• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

shrillbert

Smash Apprentice
Honestly guys, if anyone ever desperately needs a job...I can keep an eye out at work for when training classes pop up. Really all you do is listen to people *****/praise about McDonald's **** lol. There's other accounts like Ryder, Zipcar, etc too so the place is almost always hiring since there's two whole separate buildings full of accounts. Pretty easy to score 40 hours a week...Thing is, if I referred you, you'd more than likely be guaranteed a job since I'm a supervisor now, but you'd have to be staying those first 3 months(and then some to be nice...I'm not in it for the bonus for staying 3 months, I just don't want to look bad lol, plain an d simple =P)

I'm sure no one's interested at the moment, but the offer's up if anyone's ever interested.

EDIT: Btw, it pays $9.25 an hour and $0.75 extra weekend premiums on my account when you start out lol.
Up here such things don't exist. Ironically the franchisee for all the McDonald's around here is in Lacon, but Lacon has no McDonald's of it's own.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Aight, well I'll ask for anyone interested next time I pop in work. They usually conduct training classes of like 10, and that's really only done depending on if we've fired enough people or enough people have quit so that we need to re-hire. Atm we're looking sorta stable, but who knows what will happen when Monopoly starts lol...I can't guarantee something on my account will be available RIGHT away, but I'll certainly look into it for ya guys =D

I need to Smash with peepz again >_< Dayum being busy! I'd totez Smash tomorrow if Workaholics Season 2 didn't start tomorrow night ;)

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, well they're asking to send out employee referrals now, so that means at LEAST one account is hiring, although that may not be on my account(McDonalds). Which can be a good thing...because McDonald's gets stressful lol. But yeah, my word'll probably get you a spot...you just have to make sure to not like...get fired or quit uber early unless for serious reasons.

ORLY

Smash Master
scar's totally a nice guy

i went to in and out burger with him and he was super chill

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hey guys, kind of iffy on me going to SCSYN...mainly due to lack of money. I didn't realize I had so much crap to pay off, and I need a new car by winter or I'm screwed. I'll try to work a miracle but I'm not guaranteeing anything. Here's hoping I can still go...

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Hey serious question y'all:

I'm going to be having two interviews at SIU-Springfield in November and December for surgical residency. Do any of you live nearby, could I possibly stay at your place for 1-2 days? We can definitely play a little after I finish my interviews before I leave.

Dart!

Smash Master
I live an hour and 20 mins from there...you're welcome to stay if you're willing to be that far from your base of ops.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
So does anyone know the situation on Sakurai? Josh, I vaguely remember you saying you might have a chance at going...but I could've been hearing things. Otherwise, Anthony said he might be able to drive.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Considering playing Sheik again. I enjoy doing useless things like platform wavelands with Falcon too much to be able to effectively use him in tourney. See: SCSYN. Platform wavelanded myself into not getting out of pools xD

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
She's far easier to get kills with, that's for sure T_T All I need is help with Falco cause I can't get innnnn! And oddly enough, Marf o_O

Someone needs to give me some of that DK vs. Sheik experience too. Me being DK ;P He's so fun!

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
She's far easier to get kills with, that's for sure T_T All I need is help with Falco cause I can't get innnnn! And oddly enough, Marf o_O

Someone needs to give me some of that DK vs. Sheik experience too. Me being DK ;P He's so fun!
Come to Springfield and play me I need people to play. Same goes for you Josh. As well as anyone else in this thread who wants to :)

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how the crew's activity is going atm, but I know that Black Panther and I play occasionally, especially with 2 more weeks of winter break left. You can catch me at 369-3870 and we can probz set something up in the Peoria area =) I'm sure there's 1-2 other people that are still willing to play, and I'm really looking to get some practice in when I can for a tourney within the next month or two since I now have the hours to take days off again.

Speaking of which, crew, is anyone up for any tourneys soon? I would love to go to SWEET V in Ann Arbor, MI or another HD if that's going to happen! Only problem is...rides. I'm still driving the Grand Am for awhile, and its tires like to explode when they go beyond 100 miles of distance. Who is even playing anymore btw? I feel like Peoria is dying

AnDante

Smash Cadet
Our crew is like dead now, just get one of our numbers and we'll prolly play. I haven't been in touch with anyone in a month since i've been out of town haha but if anyone wanna get together i'll be down whenever this week

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'd say that Rashad, Adam and myself all play semi-regularly still. I see them at least once to twice a week lol. Plus, I'm always playing by myself against them dayum CPUs. Lemme know when you're free Anthony. I'm typically gonna be available after 8 PM besides for Wed and Thurs that I have off

ORLY

Smash Master
tournament at CoD next weekend, for all you peoria / champaign dudes

action jackson

Top Bottom