• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

legion598

Smash Ace
tekken has intense pressure when ur getting tech-chased, juggled, wall trapped or otherwise getting ur **** wrecked unlike street fighter were ur generally safe like 80 % of the time if ur playing a good character. not to mention street fighter is about half as intricate in design as tekken is and I wasnt aware that animations make a game thats like saying all the previous street fighters sucked because the animations all had like 3 transitional frames

D

Deleted member

lol, well I'm sure the metagame isn't totally horrible, I just think alot of the aesthetics are bad and make the game look sorta crude. And the whole 3d thing...ehh... I understand the concept behind tech chasing and whatnot but it just looks and feels clunky to me. And alot of things in street fighter aren't safe, even with the good characters. All of ryus specials except fullscreen fireball are unsafe and even then some characters like viper can punish a fullscreen fireball on reaction with heavy seismic hammer. Sure you can FADC a blocked shoryuken to make it pretty much safe but it's still wasting 2 bars, which are extremely valuable in ssf4 and could decide a match.

hah on a lighter note how did that tournament go? lol

kourck

Smash Cadet
And even going for a shoryuken with the intention of FADCing to make it safe if blocked, or combo into ultra if it hits, isn't safe, if your opponent thinks you're going to do it, because they can backdash and make the shoryuken whiff.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion

kourck

Smash Cadet
It's hard to say. Do you mean the venue itself (PPW) or the guys who run the tournament (PPWTournament)? There was quite a lot of room in the room we were using, we had 3 setups (2 ps3, 1 360) and there was room for at least twice that. So in other words, if you want to come and bring, for example, a Tekken 6 or Melee setup, in addition to attending the tournament, I doubt the TO would mind, though you'd probably want to make sure first. On the other hand, if you're wondering about hosting a melee tournament, that might be harder to say, because we were just in the side room they use for hosting large parties of people; the Pizza Works part was still open, and a few people came in during the course of the tournament to eat. We were in seperated rooms, but if you had a bunch of loud *** smashers, that would probably be an issue.

D

Deleted member

hey kourck how far did you get in the last tournament? Also how exactly do they run the tournament with a bunch of different consoles? Also do they have friendlies or anything after words?

kourck

Smash Cadet
I got 3rd. The only people who really have console-specific needs are those who use console pads; stick players could just ask to borrow someone else's stick for a match to accomodate. Most stick-users have TEs, which are the same no matter the console. There was a custom "stick" if you will that was with the 360 station, it was a 2-player double bat top, true arcade machine style.

We were doing friendlies before the tournament for a while, and then after the first few people got knocked out of the tournament, one of the PS3 stations opened up for casuals. Unfortunately, after the tournament was over, we had to pack up. I was wanting to stick around and money match the Ryu player I lost to, since I was pretty sure the short break I had to think over why I lost had given me enough ammo to beat him, and if he's there again I'm definitely going after my bike money.

Dart!

Smash Master
I noticed alot of people who like Super also play barlw...

anyways, good stuff at MAS guys. we did well

Dave, what the hell man you turned it ON i'm dead serious. game one i was scared, no ****, scared.
Anthony good stuff, you should have beat tink :/

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I guess I just turned it on because I was pissed about losing to Vro`s Marth when I know I should`ve won. Gooey suicides ftl =(. Second match was dumb though lol, I got gayed like once and just lost my mindset I spose.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Yea, i should have beat tink >_<. It was a gg. really close set. no johns
As for kels, I just screwed up way too many times. Falco dittos>>> soo fun and one screw up can mean a whole stock.

Dart!

Smash Master
Yea, i should have beat tink >_<. It was a gg. really close set. no johns
As for kels, I just screwed up way too many times. Falco dittos>>> soo fun and one screw up can mean a whole stock.
*wags finger* next time i'll just have to beat you and then step up to tink and kels and show you how its really done ;)

you'll have to teach me falco though, so our crew can hate my playstyle too :)

Dart!

Smash Master
Still gotta MM all yall. Wouldn't mind teaming with one of you either. Anyone go on AIM often?
robeinsux13 im always on mobile so if you want to talk just drop me an aim...someone erased the file on my comp so the only way i can talk is if you aim me first XD. btw, do you wanna team at some of those vro zones? :laugh:

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
my aim is an8676. I'm on at random.

Btw @ Adam, you should play Josh, he's pretty gay with Beak(?).

Oro?!

Smash Hero
robeinsux13 im always on mobile so if you want to talk just drop me an aim...someone erased the file on my comp so the only way i can talk is if you aim me first XD. btw, do you wanna team at some of those vro zones? :laugh:
Fo sho, I really don't like singles too much, but I **** in doubles. Marth/Sheik is hella gay too.:laugh:

AIM= Bzoo09

Dart!

Smash Master
Bzoo your falcon is really solid. in fact all the falcons lately are making the matchup more and more even with your reads and FINISHED combos. plus every grab is being used really well. I can see why the matchup is "even" for the most part now.
except for tink. hahaha i ***** his falcon.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
At least you agree with me that the MU is even. Some people even say it is 60-40 Falcon. I felt really bad about both my doubles and singles performances, but maybe you will see some true Falcon **** from me next time. Unfortunately, I've been thinking more and more about just going Falco/Sheik, or Marth/Sheik, because Kels makes Falcons feel really bad... The dude beats Darkrain every time, what hope do I have?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Well, if it serves as any consolation, Darkrain's performance has kind of been stagnating if not declining as of lately if you ask me. Now, put Kels up against Hax or SS and we might have a different case. I hate to say it but Darkrain does seem to be losing his interest in this game from what I've been seeing/hearing. I just wish Hax wasn't a douchebag 12 year old that occasionally brags about how he smokes weed errrdayyy =/

I'd almost say go Falco/Sheik, just for the fact that...well, generally people who are better skillwise will have an equally ownage Falcon. For example, Mang0 & M2K's Falcons **** and they don't even main him. Just keep an updated knowledge of Falcon's metagame and it'll be all gewd ;)

Dart!

Smash Master
At least you agree with me that the MU is even. Some people even say it is 60-40 Falcon. I felt really bad about both my doubles and singles performances, but maybe you will see some true Falcon **** from me next time. Unfortunately, I've been thinking more and more about just going Falco/Sheik, or Marth/Sheik, because Kels makes Falcons feel really bad... The dude beats Darkrain every time, what hope do I have?
From what i hear not alot of people were playing that well...
Anthony, Tink and Scythe i know were. i wasn't, kels says he wasn't and so do you. i know cosmo was off too.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Anthony lit it up. No offense to him, but I have seen Cosmo 3 stock Kels' Falco a few times in grand finals. By the transitive property of awesome, Anthony should've gotten wrecked. Also, I played Kels' Fox/Falco for 5+ hours yesterday at the Vro Zone, and he was treating friendlies like the ****ing superbowl. He was showing no mercy, playing gay, and 3 stocking Tink. He used Falco in a crew battle at the Vro Zone, and took 17 out of 20 stocks. He might have gotten 20 if Looshkin didn't take the first 3.

Kels88

Smash Lord
lmao. I don't remember cosmo ever 3-stocking me in Grand Finals. And i definitely think that Darkrain's falcon is still the best. I played SS and Darkrain in friendlies at pound 4 and Darkrain was definitely harder.

Edit: I don't play gay. That's just what happens when my tech skill is on point.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
lmao. I don't remember cosmo ever 3-stocking me in Grand Finals. And i definitely think that Darkrain's falcon is still the best. I played SS and Darkrain in friendlies at pound 4 and Darkrain was definitely harder.

Edit: I don't play gay. That's just what happens when my tech skill is on point.
You obviously don't remember rage quitting Falco, and going all Fox then.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Please don't use the word "****" in a thread title. I inserted something else for now.

Top Bottom