• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Dart!

Smash Master
you got this...also, are you and tom willing to do a crew battle with deku atma and myself vs tink kels kage and whomever else?

Dart!

Smash Master
Making a good player fund for Nicknyte. the ticket is 300, if any of you guys on the crew are down to support let me know!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I want to go to a tourney before school starts *sulk*...Once school starts, I can't go to one until either Winter break or some random holiday...which won't be a true holiday at Affina so I probably still won't be able to go to one. *sigh*

Dart!

Smash Master
well i work at 5 pm on saturday. which means i won't be able to stay for singles and barely be able to finish doubles. sorry.

shrillbert

Smash Apprentice
I can't either. I don't even have Melee at the moment, though I hope to get it before the next Gen starts. Then too I need to replace my Brawl CD as it's nearly worn out.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ayoooo....we need to cram friendly seshes whenever possible this semester peepz. I may be available like a couple times a week at least...we have like...7-8 people around here now, we should play moarrrrr....and get moar setupzzzz.....I'll bring my Cube!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ayoooo....we need to cram friendly seshes whenever possible this semester peepz. I may be available like a couple times a week at least...we have like...7-8 people around here now, we should play moarrrrr....and get moar setupzzzz.....I'll bring my Cube!
only if you're serious in playing peach now

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I DUNNO WHO I'M PLAYING YET. I'm in the awkward controller change stage again...honestly, my Peach/Falcon/Sheik/(Falco and Fox when I'm not SD'ing...) all feel like they could be my main if I just focused on one...I'm currently trying some new **** with Falcon so I may re-main him...which will mean a new color change =P But I dunno...Peach is fun if done right >=P inb4dsmashisfunrite?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Idk mang. Busy with school & work I s'pose. Practicing tech skill with Falcon/Peach/Roy regularly...progressively getting worse with Falco as I get better as Fox again...haven't touched Sheik because she is god awfully boring to play as alone.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok, apparently I'm a boss and have a lot of earned time built up. Even better, QA's calendar will be frozen once Monopoly starts late September till late October, so that means I'll accumulate even more earned time during that because I can't request any days off. With that being said, in November I should be able to go to a tourney xD Needta find a sizeable tourney to request the weekend off for ;P

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Honestly guys, if anyone ever desperately needs a job...I can keep an eye out at work for when training classes pop up. Really all you do is listen to people *****/praise about McDonald's **** lol. There's other accounts like Ryder, Zipcar, etc too so the place is almost always hiring since there's two whole separate buildings full of accounts. Pretty easy to score 40 hours a week...Thing is, if I referred you, you'd more than likely be guaranteed a job since I'm a supervisor now, but you'd have to be staying those first 3 months(and then some to be nice...I'm not in it for the bonus for staying 3 months, I just don't want to look bad lol, plain an d simple =P)

I'm sure no one's interested at the moment, but the offer's up if anyone's ever interested.

EDIT: Btw, it pays $9.25 an hour and $0.75 extra weekend premiums on my account when you start out lol.

Dart!

Smash Master
Honestly guys, if anyone ever desperately needs a job...I can keep an eye out at work for when training classes pop up. Really all you do is listen to people *****/praise about McDonald's **** lol. There's other accounts like Ryder, Zipcar, etc too so the place is almost always hiring since there's two whole separate buildings full of accounts. Pretty easy to score 40 hours a week...Thing is, if I referred you, you'd more than likely be guaranteed a job since I'm a supervisor now, but you'd have to be staying those first 3 months(and then some to be nice...I'm not in it for the bonus for staying 3 months, I just don't want to look bad lol, plain an d simple =P)

I'm sure no one's interested at the moment, but the offer's up if anyone's ever interested.

EDIT: Btw, it pays $9.25 an hour and $0.75 extra weekend premiums on my account when you start out lol.
Give me about a week or two after i've tried elsewhere...thanks man :)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

my roommate desperately needs one. he's staying with me for free atm and has applied everywhere with no luck.

with that said he'd need a place to stay for awhile if he were to live in peoria. but after awhile I'm sure he could find his own place if need be

Top Bottom