• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
So apparently this account got unbanned haha. They way I type back in the day is completely different than now.

BedazzledHobo

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I recently moved to Bloomington/Normal, looks like I'm not too far away :D my roommate and I are trying to form a smash team out here, any tips on how to get things organized? :) -Hobo
yeah im not sure how to do it.... i just know the Moderators do it all the time

but hey this works fine

so does anyone know the date for Gamer's Sanctuary 's next tournament?

and are we gonna plan on trying to get a tournament over christmas break?

BedazzledHobo

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I recently moved to Bloomington/Normal, looks like I'm not too far away :D my roommate and I are trying to form a smash team out here, any tips on how to get things organized? :) -Hobo
yeah im not sure how to do it.... i just know the Moderators do it all the time

but hey this works fine

so does anyone know the date for Gamer's Sanctuary 's next tournament?

and are we gonna plan on trying to get a tournament over christmas break?

Tw1nx

Smash Rookie
Among the Peoria and Springfield crews, how many are still active now?

I'm from Springfield, reside currently, and a few friends of mine have been trying to find others to chill and smash with for quite some time now. Anyways, my lot here has about 6 people looking to play some Melee, PM, and Brawl with. Who's out there?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i know ripple is still active, he is a great player from springfield. plays a LOT of the cast and has many strong low tiers. there are a few springfield players who would probably play but I doubt they post. there's gambit (derek), who's all around a great friend of mine. really cool guy. he goes to school at SIUE, last I heard, so he'd only be around during holidays

peoria has andale and dart although i think they are both inactive. i would say both of them are national level caliber players (top 48 apex level).

all of these guys would probably play if you get ahold of them, but I'm not sure it's my place to give out their phone numbers.

I live in SLC now but I come back home to jacksonville (30 minutes out of springfield) every once in awhile, but i usually don't have time to play because i have to come back to SLC for work. Next time I visit and have time to play I'll toss this thread a post.

hope that helps guys. PM ripple and he could probably get ahold of dart/andale (or at least give more info as to whether or not they play at all)

there's other notable players like gooeybanana, captain pron, oranos, ppv, etc, but i haven't talked to those guys in quite awhile

Tw1nx

Smash Rookie
i know ripple is still active, he is a great player from springfield. plays a LOT of the cast and has many strong low tiers. there are a few springfield players who would probably play but I doubt they post. there's gambit (derek), who's all around a great friend of mine. really cool guy. he goes to school at SIUE, last I heard, so he'd only be around during holidays

peoria has andale and dart although i think they are both inactive. i would say both of them are national level caliber players (top 48 apex level).

all of these guys would probably play if you get ahold of them, but I'm not sure it's my place to give out their phone numbers.

I live in SLC now but I come back home to jacksonville (30 minutes out of springfield) every once in awhile, but i usually don't have time to play because i have to come back to SLC for work. Next time I visit and have time to play I'll toss this thread a post.

hope that helps guys. PM ripple and he could probably get ahold of dart/andale (or at least give more info as to whether or not they play at all)

there's other notable players like gooeybanana, captain pron, oranos, ppv, etc, but i haven't talked to those guys in quite awhile
That's good to know. Yeah, I've got two very young but extremely talented smashers here. The others are vets like me who have become a bit rusty after a while of on/off again playing, but are looking to get back into the scene. Among us, I'm probably the most educated of the bunch when it comes to smash knowledge: know the terms, characters, and technical aspects of the game. I also am the one that streams the matches to Twitch whenever we decide to have a big get together.

Shrug

Smash Cadet
Is the OP around to edit the topic post? I think it would be helpful to have an updated list of the active players in the area. I'd say Peoria, Bloomington, and Champaign are all close enough that we might be able to meet up occasionally if there are people willing to play.

If the OP isn't around anymore, would it be okay to make a new thread?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
man 2008-2010 smash was so incredible. it's unreal how much the wonderful people i've met through competitive gaming have shaped and developed my life as well as my own character
shoutouts to you guys

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'm still around, it's just this thread has been awful dead and Smashboards has been DDOS'd every time I have thought about posting on here.

Actually, there's still quite a few people that play, just our schedules are rather sporadic so it's hard to set up a date for >2-3 of us to meet up all at once. Dart is up in the Chicago area besides for the weekends mostly, Andale and Hindawg seem to be mainly focusing on schooling but are down to Smash in the Peoria area occasionally, Black Panther & I play pretty often, yet still on and off, because our schedules seem to work well together, and then Pr0n and Modern/Studly/Lilly show up usually every other week.

I'll try to update the OP sometime soon.

EDIT: Okay, I was in class so that was a pretty quick post :p This will be another because I'm actually about to go over to BP's to play with pr0n and him lel. If you guys want Bloomington/Normal Smasher information added here as I imagine you guys don't have your own thread yet(admit I haven't looked =/ FB has taken over a lot lol), I'd be more than happy to add it if you provide it to me. I'd probably keep personal info to PMs/FB, but that's your own prerogative. I'm sure all of us would be fine with sharing our #s tho to keep in touch! From what I understand, there seems to be a jumbled up assortment of players in the BloNo area, so it'd be nice to help unite some of y'all and get some smashfests goin.

And Luke, I agree. Smash has helped me in so many ways since I first got into the competitive scene. I used to be pretty quiet, but now I have a much more extroverted personality and much of it is thanks to finding people that shared the same fascination I had with this game lol. Shoutouts as well!

Last edited:

Dart!

Smash Master
If you guys need to get ahold of me. 309-696-5934

Feel free to text or call if you are interested in smashing or have questions.

BLUX

Smash Cadet
hey so i go to Bradley and would love to get some smashing in. I play pm and melee. there's also 2 of my friends that will probably play as well.

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
sup dudes. I'm moving home 6/1 and can't wait to reintegrate into the Sville/Ptown crew. I got some new skillz I learned out west I can't wait to show off

so super SWEET in Ann Arbor, MI 6/7/14-6/8/14, anybody going? Let's carpool 5 deep, kick everybody's ass, and take over the midwest boys

Corbin Fairfield

Smash Rookie
I just recently got back into playing melee but would love to go to some tournaments around the Springfield area. If you know of any please let me know. :)

rdevroy4

Smash Rookie
I'm in the Champaign - Urbana area and looking for any local smashers. Trying to get back into this competitively before smash 4 comes outs.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
Decatur locale here. I can travel to Peoria/Champaign/Bloomington etc. I play mainly PM but I don't mind some Melee either!
Hit me up on here if you guys want to get something going. I have a GC Setup and a Wii set up!

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
plan to be playing pretty late. starting at 8-9pm. don't know how late we'll go, or if ripple is ok with letting people he doesn't know come over (i'd think he's fine with it though). I sent him a message on fb and tagged him here so he'll be in soon enough to give us his time restraints. for what it's worth, we can smash at my place too, but I live in the country with my parents near Jacksonville--it's hardly ideal. and a decent drive from where you are

in fact it's not even explicitly confirmed that friday night works for him but he was saying earlier anytime this weekend iirc.

really wanna avoid anything tonight because i'm going to springfield amtrak to drop off my brother tomorrow, and it's a 35 minute drive each way. not trying to do it back to back

Last edited:

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
plan to be playing pretty late. starting at 8-9pm. don't know how late we'll go, or if ripple is ok with letting people he doesn't know come over (i'd think he's fine with it though). I sent him a message on fb and tagged him here so he'll be in soon enough to give us his time restraints. for what it's worth, we can smash at my place too, but I live in the country with my parents near Jacksonville--it's hardly ideal. and a decent drive from where you are

in fact it's not even explicitly confirmed that friday night works for him but he was saying earlier anytime this weekend iirc.

really wanna avoid anything tonight because i'm going to springfield amtrak to drop off my brother tomorrow, and it's a 35 minute drive each way. not trying to do it back to back
It's only ~ an hour away which is within my traveling area. As long as it's not up by Chicago. Tonight is a No go for me. Date night with the Girlfriend. Late works for me. I'll be watching this thread and if you'd like to find me on FB i'm pretty sure my link is in my profile. Or I can PM it to you and give you my number. (No offense taken if Ripple is uncomfortable with not letting someone he doesn't know over. I can understand that completely!)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I don't think he is, but the last thing I want to do is be inviting people to his house and speaking on his behalf.
I'm gunna PM you my number, hit me up there, and i'll keep you notified and involved with scheduling

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
my car broke down so I have to be taken over to champaign today. sorry guys, another time. :(

Tomacawk

Smash Master
given the circumstances I'll skip out this time as well. soon doe. is there an upcoming tournament before the big house?

Chaosphere

Smash Rookie
hey guys,

Peoria smash noob here. I'm grabbing the game tonight or tomorrow. Looking to take this very seriously. I've been playing fighting games competitively for a few years now and really want to focus on smash after watching evo and the documentary. If any of you wanna hit me up for some games, definitely do it. I'm a quick learner and have great execution. But obviously I'm going to start off with some growing pains. I certainly don't mind getting my face stomped in. It's the fastest way to learn the game.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
welcome dude I'd love to play sometime. I live in the Springfield, IL area and am a smash veteran. I have also played a fair amount of 3s, sf4, and umvc3

there are some established and skilled players in peoria, particularly @ GooeyBanana GooeyBanana @ Dart! Dart! who recently posted these messages in case you missed it:
I'm still around, it's just this thread has been awful dead and Smashboards has been DDOS'd every time I have thought about posting on here.

Actually, there's still quite a few people that play, just our schedules are rather sporadic so it's hard to set up a date for >2-3 of us to meet up all at once. Dart is up in the Chicago area besides for the weekends mostly, Andale and Hindawg seem to be mainly focusing on schooling but are down to Smash in the Peoria area occasionally, Black Panther & I play pretty often, yet still on and off, because our schedules seem to work well together, and then Pr0n and Modern/Studly/Lilly show up usually every other week.

I'll try to update the OP sometime soon.

EDIT: Okay, I was in class so that was a pretty quick post :p This will be another because I'm actually about to go over to BP's to play with pr0n and him lel. If you guys want Bloomington/Normal Smasher information added here as I imagine you guys don't have your own thread yet(admit I haven't looked =/ FB has taken over a lot lol), I'd be more than happy to add it if you provide it to me. I'd probably keep personal info to PMs/FB, but that's your own prerogative. I'm sure all of us would be fine with sharing our #s tho to keep in touch! From what I understand, there seems to be a jumbled up assortment of players in the BloNo area, so it'd be nice to help unite some of y'all and get some smashfests goin.
If you guys need to get ahold of me. 309-696-5934

Feel free to text or call if you are interested in smashing or have questions.

Chaosphere

Smash Rookie
welcome dude I'd love to play sometime. I live in the Springfield, IL area and am a smash veteran. I have also played a fair amount of 3s, sf4, and umvc3

there are some established and skilled players in peoria, particularly @ GooeyBanana GooeyBanana @ Dart! Dart! who recently posted these messages in case you missed it:

Hey man, thanks for the response. I'd like to get together to play sometime too.... although right now I'm still working on some pretty basic stuff so I'd like to get that stuff down first. Still having a hard time translating what I want my character to do in my mind to my hands. Do you happen to have facebook or anything where I could add you? I actually have a ton of questions about using the controller/moving around/etc if you wouldn't mind me asking some questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom