• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Everyone get ready to main the biggest troll character ever. As a silent supporter of Petey Piranha since the 4 speculation era, I am more than pleased with the introduction of this massive meme of a character. Hopefully all 3 other people that are happy to see Piranha P. are just as excited as I am. Sorry Toad fans. By the way, Reidakai will have an analysis featuring yours truly later today so you can have all the sweet Piranha Plant knowledge you could ever want.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought either him or Boo had a chance due to being in previous Mario games; I'm happy to see he made it. And he apparently doesn't count towards the 5 more DLC characters, which is a nice bonus.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I was utterly bewildered. I was in disbelief. How could anyone predict such a character?

Soon came roars of laughter. Sakurai's still got it in him. I'm glad he's still got the option of putting characters HE wants instead of what the public wants. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's like we've got Sakurai by the neck, forcing him to include every single one of our most wanted characters.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how this character plays out in Smash. A weird inclusion, but not an unwelcome one.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well I assumed Sakurai would be giving us a WTF character.... I NEVER would have guessed Piranha plant though. Props to you Sakurai.

He looks really looks very unique, and could be very fun actually. I am feeling he was planned for base, but they found out early they couldn't complete it in time, so moved him to post launch, and not counting towards the 5 DLC fighters. So that means when it is all done we will have 80 characters. Thats a ton

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
From the very start, I anticipated Smash Ultimate was going to get a WTF character, but......W.T.F. I never anticipated this.

Nevertheless, Piranha Plant looks like a very interesting fighter. It seems to rely more on tricks rather than brute force, which I like. I'm actually considering maining this character.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I'm still trying to process the fact that an actual honest-to-God regular Pirhanna Plant is a playable character in Smash.

Icineroar didn't do much for me (he looks pretty cool though and I'm happy for his fans), and apart for Spirits mode the direct was kind of a let-down, so PP was honestly a big highlight for me. The idea is so ludicrous that it goes full circle and ends up being genius, plus he actually looks fun to play. I'm not sure when I'll stop laughing.

I really want to know what the thought process was though.

D

Deleted member

This will be the best social thread.

Everyone get ready to main the biggest troll character ever. As a silent supporter of Petey Piranha since the 4 speculation era, I am more than pleased with the introduction of this massive meme of a character. Hopefully all 3 other people that are happy to see Piranha P. are just as excited as I am. Sorry Toad fans. By the way, Reidakai will have an analysis featuring yours truly later today so you can have all the sweet Piranha Plant knowledge you could ever want.
Of course you’d be the one to make this. LMAO

Should we even have an "I was wrong thread" for this guy? We'd all be wrong.
I hope people are searching to see who predicted PP

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Went into the direct hoping for a new main (Skull Kid). Came out the direct with another I never knew I wanted until now. Funny that. Welcome to the gang, Piranha Plant.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
I applaud this character cause it's such a out of nowhere pick and it looks crazy fun. To those that are upset at the results I no care see what happens when you are greedy for certain things and listening to leaks gets you? Welp ya get trolled on lvls of Sakurai.

All in all interesting choice and a much needed wake up call.

Also to those who somehow did see this coming congrats cause this is pretty interestar...

KoopaDasher

Smash Rookie
When Mario approached the pot I said "Oh, so if you preorder the game you get an extra Piranha Plant item. That's kind of cool." Followed almost immediately by "Wait, what?"

I love this guy. He's the weird, wacky character type I love to play, like Bowser Jr in the last game and Diddy Kong before him. He just looks like so much fun, and I can't wait for him to release.

Top Bottom