• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Vale

Smash Ace
Time traveling is cheating.

twilight princess and sm64 speedruns rely on glitches, iirc.
time traveling is a feature of the game, they'll use it.
besides, speedrunners are obviously cheaters otherwise they wouldn't get such low times

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The things seen in OoT and SM64 are exploits within the actual game. Once you mess with your console's time and date settings, which are external to the game, to move up the calendar 4 months you're not longer doing things exclusively from inside the game.

Vale

Smash Ace
The things seen in OoT and SM64 are exploits within the actual game. Once you mess with your console's time and date settings, which are external to the game, to move up the calendar 4 months you're not longer doing things exclusively from inside the game.

you can change datetime inside of animal crossing settings
if you go to options it is like "yo would you like to change the time"
and then you be like "yeah i want to change the time"
and then its like "aight dog i gotcha enter hour/minute and day/month/year"
and you're like "cool"

and then you changed the time

Vale

Smash Ace
Why the **** would you lie to Isabelle?

Not only is that cheating, it's also animal abuse.

the world of speedrunning is a cruel one
(also let's not forget the impracticality of speedrunning this game in the first place)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Animals (especially such caring ones like dogs) don't have to be involved with that type of practice.

If I ever find you I'm going to tie you down and make you watch 8 hours of American Humane Society ads (the ones that REALLY tug at the heart strings) so you can clean your punk act up.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Yeah dude. Time is a dimension and we've just happened to figure out what frequent occurrences we can use to measure the dimensional change sequences (time flow) we experience. Using a period of time between sunrises to organize or understand events is a human invention but time itself is just time.
Smashboarders make Bell's head hurt

Vale

Smash Ace
If I ever find you I'm going to tie you down and make you watch 8 hours of American Humane Society ads (the ones that REALLY tug at the heart strings) so you can clean your punk act up.

Calling your bluff.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Side effects of Smashboards are uncommon, and include headaches, groans, expanded skill level, degraded skill level, heart palpitations, incontinence, exposure to INPOs, exposure to haters, exposure to likes, intermittent sensations of cluelessness, missing alerts, near-schizophrenic subject matter changes, changes in avatar, being pre-empted a minute before you post, and putting up with my bull****.

Ask your doctor if Smashboards is right for you.

Smashboards. Because you're worth it.™

Vale

Smash Ace
What about death? I die like twenty times a day at the least. Blastzones just jump out at you. Must be related to the site.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Spontaneous death by blastzone is an uncommon but well-documented side-effect of blastzones.

Try to limit your exposure to minimize the risk of such side-effects.

Vale

Smash Ace
But going to the blastzone is such a safe option.
- Players almost never follow you.
- If they do, any combo they attmept will be cut short.

People pretty much refuse to chase you past the blastzone. If you find yourself to be in a tough spot, just go there and watch as your opponent laughs... in the face of danger, of course!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Blastzones are not for everyone. Please immediately notify your doctor of any spontaneous deaths by blastzone, as this may be a sign of a rare but serious side-effect.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
SO IN OTHER NEWS

Leaf got sub-1:40:00 in his Super Mario Sunshine speedruns. He got 1:39:45 and he was super happy about it and is now has the 25th best time in the world (25, like Pikachu's Pokedex number)

swag

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's true, that's why we keep them around.
I, on the other hand, they just can't get rid of.

I was there for the 1 3 9, too. Leaf flipped out, it was great.
And now he owes me ice cream, I suppose? Could just send a check.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
lol thanks you guys.

But it's really not that good of a time I'm super hype over that and probably taking a break to learn a new game. I'm top 25 in the world for SMS speedrunning and less than 9 minutes behind the World Record.

So much hype.

Vale

Smash Ace
I was only watching the stream long enough to mention how intense riding the sand bird waiting to get to the 8th red coin was (and then racing star). GJ Leaf.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Congrats, Leaf! Personally not a fan of speedrunning, but that's quite an accomplishment.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had breakfast at new york city today. I can't believe how long the line was for the food was at 2am in the morning. Place i'm talking about is halal guys.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Not crowded is very nice. San Diego is kinda pushing it with the crowdedness but it's relatively tranquil for a city of it's size so I don't really mind.
I had breakfast at new york city today. I can't believe how long the line was for the food was at 2am in the morning. Place i'm talking about is halal guys.
You went right after the adjacent bars and clubs closed when all those drinkers were hungry.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Details for the next movie night are up! You can find them here if you're part of the FB group; if not, look below. Everyone is welcome!
After much rescheduling, it's time for our next movie night! No polls this time, I just picked out something awesome (and live action since we've done a lot of animation before).

Date/Time: Thursday, August 1, 9pm-11pm

Movie: Source Code
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WatVodRARsU
Summary: A man is part of a government mission to identify a bomber by going back into the last 8 minutes of one of the victims' lives. Over & over again until he can find the criminal among the passengers. Also a nice twist at the end!

Xatstream link: http://zat.anthrzy.com/double-stream/pika/13693235

Ustream link (if you wanna watch outside of the Xat for whatever reason): http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pgdtv

Time is EST as always. See y'all there!

* IF YOU DON'T HAVE ADBLOCK, DOWNLOAD IT. OR YOU WILL GET ADS DURING THE MOVIE. Fair warning. ♥

Top Bottom