• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
dub post (cuz i'm gangsta):

We should definately start biweeklies. I say: we switch around hosts, like first person to host chooses the next person to host and then he chooses the next person to host etc or we could just nominate someone.... I'll start it, so, what day and time u guys wanna do it this weekend and and whose place? I'm good for whatever....

EDIT: everyone meet at Rashad's when he's free >>> don't we usually do that?

chewyy

Smash Ace
Is anyone from Peorialand coming to CoF?

I might have space in my car for anyone that needs a ride and Peoria isn't that far out of the way from Springfield to Chicago.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
whats CoF? Captain of Falcons? =P

Nah i don't really want to, If there was a melee event or Modern Warfare event, I would definately go

btw, anyone know of a MW tournament anywhere? I wanna go to 1

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Just going to say, my opinion about MW2 has changed completely since I played some actually good teams on Gamebattles. Last night we played Team Fear who was the #1 CoD4 National Champions of MLG in 2008 and #3 this year. Needless to say, one situation I was in I was proning in Karachi and looking down a hallway to this staircase, thinking I'd kill them like they're pub noobs. Completely wrong, Pacman goes up the staircase, sprints to the hall and like does some circular jump strafe and headshots me. 4-1'd us in Karachi SnD and then 9-0'd us in Terminal CTF. Fun times....

I've been wanting to Smash but I've been trying to save gas since I'm losing money substantially to fees this past month. Rashad needs to start playing some more, I like playing his Fox too much I think lol.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Counter Strike (any version except for Source)
Halo 1
Gears 1 wat

the only 3 shooter games you need. Its all down Hill from there.
Too much camping in MW2.

Melee > MW2 wat
I really dunno if I can trust you as a reliable resource for opinions on shooters :dizzy:

What's your GT Gooey? I guess I'll have to check in again to see if I even can do GB ladders anymore lol

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Gears 2 is terrible

MW 2 is NOT a bad game its just < The top Tier Shooters.

CoD 1 > CoD 2 > CoD 3 > CoD MW 2 > CoD MW > CoD WaW

edit

CS 1.5 > CS 1.6 >/= Halo 1 > Gears of War 1 > A steaming pile of **** > Gears of War 2

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Gears 2 is terrible

MW 2 is NOT a bad game its just < The top Tier Shooters.

CoD 1 > CoD 2 > CoD 3 LOLWUT > CoD MW 2 > CoD MW Better than 2 atm potna minus it missing LAN viability > CoD WaW

edit

CS 1.5 > CS 1.6 >/= Halo 1 > Gears of War 1 It wasn't THAT good > A steaming pile of **** > Gears of War 2
I'm with Oranos, I'm not going to accept your opinions on FPS's anymore rofl. The Halo's greatness goes in order from CE being the best to 3 being the worst. Same goes for Gears. Same goes for MW FOR NOW. I could think of worse FPS's than Gears 2 *cough* Battlefield Bad Company *cough* Where the frank is Shadowrun on your list of FPS's? That game is ****ing amazing.

Hey Oranos, do you remember LegendJRG from 2007 Halo 2 MLG? He was on Nice Like Rice, I think he was the leader actually...well...just played him in the Gamestop MW2 ladder...got 2-1'd by them *sigh* Last match we were tied 2-2 in Terminal CTF and ofc the rules are dumb and it's first touch wins...BLAHHHH smokes. Straight wrecked them on Highrise SnD lolol. JRG went sniper first round and sat in spawn but I was a sneaky beaver and gave him the BACK...shot baby woo! Yay for us never getting host and their host never dying when I was shooting him in crucial moments on the Demolition and CTF matches ;_;

Typical Gooey post.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I never played shadowrun for real real, but i can promise you thats its only as good as it is because people loved the multiplayer. Without playing it a ton im pretty sure the core gameplay was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr below CS Gears Halo.

Thats fine you guys can not listen to me about shooters. But go read any review about CS/Gears 1/Halo 1 and find me a review that gives it less than a 9/10, from someone other than joebob in his basement that cant beat the splinter cell training.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Gears 1 will never be heralded as an amazing game, and that's coming from someone who used to play it fluently. Sure, it was good, but it was not anywhere near the old CS's or Halo:CE's greatness.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Grenades = lol in Gunz. More like dual shotties w/ sword just flying up walls while half step slash shooting the **** out of noobs lololol. Makes me want to redownload the game. Too bad my butterfly would be very poor, I miss the days when I could do dbfly in a perfect circle around people, good times, good times...

chewyy

Smash Ace
Lol, I know right? Yeah, the grenade thing is just a joke. Smoke grenades just cause everything to lag like hell because of all the particles...
I was a rocket/pistol n00b. I felt too "mainstream" using shotties lol.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Then go hella pro and either dagger style or just use revolvers instead hahaha. Or if you're the best in the world, single pistols for both your guns. Pro.

Edit: It was fun K-styling with a rifle and smg back in the day lolol. Hour long fights ftw!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm just kind of ****ting my pants how we took them to game 3 and CTF went to overtime and we could've been their only loss in the Gamestop 4v4 ladder play v_v

I've got 2 nukes now btw lololol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
oh btw, i'm pretty much free all week. so just gimme a call. text w./e anytime.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
anyone free thursday? lets get back on to the topic of smash por favor.
I heard you were pretty bad with that Marth guy in Melee, anybody else care to agree? (I also heard you suck with that totally broken Snake guy in Brawl, but at least you don't try in that game, amirite)

;)

Oh yeah, would any of you guys be down for coming down for TIMS IV? (a smaller TIMS, like 1&2) As usual, we're not really sure where it's gonna be right now... but I'll keep something updated.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Evansville (atleast me) will be able to come to TIMS after the new year. After Pound 4 that is.

I know Source isnt THAT bad.
But I think its worse when you dont base it on its own merit (when you compare it to Other CS's before it.)

Just like Gears 2 would be a better game if you didnt compare it to Gears 1.

studly

Smash Ace
anyone free thursday? lets get back on to the topic of smash por favor.
thats thanksgiving fool .. im def not gona b free then

I heard you were pretty bad with that Marth guy in Melee, anybody else care to agree?
Agreed!! josh is a horrible marth :p

lol josh im free tonight and friday or saturday maybe.

tho i need practice on Anthony or Sam's Falco..

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
TIMSIV would probably be in December, wouldn't it? If so, would sound good to me! Not sure if I'm going to available for the next few days, going to be cleaning this place up like a boss I guess =S

Dart

Smash Lord
I heard you were pretty bad with that Marth guy in Melee, anybody else care to agree? (I also heard you suck with that totally broken Snake guy in Brawl, but at least you don't try in that game, amirite)

;)

Oh yeah, would any of you guys be down for coming down for TIMS IV? (a smaller TIMS, like 1&2) As usual, we're not really sure where it's gonna be right now... but I'll keep something updated.
thats thanksgiving fool .. im def not gona b free then

Agreed!! josh is a horrible marth :p

lol josh im free tonight and friday or saturday maybe.

tho i need practice on Anthony or Sam's Falco..
so i herd u guys lose to said bad marth kthx ;)

jk anyways screw thanksgiving...lets smash saturday! and TIMS4? jeeze i def won't be going unless my grades improve which prolly won't happen til after the semester ends so...prolly january

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Psssh, only if you wanna get 4-stocked.

Kidding of course, but HELL no i wont play fox against your Marth.

Ill play my marth vs your marth, but I fully expect you to give me a beat down. Although I havent dropped a match to shonic in a serious marth ditto in a week or so. (I know hes terrible, but theres something to be said for not having dropped even a match)

Dart

Smash Lord
Psssh, only if you wanna get 4-stocked.

Kidding of course, but HELL no i wont play fox against your Marth.

Ill play my marth vs your marth, but I fully expect you to give me a beat down. Although I havent dropped a match to shonic in a serious marth ditto in a week or so. (I know hes terrible, but theres something to be said for not having dropped even a match)
well he's horribad at controlling spacing. some people just can't get around it. **** i played sveet at SMYM 9 a year ago and beat him at marth dittos on FoD which at the time was my worst map (i ended up choking on the set, but apparently sveets pretty good or at least pretty well known so idk)...we played at TIMS3 and i beat him on FD and BF so playstyles are a factor too.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I'd help if you'd make it down to TIMS4 (but then we'd have to play LOL)

If you want some advice or whatever, I could lend you some :) (find you videos to show some stuff too, but it might take me a day or two to get back to the computer :\ )

Top Bottom