• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Does anyone think that the blue alt color schemes is similar to Geno's? The pot = body, Stem = part of Geno's outfit, head = the other color of Geno's outfit.

I know it's a stretch and is more likely a coincidence, but I find it interesting to think about it.

Arthur97

Smash Master
So, uh, why does the Piranha Plant section still not have a picture (or Incineroar, Gunner, and Swordfighter for that matter)?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh just to let you guys know

View attachment 189446

This is what I saw on my beginning of world of light and I infact have piranha plant and this is not new game +

But I rumor is you need to free atleast 10 first to get the plant added to the team

oh i cant believe i missed this

piranha plant additon to the banner video go to 0:16

I like the little scene at the start, it's like they KNOW that PP interacts with the closest being you have to a playable Blooper.

Semako

Smash Cadet
What stages are the best ones for the weed?
On Battlefield, the platforms block the ptooie balls, and on FD I have troubles against "spammy" characters, since I have no place where I am safe from their projectiles.

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
Battlefield is still best imo, it may block the balls but u can push it up to top part of battlefield of they try and platform camp and push it to the side if they try and stay there. Plus naturally people are easier to catch

Rehnquist

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean with that?
If you were to go into practice mode, and try to hit a non moving opponent, pause the game where you see the move looks like it should hit but doesn't. While in pause turn the screen to the side and you'll see the attack moving into the Z axis.

Smash is a 2d game, but there are some moves which are 3d, in that they move past the 2d line which character hurtboxes reside in, which means it doesn't hit the character.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Finally got my chance to play the Plant yesterday. As I said in my last post here I was worried about the lack of Classic mode so the first thing I checked was if the Plant had one and seeing it had one was such a relief. My expectations went up when I saw online that it had a Palutena's Guidance, but for Classic I wanted to check myself. On the other hand no Spirit battle involving the Plant, as expected. Plus it was shoe-horned in World of Light, but at least it is recruitable. Not so much of a bad treatment for a DLC character overall as it was about what I expected.

For the character itself, it is quite fun to play as, like most other characters in the game, but its special moves other than up special aren't easy to use. I had to get used to the side special being chargeable for example. Also nice they didn't miss fire somewhere in the moveset, although back aerial was not the move I would have expected for it.

When I fought the Inklings in the first run of PP's Classic mode I thought my idea about fighting representatives of species rather than canonically unique characters was likely to be acurate, but one battle wasn't enough to confirm it and when I fought Ridley and Dark Samus I was confused what this run was supposed to be about. Then I fight the Belmonts... okay it's the base game newcomers! The trend was confirmed when I fought Chrom and K. Rool and the next two battles, and fighting a boss other than the Hands wasn't a big surprise to continue the theme. This Classic run is complementary to Wolf's since between him and PP you see every character not in Smash 4 outside the Fighter pass. Nice.

Also the victory pose involving Mario was so unexpected and hilarious. Funny how we said that Chrom's presence in Robin's victory pose implied he was a late addition to the roster, yet later for DLC they add freaking Mario to another character's victory pose.

Last edited:

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Am I the only one that would prefer waiting for the All-Star Smash Plant corruption issue to be fixed to put time in the plant?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm a bit surprised that hasn't been fixed yet. The fact that people can buy him now will probably make matters worse. Paying for a new character only to lose your save data by playing a mode doesn't sound like the best time of your life.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I'm a bit surprised that hasn't been fixed yet. The fact that people can buy him now will probably make matters worse. Paying for a new character only to lose your save data by playing a mode doesn't sound like the best time of your life.
No kidding, I've only been playing tentatively the last few days and messing with my other gamesc until a patch roles out and I can lab PP full swing.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Not sure how much worse it would be. Unless you bought the game in like the past 2 days, you probably should have had it already.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Piranha Plant is a pure and wholesome character whom is too powerful for any game

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ate_piranha_plant_dlc_codes_on_ebay_for_usd30

The only thing I will say about this is shameful, shameful, shameful.
I mean, on one hand yeah, but if someone actually buys this over just getting the character for far cheaper that's available for purchase now, I kiiiiiiiiiiinda feel like maybe the deserve to get swindled. Darwin awards and all that. Good way to prey on idiots though if you just leave any shred of ethics at the door.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Since Pirahna Plant was probably being worked on during the final stages of the game's development, it wouldn't surprise me if he will be the only DLC character with a Palutena's Guidance.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Since Pirahna Plant was probably being worked on during the final stages of the game's development, it wouldn't surprise me if he will be the only DLC character with a Palutena's Guidance.
Gotta keep hope the other 5 get guidances. Helps that they can call up the voice actors pretty quickly, as well as the game lacking the whole “no data” crap

MasterZaden

Smash Cadet
Someone should make a mod where if Mario or Luigi uses his fireball on Piranha Plant it has the same effect as Death's Scythe has on a 100% opponent.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I think I'm going to hold off on beating Classic Mode with the Plant until I get enough Golden Tickets. Defeat against Rathalos is preferable to a victory hollowed out by reduced intensity because I used gold to get back in. And I was this close to beat it too.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
SO after some further experience with this character I have come to a realization that he's almost identical to sandbag in smash flash 2. Being a slow but surprisingly combo heavy character that lacks a good neutral game but has good kill power on top of a decent combo game.

How good is forward air

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
SO after some further experience with this character I have come to a realization that he's almost identical to sandbag in smash flash 2. Being a slow but surprisingly combo heavy character that lacks a good neutral game but has good kill power on top of a decent combo game.

How good is forward air
Imo all his aerials excluding his up aerial are pretty mediocre, his forward air being the worst of them. It's not bad, but I just can't really find a whole lot of use for it outside of when it's my only option to finish a string, which is generally a bad thing. I haven't been able to work it into much else. Have you?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Imo all his aerials excluding his up aerial are pretty mediocre, his forward air being the worst of them. It's not bad, but I just can't really find a whole lot of use for it outside of when it's my only option to finish a string, which is generally a bad thing. I haven't been able to work it into much else. Have you?
Well its only -8 on shield so that's a thing...
Also back air is amazing

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
bair blows up shields
I'll have to keep that in mind I have pretty much avoided using aerials on shield as plant because the slowness of his moves scares me there lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Only bad thing about the bait is the lag...but that’s not much of a problem

Top Bottom