• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

Arthur97

Smash Master
im not doing world of light till a unlocked everybody so i can unlock everyone twice so i will find out eventually

i might also check which path the piranha plant is on for the classic mode unlock tree (probably marios)
Pretty sure DLC won't be in any unlock tree and will just be instantly available.
look at this

We made the banner!!!

that means joker and the other 4 as well

that also makes the grinch leak an even bigger dunce cap

and the guidence is not the dlc ones from smash 4 its this

i loved that ending palutena got so mad from viridi naming all the types of piranha she didnt want to hear the word again
Plant about to take a bite out of Snake. Edit: nevermind, saw that it was watering a Pikmin.
The Piranha Plant has a victory animation where she bites Mario's ***. That's amazing.
It was talking about Viridi. Pretty sure it doesn't have a gender seeing as...it's a plant.

Last edited:

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
You can angle Piranha Plant's DownB downwards if you're in midair

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I'm taking Piranha Plant out for spin right now, and he's a TON of fun to play with! I'm so glad he's in the game.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
User was warned for this post; flaming
Guys, this ain’t no ooga booga character. Please give him more than 2 hours before posting to online forums that he isn’t good. He has so much untapped potential.
Still garbage, neutral is trash, recovery is horrid outside from range, mobility is mediocre at best, no kill options outside of up smash and bair and up throw. No combos, no aerial game, frame data is okay at best, Range itself is mediocre for a character of its size, and due to that it gets smacked around a lot. Only good points it really has is a good ledge trap and a *decent* projectile. Also Poison can block off a section of the stage for a brief period, encouraging the opponent to respect it, but since it doesn't last long, you can just wait it out.

Sounds like I, a "bad player" knows more about your main than you do, a know-it-all weenie with piranha plant as your PFP.
Tsk

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Anyone figure out the spike properties of Piranha Plant's Dair? For some reason I have a bit of difficulty trying to land the spike hitbox of that Dair

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Still garbage, neutral is trash, recovery is horrid outside from range, mobility is mediocre at best, no kill options outside of up smash and bair and up throw. No combos, no aerial game, frame data is okay at best, Range itself is mediocre for a character of its size, and due to that it gets smacked around a lot. Only good points it really has is a good ledge trap and a *decent* projectile. Also Poison can block off a section of the stage for a brief period, encouraging the opponent to respect it, but since it doesn't last long, you can just wait it out.

Sounds like I, a "bad player" knows more about your main than you do, a know-it-all weenie with piranha plant as your PFP.
Tsk
Yeah, sorry, but you lost me at "no combos." I'm sorry, but if you actually think this character has no combos, you clearly haven't been paying attention.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah this character can kill with up-b combos. Might be pretty alright in some ways. Some things aren't very good with it tho.

Turns out the way plant plays doesn't work with me. I hope people enjoy it, but I may not use it as much as i thought.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Yeah, sorry, but you lost me at "no combos." I'm sorry, but if you actually think this character has no combos, you clearly haven't been paying attention.
Ok, brainiac, tell me just tell me, what type of easy mode combos this very intricate and difficult to master character, has.
Hard mode: Unsafe moves don't count. Oh wait that eliminates every single one of plant's options oopsie!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok, brainiac, tell me just tell me, what type of easy mode combos this very intricate and difficult to master character, has.
Hard mode: Unsafe moves don't count. Oh wait that eliminates every single one of plant's options oopsie!
It's got kill combos.

I still don't think the character will be great in neutral, tbh. might still be able to do alright if it's got stuff like that tho. maybe

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
It's got kill combos.

I still don't think the character will be great in neutral, tbh. might still be able to do alright if it's got stuff like that tho. maybe
Not only does that require plats but it also can probably be DIed or SDIed out of. Also shorter characters I doubt are hit by FF uair.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not only does that require plats but it also can probably be DIed or SDIed out of. Also shorter characters I doubt are hit by FF uair.
Well the main combo is the second part, upair to up-b. and up-b always drags up. It's got decent speed so seems pretty good to combo into up-b.
If they're in the air, it's very dangerous against pplant

Teeb147

Smash Legend
that'l just make it much easier to follow up with. And it depends what % they are and everything.

Look, just give it time to develop and see what happens. Even with combos this character doesn't have a good neutral. The poison cloud doesnt do hitstun so it's not super great to camp with, especially that plant is slow. Anyway, it might still be ok of a character. but has a few things and still stuff to explore.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
that'l just make it much easier to follow up with. And it depends what % they are and everything.

Look, just give it time to develop and see what happens. Even with combos this character doesn't have a good neutral. The poison cloud doesnt do hitstun so it's not super great to camp with, especially that plant is slow. Anyway, it might still be ok of a character. but has a few things and still stuff to explore.
He won't be good

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He won't be good
That's possible, but it's still super early.
They might buff it eventually too. I def think it'd be ok to reduce the landing lag on its attacks. I would've wanted fair to have a bigger hitbox too but i dont think they'll do that.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
That's possible, but it's still super early.
They might buff it eventually too. I def think it'd be ok to reduce the landing lag on its attacks. I would've wanted fair to have a bigger hitbox too but i dont think they'll do that.
Pot's disjointed, we have that.
Also what is that back air

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They're saying you can't footstool jump on a crouching Piranha Plant since Piranha Plant will automatically retaliate. Well, that's what " しゃがんでるパックンを踏みつけると自動的に反撃するみたい " is being translated as through Google Translate: "It seems to fight back automatically when stepping on crouching Pacquin".

Arthur97

Smash Master
Beat me to it. Yeah, the tips say as much. It says it's a reflex it learned from other games it's starred in. Move over Mario and Kirby, the real star is here.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I have to say, I like Piranha Plant online. I still don't think I'm great and neither would I find myself to improve a lot on him, but he has been doing good to me online as I got elite after my first 3 games.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
It plays exactly like I imagined. A little bit whacky, a little bit wild, full of potential. Some of the hitboxes and animations I'll have to get used to, but overall this planty boi looks like tons of fun!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
We obviously don't know all of them since we're in literally hour 6 of this character existing, but stuff like Ptooie's hitbox coming out on frame 9 and Uair just being a crazy move in general allow us to pull off wacky **** like this off of a grab:
Along with the kill combo Teeb147 Teeb147 posted earlier, these don't exactly look like "easy mode combos" to me. But sure, no combos.
For reference, I don't even think Plant's a great character right now thanks to his subpar neutral, among other things. I just take extreme issue with the frankly baseless assumption that he has poor combo game when in reality, it's shaping up to be one of the character's greatest strengths.

Last edited:

Semako

Smash Cadet
How to unlock the plant? I updated my game, played a normal battle, played classic mode and it is still nowhere to be seen. Of course I ordered and entered the download code already in december, so that is not the problem.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
How to unlock the plant? I updated my game, played a normal battle, played classic mode and it is still nowhere to be seen. Of course I ordered and entered the download code already in december, so that is not the problem.
Did you update the game, and are you currently playing Smash version 2.0.0?

Sorry for yet another double post in recent memory, but I hope the gravity of what I'm about to say excuses a double post. Be wary plant bros, some users are reporting that Piranha Plant has been corrupting save files when you play as him in All Star mode. Might want to hold off playing him in that mode (or at all if you're really paranoid.) until an update with some bug fixes rolls around. There have also been reports that Mii Brawler Swordfighter and Duck Hunt can corrupt saves in Century Smash too, so keep that in mind as well. I'll repost this to the DH and MB socials so they're aware as well.

EDIT: Mii Swordfighter, not Brawler.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
He won't be good
You only play ooga booga characters, and you think Meta Knight and Mewtwo are bad lmaoooo. No one here takes you seriously lol. Its obvious you only play braindead autocombo characters, and any character the requires some creativity to you is bad. Can’t wait to quote your post and laugh at you when a plant makes Top 8 lmao.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
You only play ooga booga characters, and you think Meta Knight and Mewtwo are bad lmaoooo. No one here takes you seriously lol. Its obvious you only play braindead autocombo characters, and any character the requires some creativity to you is bad. Can’t wait to quote your post and laugh at you when a plant makes Top 8 lmao.
Now entering the state of denial

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Now entering the state of denial
Are you actually that full of yourself that you think you are smart or good enough to determine a characters full potential 10 hours in? Where are your tournament results to back up this intelligence? Because you better be DAMN good at the game to be so loud. Or do you just beat up 10 year old wifi warriors on quickplay and you think you’re good?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Beat me to it. Yeah, the tips say as much. It says it's a reflex it learned from other games it's starred in. Move over Mario and Kirby, the real star is here.
I mean, Sakurai even joked how it would have a VIP room door with a license plate on it and everything.

(Stoic Seraphim or Wooden Plank Studios, please get on drawing that scenario.)

D

Deleted member

Whoo! Lucky for me, it worked liked I hoped. I entered the code in when I got it and Piranha auto-downloaded for me, so I had nothing to worry about.
So, just some thoughts on Mr. Planty...

* He's got a decent speed and feel to him; it's good (I know the mined data told us as much, but reading it and feeling it are two different things)
* That poison cloud move that sits there on the field is pretty cool; it doesn't provide any knock back, but is a good ledge guard to get free damage in
* Neutral B has good power to it; kind of like Simon's axe. It can Guard above you or be tossed like 2ft left or right, so it requires timing, but its strong
* Iron Ball (Neutral B) can hit multiple opponents and do damage if opponent runs into it (evidenced by Multiple Inklings in Piranha's Classic mode run)
* Might have just been me, but it seemed like his grab range was SUPER short; like Jigglypuff down special sweet-spot short
* Piranha's Down special can be used in air. If mastered, that move could be ridiculously good; seems a bit awkward as a Down special though
* Fair amount of startup to Piranha's Specials; Tried to use Poison Cloud before it was fully charged, but it seemed like it could only be spit when full charge
* Could only play test him a little bit since I had also started KH III last night
* Piranha Plant's Classic Mode run (confirming that DLC gets its own Classic Mode run, hurray!) is against all new characters and called 'New Bloom'

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Warned for trolling
Are you actually that full of yourself that you think you are smart or good enough to determine a characters full potential 10 hours in? Where are your tournament results to back up this intelligence? Because you better be DAMN good at the game to be so loud. Or do you just beat up 10 year old wifi warriors on quickplay and you think you’re good?
Seems we ain't leaving the stage of denial any time soon folks

Hey hey I'm all for this character being good, but your salt is delicious omf

Last edited:

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman

If you want to respond to his arguments, please use actual points. As you made the original claim, you therefore hold the burden of proof.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759

“Hello you people
Can some one possibly give me some tips on how to play cloud in this game? I legitimate don't know how to play him in this game compared to smash 4”

>not being able to play cloud

>thinks he’s good

WHEEZING

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Pretty sure DLC won't be in any unlock tree and will just be instantly available.
One problem with that statement Im pretty sure you have everybody unlocked when making that statement

I haven’t yet so I’m gonna see for myself what happens later today

I redeemed my code but I can't find him. Did i do somthing wrong?
Did you press X and stop the game? When I got my code it said to restart the switch to get the update to work

And did you update the game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom