• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You know what we haven't had in a minute?

INPO.

I learned how to spell definitely today...COME AT ME SPELLING POLICE!
STOP

IN THE NAME OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

That's so sweet of you!

.....Or vaguely creepy, can't decide. (hmm)
Meta-humor and mind****s. Just a few of the valuable services I offer.

I agree with creepy.
I offer a 100% money back guarantee on all my valuable services.

Unfortunately, I don't charge for them.

I love people's weird words they get wrong, like definitely, dependent, and things of that nature. It's fun~
Agreed.

I hate when people use words such as 'data' and 'criteria' as if they're singular.
And when people use 'suicide' as a verb.

And the worst part of it is that sometimes stupid incorrect things like this end up in the dictionary cause everybody is doing it wrong, and then when I tell people that they're wrong they're like NUH UH LOOK IN THE DICTIONARY STUPID
In all fairness there's a fine line between incorrect usage, metaphor, condensing several words into one to quicker convey an idea, slang usage, and evolution of language. One person's wrong is another's unconventional, after all.

Besides, criterion is an uncommonly known word, and you very rarely, if ever, actually have a datum - more than one datum is generally necessary to convey an idea, which then turns it into data.

In short I'm all for it, although I'm probably taking a more poetic and liberal view of the issue. Use it however you want, assuming you spell it right.

Just my two.

I just hate it when people use the wrong their/there/they're in their sentences.
With my previous statement in mind, agreed on this.

In general this doesn't represent unconventional usage or any form of artistic licence. It just represents ignorance of which word to use.

Cute Raccoon.
HEY

YOU CALLED ME?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoTLRHb41qw&feature=g-all-lik
This was really cute. I didn't know what a fox sounds like until yesterday.
I d'awwed.

Foxes also like saying "mission complete" from time to time.
I died.

They also like to challenge every opponent to "come on."
And again.

They're also *******s.
DUDE

HARSH

damn, that's a nice motorcycle.
Nice.

Both of em.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Longest quarterfinal ever (LoL)
I was mad up until I realized it took so long, I'll be able to watch tomorrow. (Instead of missing it tonight since I was out barhopping.)

Thank you, CLGEU camp. <3

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
thanks to Riot server going down on the start of a game winning teamfight at 63 min mark of game 4.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If :wolf: camps to above 60% to not get cg'd then the matchup turns even. Glad McPP did what he should have done to win. I wanted a chance to play Esam since we haven't played since September 2011 lol.

:018:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It was actually just his shine play in general. He was doing really really good at evading me and I was focusing too hard on grabbing. Once I started just hitting him to hit him, I did significantly better (I think I 2 and JV3stocked him games 3-4 of LF)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It was actually just his shine play in general. He was doing really really good at evading me and I was focusing too hard on grabbing. Once I started just hitting him to hit him, I did significantly better (I think I 2 and JV3stocked him games 3-4 of LF)
So he played like JJwolf and did a lot of jumpshines. Neat.

:018:

Top Bottom