• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Alright, so I just moved into the central IL area, haven't been to a tournament in a year, and possibly looking to get a restart into the community.

I see a couple of you in here that I've met before (Ripple and Chewyy) so it's cool to see some familiar faces.

Anyway, how often does anyone get together during the summer?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
We actually just played last night. Most of us are in the Peoria area, which would be about an hour closer for you than Springfield if you're in Streator. Both Springfield and Peoria seem to have been picking up on activity lately. Most of Peoria's crew appear to express interest in going to tourneys this summer. We'll usually Smash a couple times a week, and usually to pretty late hours.

Who's your main? Marth :p?

AnDante

Smash Cadet
yo dawg, we heard that you liked being active. So we started becoming active so active people can make this board more active to have more active smashers be more active.

btw, whose all going to FC? I'm pretty much confirmed if I have another person come with

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I don't think I'm going to make it to FC unless I pull off something ridiculous. I'd need to be on leave of absence for >3 days, and I conveniently need my wisdom teeth pulled. Heard the pain only lasts for 2 days, but I may try and whine it off for the whole weekend and go :p Actually, I'm moreover interested in taking a weekend day off soon to go to a tourney. Any Chicago tourneys or anything going on within the next couple weeks that anyone would want to go to?

legion598

Smash Ace
I have no idea if I can go to FC or not it entirely depends on if i have the money by then. probably more realistic for me to go to a smashing grounds but there is a chance i can go to FC

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Aight y'all, we should like, record or something the next few times we play. I kinda wanna make a combo video, been wanting to mess around with video editing and whatnot.

AnDante

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a date

You guys wanna plan a trip to a Chicago tourney or something while I'm back?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Whats up? I'm a friend of Dart's. The bar that I go to, in the St Louis area for other fighting game tournaments wants to try to get Melee stuff going, wanted to see if there was any interest for it. The day after, is a semi-major St Louis area tournament for the other big fighting games, if anyone is interested to stick around and play/watch it. If anyone wants more details, shoot me a message here, or look for me on FB, add me and contact me there. Luke Moritz (Cheesecake is my alternate name)

Dart!

Smash Master
If anyone wants to contact me that doesn't have my number just ask me in a PM we're playing melee on the regular again but we don't have certain days for Hook ups so just shoot me a message and ill keep you posted

m0dern

Smash Rookie
Whats up? I'm a friend of Dart's. The bar that I go to, in the St Louis area for other fighting game tournaments wants to try to get Melee stuff going, wanted to see if there was any interest for it. The day after, is a semi-major St Louis area tournament for the other big fighting games, if anyone is interested to stick around and play/watch it. If anyone wants more details, shoot me a message here, or look for me on FB, add me and contact me there. Luke Moritz (Cheesecake is my alternate name)
How often do you guys organize tournaments :p

Roux

Smash Journeyman
How often do you guys organize tournaments :p
I am not with BarWarz, but I'm hoping to organize more STL tourneys in the future; some with the BarWarz group, and some just on our own. Hylian is interested in starting up some regular P:M tourneys, so we may piggy-back off each other and combine P:M & Melee tourneys and such. As for me, I don't have the time to organize these as frequently as monthlies. We'll see how it evolves, but I'm hoping to host a small-medium tourney about once per season. I'll advertise future events across the immediate region once I know I can actually run a tourney :awesome:, so we'll keep Peoria posted.

AnDante

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys, didn't know how to tell you all. But I'm officially done with smash. Too much real life stuff is getting in the way.

But good luck at Evo, Dart!

Top Bottom