• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Dart

Smash Lord
i wish this was Ptowns melee discussion. thats what smashboards is about no?

hastule play melee. then lets talk about ssf4 ;P

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Uhhh, I haven't even worked on it >_<, i've been playing too many friendlies this week. And now i have to study for AP tests. Next friday hopefully.

D

Deleted member

haha what AP tests are you taking? I'm taking the AP psychology test

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
AP calculus and literature composition. They didn't offer psychology. I would've definately taken that. Not really looking forward to this at all.

D

Deleted member

Me and lucas were talking a few weeks ago and we were thinking maybe sometime we should have a big get together and play melee and SSF4. No guarantee's I would start playing for real, but I would be willing to at least play melee with you guys for the time being. Maybe you guys could show me some of the basics so I'm at least a competent player haha

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Would you by chance...want to main IC's =D? You should start watching vids to get a feel of who you'd like to play as.

Top/high tier mains...
Fox - Mango, Jman, Eggm, Unknown552
Marth - M2K, HBK/Heartbreakkid, IB, Teczer0
Sheik - M2K, Teczer0, AMSAH(omg look at his Pound 4 vids), Kirbykaze, Overtriforce, Vanz
Falco - Mango, Zhu, DaShizWiz
Peach - Armada, Vanz, Macd, Pink Shinobi
Falcon - Darkrain, Silent Spectre, Hax, Scar, Nes N00b
Jigglypuff - Mango, Hungrybox, Darc, Vanz
Ice Climbers - Chudat, Fly Amanita, Trail, Wobbles
Samus - Hugs, Ihavespaceballs, Watty
Ganon - Kage, Linguini

Uh yeah, brownie points if I got all the characters in their correct tier order, although I'm pretty sure Ganon is down a tier but idc. And btw, has anyone ever heard Dogysammich's commentary? It is amazing rofl

EDIT: Dudley's only charge move is Lightning Bolt, pretty sure.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, lightning bolt is the move I'm thinking of. And of course I'd play IC's hahaha :p

hahaha,now that I think about it. Lightning Bolt is dudley's ONLY crossup lolz.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
****....I REALLY hate charge moves too xP I guess it's no biggie seeing as it's just one. Still working on incorporating actually non special moves into my arsenal, it seems like every match I fight, both of us are just using special moves >_<

D

Deleted member

haha I know what you mean. I would experiment with what normal moves make good anti airs and be sure to use them often. For example, The shoto's have an AMAZING anti-air Cr.HPs. Those beat out EVERYTHING I swear

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Blahhh I was almost scared for a second, I thought the Steamboat Classic race was on the 26th which would've meant I had no chance of making it to PoE3 xD Butttt it's on the 19th so we're all good, I just hope my new job can handle me requesting the 19th, 26th, and July 1-8th off =P

studly

Smash Ace
the exact deal i hade with aaron was that if we all got together and played .. we sould spend some time on sf and hed have to spend some time on melee

and bam

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
I would love a springfield thread, but I feel it would be me, ripple, once in a while oranos, and then peoria, so we might as well just keep posting in peoria thread

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I would love a springfield thread, but I feel it would be me, ripple, once in a while oranos, and then peoria, so we might as well just keep posting in peoria thread
Why would I only post every "once in a while"? (no mention of Luke?) I'd post much more frequently in a thread that's actually relevant to me at nearly all times. Let's face it, there was a point where this thread was mainly (a Peoria player, most likely Anthony/Dart/Gooey)'s spam and random replies from people in the area.

Imo, if we do a thread, it should be focused on our "monthly" tournaments. It would allow us to frequently update the thread and people wouldn't have to subscribe to new therads to hear we're hosting another tournament.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Why would I only post every "once in a while"? (no mention of Luke?) I'd post much more frequently in a thread that's actually relevant to me at nearly all times. Let's face it, there was a point where this thread was mainly (a Peoria player, most likely Anthony/Dart/Gooey)'s spam and random replies from people in the area.
I love how you address me by name and not by alias. :psycho:

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Welp today I accomplished...typical tech skill practice on CPUs for Melee.

As far as SSFIV goes, I grabbed a Ryu right as he used his ultra, so the Metsu Hadoken clearly went through me because he was in muh grab ;) Anddddd I hit a silly Ken with my Ultra 2 while he thought he'd be a smartass and chip damage KO me with an EX tatsu. It would've worked had he just tried to do that thing called uh...jumping? and then EX tatsu crossing me up or normal tatsu, whatever the eff crosses up >_< Oh yeah, and EX Jet Uppers through some character's ultras is pretty lol worthy too =P

Overall, not a bad day.

D

Deleted member

sigh, I wish I had live :( I'm actually just borrowing my friends xbox to play super lol. I'm tempted to buy live for him though just so I can play this online. I did manage to get some good practice in with makoto and ibuki. While I still suck with them I definitely have a grasp on a few important concepts for them so I guess I'm off to a good start haha.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I can't do ish tonight, sorryzzzz =/

And as far as Ibuki goes, try practicing this technique thing. Do her neck breaker, then wait a slight second, then super jump and do a lp kunai that either crosses up or just hits them in the front, doesn't really matter, and then do the lp, mp, hp target combo then if that hits, use neck breaker again to combo and proceed with more ****. If they block all this, just like super jump backwards after the target combo or something like that. I'm still rocking Dudley, he's a nice man.

D

Deleted member

haha see I keep trying to do little tricks like that but I don't know how to time it properly. Everytime I do I land with too much lag to keep them in block/hitstun so I get uppercutted or something lol. Idk when to throw the kunai or anything like that hahaha.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
no smash for me tonight.
and i just ordered another capture card.

Dart

Smash Lord
No one better john out of POE3! I got housing with Peef like you guys, so you better get ready to get ***** for an entire night by PSFM come June.
Well, if all else fails im guaranteed to go. So at least i will make it. for sure. >_>

Dart

Smash Lord
You sound so reassured that your crew is going.
I highly doubt even half the amount of people we think is going will actually go. Something will come up. guaranteed

btw i just bought super get at me.

Guy is boring as hell.Shoryuken is still gay as hell. I haven't seen as many shotos online as i thought i would though surprise surprise. live is stupid, i haven't tried offline with actual people yet so i won't judge too harshly just yet.

D

Deleted member

haha josh, honestly I sorta feel the same about guy. I've seen some videos though that showed some pretty interesting mixups of his, but I feel like he's just a bit sluggish you know? And shoryukens, yeah they still have their invincibility and whatnot but have you looked at the damage? Now if someone randomly shoryukens you lose much MUCH less health than you would in the last game. To put things into perspective, Sagats heavy uppercut used to do 180 or 190 damage,now it only does 100. Same goes for cannon spike and other moves like that. So when you get randomly srked dont let your morale down cause you're still in the fight.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Typically, if you get lp SRK'd by Dudley, you're eating a hp one too lolz, so I'm assuming the damage would be dumb from him. I really don't find shotos all THAT hard and SRK isn't even what annoys me about them anymore. Wakeup SRKs put a smile on my face =) Blocking is very tough in this game *sarcasm*

And PoE3 is still looking good for me. Should know if I can go by Thursday.

D

Deleted member

haha yeah wakeup srk's are pretty predictable. If you block enough of them they will probably be conditioned to NOT wakeup srk and then you can punish them with some tricks of your own like overhead or command throw or something like that. Hah, With viper I just destroy srk spammers so hard. I should probably start practicing with my old characters again to not get rusty haha. These past few days I've been playing alot but I've just kinda been casual just to get a feel for the new characters and relax for awhile. Without Live, I don't have any competition really. My friend drake is really good at vanilla sf4 but he's been grounded so I have no one to play hah

Oh yeah, and with dudley I'm pretty sure you are right haha. I know from a target combo you can end it with lp srk then hp srk, but keep in mind the HP srk will only hit 1 out of the 2 hits, so the damage isnt quite ****. IMO Dudley lacks many useful tools and has horrible range, so I think he deserves his juggles if he gets in close. But man, once he gets in close....

Dart

Smash Lord
haha yeah wakeup srk's are pretty predictable. If you block enough of them they will probably be conditioned to NOT wakeup srk and then you can punish them with some tricks of your own like overhead or command throw or something like that. Hah, With viper I just destroy srk spammers so hard. I should probably start practicing with my old characters again to not get rusty haha. These past few days I've been playing alot but I've just kinda been casual just to get a feel for the new characters and relax for awhile. Without Live, I don't have any competition really. My friend drake is really good at vanilla sf4 but he's been grounded so I have no one to play hah

Oh yeah, and with dudley I'm pretty sure you are right haha. I know from a target combo you can end it with lp srk then hp srk, but keep in mind the HP srk will only hit 1 out of the 2 hits, so the damage isnt quite ****. IMO Dudley lacks many useful tools and has horrible range, so I think he deserves his juggles if he gets in close. But man, once he gets in close....
Aaron uses the word haha and its variations about as much as a teenage girl says like

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lool. I was too lazy to read that, but i did notice the haha's

D

Deleted member

I've been told something similar to that before lol. But yeah as I said, SRK's aren't really gay anymore. It's a little frustrating for a second then you get your head back in the game and you're set. It's not like 4 where one random SRK decided the match,especially in sagats case. Or better yet, a TRADE shoryuken from Ryu into his ultra. Cause for some reason, Ryu deserved to land his ultra if he took damage rather than getting off scot-free.

But in Super, Capcom got things right

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'm trying to think, which target combo of Dudley's combos into lp SRK? I still haven't worked them into his game much besides for like...the lk, mk, mp, hp target combo which is my favorite for using on their block for some reason lolz. Also I did target combo 1 to super to win Saturday afternoon, it made me lol. Only thing that sucks is that you're right about Dudley's range. It sucks =(....if only I could get used to charging I'd switch to Balrog, but charging is so UGHHHHH

And darn dangit I didn't get to Smash at all this past week because I got sick on Sunday and had to work someone's shift on Saturday =(((( Definitely need to Smash this week, maybe even today? I dunno though, I gots to work out today which may take up all my free time.

D

Deleted member

the combo is lp mp mk LP upper, HP upper. It feels really satisfying to land and it's fun. And I agree when it comes to charge characters. Like,...ugh, I can sorta play competently with some charge characters but I can't do anything special. It just feels awkward. I wish I was used to charge moves so I could play Gen.

Dart

Smash Lord
i lol'ed

good ****

those of you that John out of PoE 3 without a 100% legit john, You will be dead to me.
Just so you know, my mom is leaving for iraq June 9th. i told her about it and she told me to look at train tickets so obviously she doesn't want me to john out because of her. But i need your help getting **** setup because...the closest train to your hood is an hour away. idk about buses.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Train rides sound engaging. I can't wait to make up a story about finding a hot chick that loves Melee then surprise snapshotting a babe at the nearest McDonalds. Lolz >=P.

And I feel like a black Wario when I play Dudley with costume #10. It's so cool ^_^

Top Bottom