• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Of course I'm gonna try this flora out, it's the best goddamn character on the roster and no one will convince me otherwise

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
My initial reaction was definitely, "A PIRANHA PLANT!? WTF!?!?!?" But really, this is a gem of a character. I can't wait to try them out early next year.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Did you guys notice that each alt costume (as well as the appearance during side smash and...side special?) are all based on actual variants of Piranha Plant in Mario games? Not a single one was made up for Smash! That's attention to detail that I enjoy.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
As somewone who lovews both range and traps I just don't think I can ignore this character. Genuinely, unironically excited to play them.

Last edited:

SS2000

Smash Apprentice

This is the far the most WTF character ever. How will Sakurai ever beat the craziness of this choice? I just can't imagine it ever happening... but then again, I thought the same in the past, so...

And I'm sure everybody learned an important lesson: If supposed leaks lack something so utterly ridiculous that nobody will believe it, then they are obviously fake! :laugh:
real leak.png

TapW

Smash Rookie
Only thing that I'm upset about is that he's a literal potted plant and only some of his alts have a warp pipe pot.

Other than that nitpick, I'm pumped.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Only thing that I'm upset about is that he's a literal potted plant and only some of his alts have a warp pipe pot.

Other than that nitpick, I'm pumped.

I think the white/black ones could have the Warp Pipe too, potentially. Just look at the position of the head, its trying to squeeze back into the pot. It might just look at little expanded as its in the middle of an animation.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I think the white/black ones could have the Warp Pipe too, potentially. Just look at the position of the head, its trying to squeeze back into the pot. It might just look at little expanded as its in the middle of an animation.
I think that goes for the white one since it's curved to signify the stretching. Black is straight edged though.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I honestly don't know what's more disrespectful anymore, getting dunked by the King of Darkness or getting dunked by a potted plant.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
After the initial hesitance upon seeing him, I have to say I'm really looking forward to trying him out.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I wonder why its trailer started with Luigi and Yoshi being dizzy. Do you think it might be related to one of its attacks?

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
The addition of a Piranha Plant of all things is so hilarious. I mean, we can have a freaking potted plant fight a goddess or a king of evil. I don't think Sakurai can ever top the surprise factor of this character.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Mannnnn why are people so angry about PP making it into the game? Why are we perpetuating the fallacy that PP making it into the game is the reason other fighters didn't make it into the game?

The moment I saw PP, I was like, "Annnnd that's my new main."

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Mannnnn why are people so angry about PP making it into the game? Why are we perpetuating the fallacy that PP making it into the game is the reason other fighters didn't make it into the game?

The moment I saw PP, I was like, "Annnnd that's my new main."
Boy, people just got sticks up their asses and don’t understand the majesty of bringing such a character into the game. It is outright the most glorious thing that could happen next to a Goomba or a Waddle Dee entering the game under the same standards. Sakurai blessed us with this most holy gift which changed numerous amounts of peoples’ choice to main a particular character to the one.

People who rage about PP entering the game probably put their milk in before the cereal.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So, can we talk about Piranha P's run? Not the little feet, we have all seen that and love it, of course, but I'm talking about the fact that his tongue hangs out and waggles around. On the one hand, it could be a "super hungry gonna come and eat ya" thing, which I appreciate because it once again reminds me of Audrey II. However, the first thing that comes to my mind when he runs with his tongue out, flapping in the wind, is he looks like a dog. And thus the headcanon of Piranha P being Bowser Jr.'s pet plant gone rogue is solidified and I couldn't be happier. So many hi-jinx come to mind. If I was a smidge nerdier, I'd be writing (clean) fanfics of the Adventures of Piranha P as Bowser Jr. is trying to prove to his dad that he's responsible enough for a pet that is really too much to handle. .....................*typewriter noises commence*

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
As someone who unironically made a thread in support of Goomba and making the point that mario minions are iconic in gaming and could have a place in smash, I think Piranha Plant is a fantastic choice!! Something i didnt expect due to it only being a plant, but they made a moveset and it looks super goofy and fun!!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
PP also breaks the unwritten rule of having non-unique nameless Mario creatures as fighters (with Yoshi being a gray area). I would like Dry Bones now, please.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
PP also breaks the unwritten rule of having non-unique nameless Mario creatures as fighters (with Yoshi being a gray area). I would like Dry Bones now, please.
My favorite thing is like, people who start saying stuff like "Oh so now you want a WADDLE DEE/DRY BONES/EGGPLANT WIZARD/MONTY MOLE/STALFOS in Smash, huh?!"

uh yeah dude I kinda do I'm a character mark and minions are fun

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Why is it OK for Mario Kart and Strikers to do it? But not Smash?

ProfessorVincent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alexim
3DS FC
2105-8719-2070
I don't think Sakurai can ever top the surprise factor of this character.
We say every few years. In a way I think this is Sakurai and the team showing off. Isaac would have been too easy to turn into a character by comparison (and I totally voted for Isaac in the ballot).

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So if you're trying to learn how to play Piranha Plant then would that be

PP Training?

Top Bottom