• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
1. WHAT WILL KIRBY'S HAT AND COPIED MOVE LOOK LIKE?

2. As much as I'm like "WTF why is this a playable character"... Piranha Plant belongs in Smash more than Bayonetta, or especially Cloud and Snake, which are basically advertising for Playstation games.

I guess this is somewhat rectified by FF7 and others getting a Switch port.

But the biggest video game series in the world, Nintendo's flagship, getting a mook is less of a slap in the face than Playstation All-Stars getting mixed in. IMO.

Anyway, a Mario mook isn't that crazy of a choice. There were a lot of potential choices, but after seeing it, there aren't many that I would think would be better (combination of moveset potential and uniqueness and WTF/humor factor).
I wonder why its trailer started with Luigi and Yoshi being dizzy. Do you think it might be related to one of its attacks?
Because Luigi and Yoshi had already seen that Piranha Plant was playable and the shock of the revelation had produced that effect. I mean, I might as well have had stars circling my head once I realized it really was playable and it wasn't a prank.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think I would've liked fireballs instead of the poison, but they probably did that because there's so many other characters who already use fire.

The spike ball is such a nostalgic pick. The windbox is going to be so fun to toy around with :)

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Not missing this spectacular Charakter Social thread. As a Vegan, i Plan to Play the Plant !

Afterall, you reap what you sow

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman

2. As much as I'm like "WTF why is this a playable character"... Piranha Plant belongs in Smash more than Bayonetta, or especially Cloud and Snake, which are basically advertising for Playstation games.
1. Probably a Pirahna Plant hat.

2. Because Sakurai loves us and they are. Bayo and Snake use actual bullets so I feel like it’s a good balance from the goofy **** that goes on in the game lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
1. Probably a Pirahna Plant hat.

2. Because Sakurai loves us and they are. Bayo and Snake use actual bullets so I feel like it’s a good balance from the goofy **** that goes on in the game lol.
Maybe half a piranha plant head. There isn't any art for it yet, but maybe something similar to this with it

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Probably. I felt like it would go around his whole head, but yeah, that makes more sense.

Edit: Or maybe he gets the pot instead of the head lol:LOS

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How many Bowser minions needing to get the Peachette treatment left?
Frankly, I'd like to see the Stairface Ogres get some of that treatment. I was blown away with their design in Odyssey.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
All you gotta do is give them a Peach body with recognizable things from their original designs lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All you gotta do is give them a Peach body with recognizable things from their original designs lol.
At this rate nearly every woman in Mario will be better than Peach

Fane

Smash Journeyman
His neutral special seems to be the Spike Ball.

So he'll probably just look upwards and spit the Spike Ball out of his mouth and blow it at an opponent.

Bc I'm pretty certain down special is his hide + launch, side special is likely the poison, and up special is helicopter plant.

I would love to see Kirby use the down special though, THAT would be hilarious.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739

So he'll probably just look upwards and spit the Spike Ball out of his mouth and blow it at an opponent.

Bc I'm pretty certain down special is his hide + launch, side special is likely the poison, and up special is helicopter plant.

Those were my guesses as well, one of the few characters whose special moves it's not easy to match an input to though haha. I'm still just waiting for Sakurai to write about P. Plant in Famitsu, maybe we'll get some more details about his specials (and their reasoning for adding him too because honestly I really want to know).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We’ve all fallen in love with Petey

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137

Seems like either way Kirby's animation is going to be unusual... Maybe it'll be more like Ivysaur with Bullet Seed and Kirby will have a Piranha Plant flower on top of his head rather than using his own mouth to perform the move?

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
My guess is that the poison move is actually his neutral b. It would be the easiest move to translate to Kirby and it also appears to be chargeable, which only neutral b's have a tendency of being. Only exception I can think of is Mario's Fludd.

From there, I'm guessing that Spike Ball is his down b and the lunge is his side b since it has a focus on being angled left and right, though I'm not 100% confident.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, is it possible to get Piranha Plant even if you miss the preorder bonus? Because that would be a shame if you can't buy the character separately and if :ultpiranha: is limited to a preorder bonus...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just wondering, is it possible to get Piranha Plant even if you miss the preorder bonus? Because that would be a shame if you can't buy the character separately and if :ultpiranha: is limited to a preorder bonus...
He’ll be like how people got Mewtwo last game...preorder bonus character whos free and playable earlier, but will be able to be bought weeks later

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Just for reference, they're not just pre-order, you get them for getting the game within the first month (and a bit I think) as well. But yes PP will still be purchasable

D

Deleted member

Just for reference, they're not just pre-order, you get them for getting the game within the first month (and a bit I think) as well. But yes PP will still be purchasable
The one thing that I am curious is how much it will be. Individual fighters will be $5.99 USD without the Pass.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The one thing that I am curious is how much it will be. Individual fighters will be $5.99 USD without the Pass.
Maybe the same price if he comes with a stage and a set of songs, while $3.99-$4.99 with just the character

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Not gonna lie, him changing into a Putrid Piranha for one of his moves sold me on the character. One of the fastest ways to my heart is a Paper Mario callback.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
According to all known laws of speculation, there is no way that a Piranha Plant should be able to get into Smash Bros.

Its character as a nameless enemy is too ordinary to get itself into the roster.

Sakurai, of course, puts Piranha Plant in Smash Bros anyway, because Sakurai doesn't care what fans think is impossible.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
According to all known laws of speculation, there is no way that a Piranha Plant should be able to get into Smash Bros.

Its character as a nameless enemy is too ordinary to get itself into the roster.

Sakurai, of course, puts Piranha Plant in Smash Bros anyway, because Sakurai doesn't care what fans think is impossible.
Also confirms there’s no limitations to which Mario character gets to be in Smash

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Lots of people are gonna love the plant, even if no one thought to vote for it :)

STAR PLATINUM!!!

Smash Rookie
What I love about Piranha Plant is that the character is just one giant "**** you" to every one who wanted Waluigi in Smash.:ultpiranha:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'll just see myself out, then.
You don’t get to leave, especially if Sakurai isn’t that heartless towards Geno fans...plus that pfp alone shows you belong here

Top Bottom