• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People are hacking basic brawl.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
It's one of the files in the Homebrew Channel thing you download from the site (It's the 2nd one). That's not really important I just want to know how to copy it to the direct root of the SD card. After that I'll be done! Well, I'll have to start Ocarina but that's much easier to do, right?

I think you did do it differently, the tutorial is telling me to do this.

But...how did you do it after you got the Twilight hack into the RZDE file and named in Data.bin?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
ok when i done it i got a zip and just extracted it straight into the sd card, copied the data and then ran the hack
anyway yes ocarina is much easier
you just put the ocarina folder into the apps folder

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Okay what do you mean by zip (I know it's a type of file, but what does it do exactly or what makes it different?) and can you just explain that whole thing more clearly?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
no the zip has nothing to do with what your doing
just follow the tutorial
Good idea, I'm awful at this stuff lol.

One last thing(Lol, it probaly won't be the last thing knowing me), watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEuj0tUzanQ&feature=related at around 6:30 the guy talks about how you want to copy those 3 files into the direct root of the SD card. Can you just tell me how to copy it to there and where exactly the root is? I know you did it a different way but you seem to know this stuff unlike me.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
But it looks like I have to!

Whatever, I'll try ignoring it for now, should I just put my SD card in my Wii and try out the Twilight Hack part? Or do I do something else?

Revven

FrankerZ
Just put ALL the Homebrew Channel files (boot.elf and wiiload) into your SD Card (NOT the private folder) and you're done with this part. DO NOT ignore it.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
just put it in and copy the data over to your wii
what to do is go to wii settings then data then keep chossing the picture of the wii
at the end of this little bit make sure you go into the save data part
the click on sd card in the top right and chose the data and then copy
now start up twilight princess and choose the first[read ONLY] block and run backwards
keep pressing 1 in the wiimote untill you get to the wii menu
now look for the homebrew channel
@falco:what does wiiload do?i dont have it =/

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Just put ALL the Homebrew Channel files (boot.elf and wiiload) into your SD Card (NOT the private folder) and you're done with this part.
Yay! You're back.

See, the problem is I don't know how to copy them there. First off when I right click and they're all highlighted no copy option shows up. Is it under a different name because of the program?

Also, it goes into the removable disk thing right? I'm pretty sure that's it but I want to make sure. The picture next to it is a SD card so....yeah.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yay! You're back.

See, the problem is I don't know how to copy them there. First off when I right click and they're all highlighted no copy option shows up. Is it under a different name because of the program?

Also, it goes into the removable disk thing right? I'm pretty sure that's it but I want to make sure. The picture next to it is a SD card so....yeah.
By "copy" they mean just drag and drop to the removable disk (which is yes, your SD Card).

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
By "copy" they mean just drag and drop to the removable disk (which is yes, your SD Card).
Alright...I did it!

Time to try it out!

Edit: Okay, I clearly did something wrong. Was I supposed to put the data.bin (Twilight hack) into the SD card as well afterwards? It makes sense...

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
nvm i found out what wiiload does...i think
you seem to need your wii and computer connected to the internet at the same time for it to work
i cant do that =/

Revven

FrankerZ
Alright...I did it!

Time to try it out!

Edit: Okay, I clearly did something wrong. Was I supposed to put the data.bin (Twilight hack) into the SD card as well afterwards? It makes sense...
If you already put the Twilight Hack into the RZDE folder it is already in the SD Card.

Revven

FrankerZ
I put it there. Yet when I put my SD card into my Wii and I go to the SD card part the Twilight hack isn't there!
Okay, let's go over a few things then.

1. The Twilight Hack you downloaded, did you make sure it was the USA Save?

2. Is the RZDE folder in the title folder?

3. What is the .bin called? You might have changed the name and if you did that could mess things up. It needs to remain title.bin in order for the Wii to detect it.

Lemme know if it's any one of these.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Okay, let's go over a few things then.

1. The Twilight Hack you downloaded, did you make sure it was the USA Save?

2. Is the RZDE folder in the title folder?

3. What is the .bin called? You might have changed the name and if you did that could mess things up. It needs to remain title.bin in order for the Wii to detect it.

Lemme know if it's any one of these.
1. Yep.

2. Yep.

3. Here's the problem! I named it Data.bin! So I have to change it to title.bin?

I'll go try that out...

Edit: Ugh, it didn't work. Still nothing shows up. I named it "title.bin" what could be wrong?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
ok check the folders go like this
privite>wii>title>RZDE[i dont know if thats what the american version is called im just guessing it is]>then title.bin

Revven

FrankerZ
1. Yep.

2. Yep.

3. Here's the problem! I named it Data.bin! So I have to change it to title.bin?

I'll go try that out...

Edit: Ugh, it didn't work. Still nothing shows up. I named it "title.bin" what could be wrong?
Umm... did you download the latest version? (The version for Wii update 3.3) If you did then... the only other solution is to redownload it and trash the one you have and put the new one you just downloaded in its place (leaving the name the way it is). Perhaps when you tried to open it in winRAR is messed something up so, redownloading it might fix it.

I'm going to be leaving soon, so, when I do, you'll be on your own. I won't be back until Monday (going to Toledo for a day).

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, good at least I know the problem.

Is the installation the same? Where can I get this version?
Basically, where you linked to, download it from the first link. Unzip it (double click it) and then you'll see the .bin, put the .bin where it's supposed to go (in the RZDE folder) make sure you've gotten rid of the one that didn't work. DO NOT double click the .bin, only double click to unzip it so you can put the .bin in the RZDE folder.

Lemme know if it then shows up on your Wii or not.

Edit: Do not rename the .bin either.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Basically, where you linked to, download it from the first link. Unzip it (double click it) and then you'll see the .bin, put the .bin where it's supposed to go (in the RZDE folder) make sure you've gotten rid of the one that didn't work. DO NOT double click the .bin, only double click to unzip it so you can put the .bin in the RZDE folder.

Lemme know if it then shows up on your Wii or not.
****, I just deleted one of the wii homebrew files, I was supposed to delete those...right? If not I can just reinstall it again...right?

Anyways, I downloaded it from the first link the first time, double click this time?

Which files do I erase? Just the Twilight and Homebrew channel ones?

Revven

FrankerZ
****, I just deleted one of the wii homebrew files, I was supposed to delete those...right? If not I can just reinstall it again...right?

Anyways, I downloaded it from the first link the first time, double click this time?

Which files do I erase? Just the Twilight and Homebrew channel ones?
Which homebrew file was it? If it wasn't the boot.elf, it doesn't matter. Just erase the Twilight Hack save file, the Homebrew stuff stays. Double click the .zip to unzip it.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Which homebrew file was it? If it wasn't the boot.elf, it doesn't matter. Just erase the Twilight Hack save file, the Homebrew stuff stays. Double click the .zip to unzip it.
It was the boot.elf....

You know what I just realized? I'm an idiot. I was so excited I forgot to make another Zelda file...it probaly would have worked if I did that, wouldn't it?

I guess I'll have to reinstall the homebrew channel file, right?

Revven

FrankerZ
It was the boot.elf....

You know what I just realized? I'm an idiot. I was so excited I forgot to make another Zelda file...it probaly would have worked if I did that, wouldn't it?

I guess I'll have to reinstall the homebrew channel file, right?
Yeah, just put the boot.elf back into the SD Card and you should be good (that is, when you redownload the HBC files). I don't think starting a new Zelda file will do anything but, if it doesn't work once you've put the new Twilight Hack save file you've downloaded into the RZDE folder then you can try making a new save file and then copying it to your SD Card if you want.

Edit: I'm going to go, I'm tired and I need to be up early in the morning tomorrow. If you need anymore help join Wiibrew.org forums for help and questions on your problem(s) and someone will surely be able to assist you with installing the HBC.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Yeah, just put the boot.elf back into the SD Card and you should be good (that is, when you redownload the HBC files). I don't think starting a new Zelda file will do anything but, if it doesn't work once you've put the new Twilight Hack save file you've downloaded into the RZDE folder then you can try making a new save file and then copying it to your SD Card if you want.
Sorry for the late response, I'm confused.

So I just took the boot.elf file from WinRAR so it's back, do I still need to reninstall?

I'm really confused on this one part. Are you telling me that if I uninstall, then install the same thing I just installed but double click something, it will work? You said "When you redownload the HBC files" but you also told me they stay? Do they stay or do they get deleted like the twilight hack?

Aww, you're gone. I'll ask there. Oh my god I have to wait for a moderator to approve my account. ****. I can't sleep and I want to get this done, a moderator won't approve it until morning!

bobson

Smash Lord
It is quite possible to play on all 5 Target Tests, not just level 1. You need to change the sub stage ID to do it.
Which part is the sub ID in the wifi stage code, if it's there at all? I'm getting bored of target test 1.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I found out the problem, I need to format my SD card to FAT16. The problem is I can only format it to FAT32 when I right click then click on format. What should I do to format it to FAT16?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Question: For the Homebrew Channel you need the "Twilight Hack" Right? Which requires a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If it just so happened that you were a cheap Rip-Off Artist who doesn't feel like spending $50 on a copy of a game he/she already have for Gamecube.... Could you just rent it from Blockbuster or another Video Game renting store such as Netflix, or do you need to use it multiple times?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Question: For the Homebrew Channel you need the "Twilight Hack" Right? Which requires a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If it just so happened that you were a cheap Rip-Off Artist who doesn't feel like spending $50 on a copy of a game he/she already have for Gamecube.... Could you just rent it from Blockbuster or another Video Game renting store such as Netflix, or do you need to use it multiple times?
You can rent it, it's fine. You should buy it though, it's a great game.

HOW DO I ADD CODES TO OCARINA!?

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
This happened to me twice, except it put me on the Home Run Stage both times, and no matter how far we were sent flying in any direction we couldn't die, yet when we walked to the left side of the screen soon we hit a wall, whereas when we were hit by a bomb in sudden death (which in fact knocked us to the left side of the screen) we were sent flying even further than where the "wall" was put. As for the right side of the screen, we would continue running until somehow we fell off the stage and kept falling until I decided to quit.

I have both replays saved on my phone (with commentary), one on youtube, but it doesn't explain the video very well, but I plan on loading the other one up asap in order to explain what happened better, so you'll have to read the description for the one on youtube FIRST.

Here's the link if you are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNlqeoj3gd0

Top Bottom