• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People are hacking basic brawl.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yeah, I need to get a SD Card reader too.

I wish I could see the expression on people's faces when you hack basic brawl and play with them xD

And,

If you hack Basic Brawl and stay in the waiting room for a few minutes to wait for people to join, would that screw up the Ocarina codes?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
@spartan:ok sorry if i offended you =/
@powerbomb: the only person that can see the hacks are you
apart from stage hacks everyone can see those[as in all will see that you are on target test]

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I got my SD card reader! Time to start.

Thanks for the advice earlier Falco400.

EDIT: I really need help. I am so confused on how to install the homebrew channel. I went to the site and downloaded them but I really don't know what to do next. It's all confusing with files and stuff. I'm bad at this. Somone explain this pleeeease.

The main problem is that I can't get to the main SD card hub or whatever that I see in all the videos. I'm confused and pissed off. Do I need to format my SD card to Fat16? Will that delete my Brawl snapshots I stored on my SD card?

I'm just so awful at this. The main problem seems to be the fact that I can't get to that SD card ROOT thing. This is so annoying. I can't do anything else until I can get to there.

Somone reply! I really need help.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I got my SD card reader! Time to start.

Thanks for the advice earlier Falco400.

EDIT: I really need help. I am so confused on how to install the homebrew channel. I went to the site and downloaded them but I really don't know what to do next. It's all confusing with files and stuff. I'm bad at this. Somone explain this pleeeease.

The main problem is that I can't get to the main SD card hub or whatever that I see in all the videos. I'm confused and pissed off. Do I need to format my SD card to Fat16? Will that delete my Brawl snapshots I stored on my SD card?

I'm just so awful at this. The main problem seems to be the fact that I can't get to that SD card ROOT thing. This is so annoying. I can't do anything else until I can get to there.

Somone reply! I really need help.
You need to wipe your SD Card clean, I think.

And danielgordon1sm64, if you play as a giant SSE Colored Lucario in basic brawl, only you will see it, and everyone else won't?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wow, I need to start playing basic brawl again.

Or if a hacker wants to play with me on some hacked stages, I'm all for it :D

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
You need to wipe your SD Card clean, I think.

And danielgordon1sm64, if you play as a giant SSE Colored Lucario in basic brawl, only you will see it, and everyone else won't?
Well at least somone responded....it didn't adress my main concern though. I guess I'll have to put all those Snapshots back on Brawl for now....

Revven

FrankerZ
Could you still help me?

I can't get to the main hub thing for the SD card I see in the guide videos. I can't get to the ROOT either, whatever that is.
The root is just you opening the SD Card where you see the folder private. Put the HBC files (boot.elf and etc.) in the root (your SD Card, just put them in there, NOT in private) and go into private>wii>title>RZDE and take your Zelda save out and put it onto your desktop. Then put the Twilight Hack Save where your TP save was (make sure you've erased the TP save file before putting the Twilight Hack save file in). Then put your SD Card into your Wii and load up TP. Choose the first save file, walk backwards a bit until you get a black screen and follow the instructions it says to do (press what it tells you to press). Make SURE you don't have any GCN Memory Cards in your Wii.

Oh and you shouldn't have to format your SD Card, as long as it is read and you can write to it (put files in it) you're good.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Dang.

I really need to hurry up and get a SD Card reader.

These hacks are becoming even more interesting as time passes x.x

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
The root is just you opening the SD Card where you see the folder private. Put the HBC files (boot.elf and etc.) in the root (your SD Card, just put them in there, NOT in private) and go into private>wii>title>RZDE and take your Zelda save out and put it onto your desktop. Then put the Twilight Hack Save where your TP save was (make sure you've erased the TP save file before putting the Twilight Hack save file in). Then put your SD Card into your Wii and load up TP. Choose the first save file, walk backwards a bit until you get a black screen and follow the instructions it says to do (press what it tells you to press). Make SURE you don't have any GCN Memory Cards in your Wii.

Oh and you shouldn't have to format your SD Card, as long as it is read and you can write to it (put files in it) you're good.
You're the best man! I had no idea what any of that stuff was.

I have a problem though. When I try to move things to that folder inside "Private" I can't because private doesn't show up when looking where to move it to. How do I make it show up or is there another way of moving it?

Revven

FrankerZ
You're the best man! I had no idea what any of that stuff was.

I have a problem though. When I try to move things to that folder inside "Private" I can't because private doesn't show up when looking where to move it to. How do I make it show up or is there another way of moving it?
Wait, what? You're saying you can access the private folder but, you don't see the other folders inside it?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Wait, what? You're saying you can access the private folder but, you don't see the other folders inside it?
Wait nevermind. I misread what you said completely and I thought I was supposed to save things like Twilight Hack and .ELF in the private folder (which I couldn't do because when I click save the list of folders I could save it, it doesn't show up)

I can see those fine. So I save Twilight Hack and .ELF to my SD card right? How exactly do I do that? I'm really awful with this stuff, first time using an SD card to be honest.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wait nevermind. I misread what you said completely and I thought I was supposed to save things like Twilight Hack and .ELF in the private folder (which I couldn't do because when I click save the list of folders I could save it, it doesn't show up)

I can see those fine. So I save Twilight Hack and .ELF to my SD card right? How exactly do I do that? I'm really awful with this stuff, first time using an SD card to be honest.
Okay, just click on the boot.elf and move it (hover it over the SD Card) and let go. Go into your private>wii>title>RZDE and take your TP save out (it should be called "title.bin"). Then, keeping that folder open, trash it and put the Twilight Hack save file into that folder. Once you've done that, let me know and we'll go onto the next step.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Okay, just click on the boot.elf and move it (hover it over the SD Card) and let go. Go into your private>wii>title>RZDE and take your TP save out (it should be called "title.bin"). Then, keeping that folder open, trash it and put the Twilight Hack save file into that folder. Once you've done that, let me know and we'll go onto the next step.
God I feel stupid. I put .ELF into the folder named SD card...but that's only a name. I just made it while moving my pictures into a folder. That was dumb...

So where exactly do I find this SD card part I'm supposed to drag it over to?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
open the sd card through my computer and then stick boot.elf in there
when its just open and you havnt went into any folders thats the "root"

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
where you dragged the pictures out of
basicly open it through my computer and then stick it in there
I dragged the pictures out of the private folder, so I DO stick .ELF and Twilight Hack in the private folder? This is getting confusing.

Wait! I think I got it! It's in my computer and it's called removable disk. That's it, right?

Revven

FrankerZ
I dragged the pictures out of the private folder, so I DO stick .ELF and Twilight Hack in the private folder? This is getting confusing.
No, you don't. Just put the boot.elf next to the private folder. The Twilight Hack goes into where I have told you twice already.

private in wii in title in RZDE. Move your current save file (title.bin) to your desktop.

You know what, I'm just going to give you the tutorial.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1w-ycJ3Pkc

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nc2VKEbMDs

DO NOT FORMAT YOUR SD CARD LIKE IT TELLS YOU TO, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO. IGNORE THAT STEP IN THE TUTORIAL.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
So I put it in the SD card (Which is called removable disk on my computer, right?) then I put that next to the private folder? Why? For convenience or is there a reason? Or did I misread what you said Daniel?

Sorry for confusing you guys but I can't stress how awful I am at this.

Revven

FrankerZ
So I put it in the SD card (Which is called removable disk on my computer, right?) then I put that next to the private folder? Why? For convenience or is there a reason?

Sorry for confusing you guys but I can't stress how awful I am at this.
Just watch the tutorial all is explained by it and in visual view.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
ok watch the vids but i will anwser your Qs
1.yes
2.coz im confusing you
3.see above
4.meh

anyway yes i will help i dont plan on sleeping for another hour or so
although when it gets to this thing about disc numbers i cant help you there coz thats only for america =/

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Lol, I fail at this.

I just realized winRAR is my SD card viewer thing...it is right?!?!? So I delete the Data bin file, right?

Edit: So I clicked on Twilight hack in winRAR but it says it's name then "Unexpected end of archive". What now? Do I uninstall it and reinstall it?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
To late. The tutorial I'm watching told me to do it...if it's my TP save I don't care that much about it anymore. I just want to get this working!

Revven

FrankerZ
Lol, I fail at this.

I just realized winRAR is my SD card viewer thing...it is right?!?!? So I delete the Data bin file, right?

Edit: So I clicked on Twilight hack in winRAR but it says it's name then "Unexpected end of archive". What now? Do I uninstall it and reinstall it?
-.-...

Okay, move the title.bin (your Zelda save) to your desktop, THEN trash it, DO NOT do anything with the Twilight Hack save file (as in double click it) where your TP save originally was, put the Twilight Hack there. You do not have to open it.

Edit: Ah well, probably should've been smarter and thought about it XD. Well, as long as you watch the tutorial from here on (after you've put the TP hack in the RZDE folder) it's pretty easy.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
ok fine your loss
anyway now copy the twighlight hack into where your save file was and be sure to copy the american version of twilight hack
EDIT:well the tut should help from now and should be telling you things
incedently do you have the latest version of twighlight hack?
also have you updated your wii recently?[if you havnt then its fine if you have then you need the latest version of twilight hack]
EDIT2: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=26180 read that once you have installed the homebrew channel as it tells you how to install ocarina and how to use brawl codes

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I copy it into where the data bin file was?

Which one was that under, title?

Anyways I still don't know how to fix this problem I brought up just a bit ago. When I clicked on Twilight hack in winRAR but it says it's name then "Unexpected end of archive". What now? Do I uninstall it and reinstall it?

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'm excited for when Wario Man Defeats the Evil of Subspace.

(Or Wario Man Boss Battles)

Revven

FrankerZ
I copy it into where the data bin file was?

Which one was that under, title?

Anyways I still don't know how to fix this problem I brought up just a bit ago. When I clicked on Twilight hack in winRAR but it says it's name then "Unexpected end of archive". What now? Do I uninstall it and reinstall it?
You didn't need to open the Twilight Hack, just exit out of winRAR. And yes, you copy the Twilight Hack save file to where your TP save was which is under title>RZDE (so, in other words, open the folder called title and then open the folder called RZDE and put the .bin there).

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
You didn't need to open the Twilight Hack, just exit out of winRAR. And yes, you copy the Twilight Hack save file to where your TP save was which is under title>RZDE (so, in other words, open the folder called title and then open the folder called RZDE and put the .bin there).
Alright, I was just being curious. It's fine, right? Opening it didn't cause any problems?

I put it in the RZDE folder! I feel like I actually did something right for once with this! What's next? I renamed it Data.bin too. I'm supposed to do that, right?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
the bosses arnt playable aprently for some reason
you cant even play as master or crazy hand =/
edit:what hippochinfat said as well

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Okay...so I opened up the Homebrew channel file now and I'm supposed to copy the .ELF, Read me and Wiiload files into the direct root, right? I just want to make sure, where exactly is that?

And going over all of them then right clicking doesn't bring up a copy option. Is is just another a different name because of the program?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
wait whats this wiiload you speak of?
also what are you doing right now?why are you opening homebrew channel files?
im starting to think i done this a different way from the way its meant to be done

Top Bottom