• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People Mover Az Melee/Brawl Tourney!!!(UPDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Whoever's in Shiv's car.

ALSO.... just a random note.

The Melee pot split will be 50/30/20 (sorry Sean, you're making 15% less money, what ever shall you do?)

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
okay duffy thanks ill look for you...i'm about the same description, medium long brown hair, glasses, avg weight, 5.10, haha :D

thanks btw

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
OK, final roll call.

Sean
Xander
Forrest

@ 5pm

Xander and Sean, can you guys get to the university somehow? Also, where are you guys going? I can drop you off anywhere close to the US60, maybe a little farther.

fark

Smash Apprentice
ya thats who is doing it , for melee atleast. it has to be. no arguments.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!

is Goop or a member of Goop's posse coming to this? Chuckie?

ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
OK, final roll call.

Sean
Xander
Forrest

@ 5pm

Xander and Sean, can you guys get to the university somehow? Also, where are you guys going? I can drop you off anywhere close to the US60, maybe a little farther.
We're going to Tai's place.

Also; Looks like I'm a bit short on money for this, so I'll more than likely only be entering Melee singles, and Brawl singles.

If I get even less money than expected, I'll probably only entering Melee singles, since I need money to eat.

Unless someone's kind enough to buy me some lunch. :D

*Edit*

I don't think I'll have much, if any gas money for this. I can pay Shiv back when I get money, if he desires.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ya thats who is doing it , for melee atleast. it has to be. no arguments.
No it isn't, I have a better duo imo

Well, the thing is, I'm basing commentary off the content rather than just who's louder/crazier

I like commentary more when the commentators are two people who know a lot about the game (like, Wife, PC&Drephen, etc). Waffles and Phil are fun to listen to, but I like more serious commentary more.

is Goop or a member of Goop's posse coming to this? Chuckie?
Yes, Chuckie is. I'm pretty sure Goop is too.

p.s.

my commentating duo was Taj and Forward.

Ka and Oscar can be side-commentators, and they can be the main commentators in the grand finals/winner's finals, or in that case, any time the main two have tourney matches. It seems like a lot less, but those will be the absolutely most-watched matches of them all, so it evens out in a way.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

Well, the thing is, I'm basing commentary off the content rather than just who's louder/crazier

I like commentary more when the commentators are two people who know a lot about the game (like, Wife, PC&Drephen, etc). Waffles and Phil are fun to listen to, but I like more serious commentary more.

p.s.

Ka and Oscar can be side-commentators, and they can be the main commentators in the grand finals/winner's finals, which, although it seems like a lot less, those will be the absolutely most-watched matches of them all, so it evens out in a way.
Quoting this post for truth.

This post is also doubling as a plead for food while I'm up there. XD

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'd like Ka to commentate on my matches along with Tony and Sean so he can tell me to believe for eight minutes straight ^__~

<3333

maXXXpower

Smash Champion

p.s.

Ka and Oscar can be side-commentators, and they can be the main commentators in the grand finals/winner's finals, or in that case, any time the main two have tourney matches. It seems like a lot less, but those will be the absolutely most-watched matches of them all, so it evens out in a way.
ugh. it took me long enough to convince him to come, now i have to tell him he's only needed for a set or two of matches.

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
that's kinda sad. i miss Oscar and his craziness. i haven't seen him in several months. i need to make this.
---
someone please PM me Goopy's number so i can get a ride with him.

fark

Smash Apprentice
alright alright. oscar and taj or oscar and forward. we cant have taj and forward cuz that would just be boring, and since i said that i guess we cant have ka and oscar cuz that would be to much a joke, except for finals cuz they are doing finals. oscar has to be one since that is the only reason hes going. funny and insight works well rather than funny and funny and insight and insight.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
agree, a good mix makes for enjoyable, but still credible and helpful, commentary, imo.

xander, depending on how much money i have on me when i come up sat morn... i might be able to get u lunch or if you find a doubles partner maybe that too, if i'm in a nice mood :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
alright alright. oscar and taj or oscar and forward. we cant have taj and forward cuz that would just be boring, and since i said that i guess we cant have ka and oscar cuz that would be to much a joke, except for finals cuz they are doing finals. oscar has to be one since that is the only reason hes going. funny and insight works well rather than funny and funny and insight and insight.
Taj and Sean would give for the best serious commentary, which is the only I really care for.

Waffles and his crew are funny, but I will always prefer Wife, Drephen, and PC.

Waffles and his crew are the absolute best at hyping up matches, however when either of them are seperated, it's usually pretty mediocre.

If you've watched the set with the legendary 4 stock come back, that was easily the best set they've ever done in regards to commentating.

Overall when it comes to MLG/EVO commentating, anything involving M2K was golden.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
personally, i think commentating is annoying. i'd rather hear the in-game sounds and music only.

i don't even understand the point of commentary.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
to make it more interesting for people watching i'd guess lol

I think its cool sometimes to have other's opinions on whats going on, especially if I miss something important, or need something explained

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
commentary is almost as good as watching the match, if its done correctly. mlg commentary is sh*t. they don't know what is going on most of the time, not entertaining, and they don't like mudkipz.

are we gonna only have commentary for finals or for regular matches to? id like to have some commentary on some of my games :)

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
commentary is almost as good as watching the match, if its done correctly. mlg commentary is sh*t. they don't know what is going on most of the time, not entertaining, and they don't like mudkipz.

are we gonna only have commentary for finals or for regular matches to? id like to have some commentary on some of my games :)
It depends on if you enter Melee.... Brawl commentary would be pointless unless its funny-funny

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Or we could have Taj, Oscar, AND Forward.

EDIT: Chuckie's number is 520-403-2589

ALSO:

Pokey, the thing about having two serious commentators though is that Taj and Forward both have a good sense of humor. The inverse of this argument can't be said. You can't say that Oscar and Ka have a good amount of both because the truth is, they don't have the insight or knowledge on the game that Taj and Forward have.

Also, there's good chances that Forward and Taj will be off doing other stuff during the whole time, so people can jump in. It's not like Taj and Forward are going to be sitting at the computer commentating aalllllll day.

I'm going to have it recording through the mic all day, though probably.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
+5 relationship points with Tai.

[||||| ________________________________________________ ]

you are a godsend.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tai:

--Why.... yes I am! <--
--Aw, shucks, no I'm not!

*Input!*

"Why.... yes I am!"

fark

Smash Apprentice
how about since im hosting the whole thing and you are running the bracket,you choose one and ill choose the other

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I don't see why all three of them can't commentate.

Besides, do you think a TO has ever told Brandon that so-and-so had to commentate on his videos? No. Waffles owns all the equipment, and he's in charge of all the video processing and uploading, so he gets the final say on everything. The only thing is that the laptop isn't mine; it's Duffy's. If anyone can tell me who should and shouldn't commentate on these videos, it should be him.

Also, as I said before, Tony and Sean won't be camping out at the laptop the ENTIRE duration of the tournament. It's probably going to be an open-mic thing, except giving people priority. Look at Brandon and Phil's videos. There's two or three main commentators, and other people chime in occasionally, and if the two are busy, other people take over.

First priority goes to Sean, Tony, and Oscar (in no order), and everyone else goes after.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Another thing, are you even helping me run the tournament? The OP says that I'm running the Melee part. I know you got the venue and all, but like, what exactly are you doing? You said you're "hosting the whole thing", so please stick to your word and actually help me (doing sign-ups, calling matches, inputting results, etc).

I was under the impression that I was doing everything, but if you helped me run it, that would be wonderful.

I don't mean to offend. I'm serious; I thought I was in charge of the entire Melee part. If you helped, that would ****.

I have a really passive voice, so it would help to have someone else call the matches and tell people to sign up.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
The setup will be recording all day for Melee.

Only one setup, so matches WILL be prioritized.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
can we please have a friendly setup? thanks.
---
and i heard you guys were talking about other games being there...will you have Street Fighter!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom