazine at work. I saw pictures of the game and immediately excused myself to the restroom.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
KayLo! said:

Which system is that for? I liked Devil Survivor, and I wanna try the Persona series (heard they're much better), but I've never heard of this one......
The ps2 :) I looovvveeeee MEGATEN! It's also one of the few that's somewhat easy to find and not too hard on your wallet. stupid Atlus games...

Ephyon_SylphShroud said:
Yeah Disgaea is awesome <3 I have the ps2 original. You should get the psp one if you have it or the ds one. Then you dont have to level grind inside like I do.

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm playing mostly Rock Band 2 right now, mixed in with some GH5.
GH5 has by far the worst set list of any RB/GH game made to date. I was really disappointed when I finished unlocking the songs, and the last song you unlock is some jazz jam session bull****. It's not even fun or interesting to listen to, just lots of notes spamming your screen -_-
I wish I had my 360 hooked up to the internet, RB is super fun to play online =(

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
21st Century Schizoid Man, yeah, that song was rather blah. The end ****ery was perhaps the worst I've ever heard.

But, GH5's setlist wasn't that bad in my opinion. Sweating Bullets, Scatterbrain, The Spirit of Radio, Make It Wit'chu, L.A., and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head. yes, it could've been way better, but I wouldn't say the worse.........no, I would. Still, though, I enjoy some of the songs.

altairian

Smash Lord
There's like 10-15 songs that are good and also interesting to play in GH5. Out of over 80 songs. That's pretty awful =\

I should really get my RB drums back and start practicing again...I'm pretty sure I could get to the point I can pass every song on expert, I just need to put a little time in to it.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
*after 2 hours of disgaea DS*
omgwtf what's all this stuff I have to do I don't even eurgiorgdftuasq
final fantasy tactics is short compared to this.
and I have to ENTER my items to upgrade them?
Lol, you have it simple at least you can put it to sleep, imagine grinding like that without that option :p
GRINDGRINDGRINDGRIND
it's just getting started!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I think the problem with GH is that they're trying to use music of today's age. It's good, don't get me wrong, but when you look at earlier setlists, GH2 being a good example, it kinda pales in comparison.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
er, I meant my right sry
You..... you missed the joke. ;;

Also guys, tourney this weekend, then another two weeks later 8D
So much hype, especially this weekend.
Good luck, Fan! <3 Let us know if there's livestream.

All this talk about GH/RB makes me wanna play them. Too bad I suck at both, although my vocals are top tiiiieeerrr. I wanna play drums really badly, but everybody fights over them..... getting the mic is much easier.

bigman40

Smash Master
*after 2 hours of disgaea DS*
omgwtf what's all this stuff I have to do I don't even eurgiorgdftuasq
final fantasy tactics is short compared to this.
and I have to ENTER my items to upgrade them?
As far as I know, the first 3 disgaea games are super grinding (each one were easier than the original). Plus, trying to get the alternate endings were a ***** since you'd have to be in the thousands to even get close to winning (by that point though, you should have exp boosters so that lvling would be dumbly easy).

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
KLOZKLOZKLOZKLOZKLOZ!!~

Hi. <3

What's dumbly? Is it something delicious?
ESPYESPYESPYESPYESPYYYYY!!~

Hiii. <3

Nah, I was just making fun of Bigman for saying "dumbly easy" instead of "dumb easy." Just sounded funny. Dumbly, teehee.

Reminds me of how Kyoshi said "fran" instead of "friend" when he was talking to me and Kenny at Pound. XD

Midatlantic accent = the best accent. The rest of y'all talk funny. =X

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
ESPYESPYESPYESPYESPYYYYY!!~

Hiii. <3

Nah, I was just making fun of Bigman for saying "dumbly easy" instead of "dumb easy." Just sounded funny. Dumbly, teehee.

Reminds me of how Kyoshi said "fran" instead of "friend" when he was talking to me and Kenny at Pound. XD

Midatlantic accent = the best accent. The rest of y'all talk funny. =X
<3~

I'm upset that it's not a food. :<

You used y'all. :X
That's Texas' word, young lady.

Top Bottom