• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People are hacking basic brawl.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Seriously. I just played basic brawl, and somehow we got a target test stage... This happened like 4 times in a row. The only explanation I can think of is somebody hacking it. I saved the replay, and it said the stage was FD, and it had a plain grey backround. Anybody else have this happen to them? (this happened last night)

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
yes people are now hacking brawl. someone now has a vid on youtube battling on the practice stage

bobson

Smash Lord
And it is hilarious! I'm waiting for Twilight Princess to arrive in the mail so I can start hacking alongside them.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Wow that must suck, but it sounds kinda fun to battle on a practice stage. I hope there are no bad sides like crashing the game or something.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Definitely would be a pleasant change. But are the target stages nuetral?
lol
The End.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
That would be fun.
I'd do it too, but I don't wanna mess up my Wii.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't know much about ARs, but for GCN, anyway, the only way you could mess it up is if you didn't know how to use the debug menu or something. You could apply preset codes, put your own, or access the debug menu.

Once again I don't know much about it, but I think the risk for the AR hurting your Wii is low

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well I don't know much about ARs, but for GCN, anyway, the only way you could mess it up is if you didn't know how to use the debug menu or something. You could apply preset codes, put your own, or access the debug menu.

Once again I don't know much about it, but I think the risk for the AR hurting your Wii is low
Its not Action Replay.
Its the homebrew channel.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
This requires intense discussion on whether or not target test stages are tournament legal.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Ahaha yea.

Target Test 5 is banned cuz of spikes and the weird edge where the beam sword is...

Target Test 4 is banned cuz it's too big and slippery...

Target Test 1 can stay...

lol jk

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
only stage hacks would be ok as anything else would cause desync
as in you made your f-smash really strong you hit someone they die but on their wii they just got hit and didnt die[unless they were going to die anyway]

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Target test lvl1+with anyone=most fun in Brawl I've ever had.

And no, if you come across these kinds of hackers, your game won't crash. Worst case the hackers wii would crash.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't know. I don't make the codes. It could be possible.Dunno though.

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
People shouldn't have to hack to make stock matches possible. Come on, Nintendo, just give us 4-stock matches as an option already.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
All target test stages are illegal. They all have walls. This will allow for infinites.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
i know im double posting buuuuuuuut
there are codes to change the match settings
i havnt tried them yet and i dont know if theres any ntsc codes that do this

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
i will very soon be "such a hacker"
seriously im using the 4 stock code ALL THE TIME
also saves time when playing normal brawls

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Dude, wonderful.

The first thing I'd do is find an ally on wifi with anyone, then team up against everyone else, and as soon as "we" win, just taunt spam until the others get sick and leave >:D

peeup

Smash Lord
ATTENTION:

Can everybody who can hack to make it stock/target test stages do so whenever they are in "with anyone"?! I really want to brawl in a hacked game, but I lack the attention span/knowledge to hack it myself.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol.

So you'd rather go out of your way to tell everyone out there that can hack to hack, rather than go out of your way to hack on your own? ;D

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION:

Can everybody who can hack to make it stock/target test stages do so whenever they are in "with anyone"?! I really want to brawl in a hacked game, but I lack the attention span/knowledge to hack it myself.
yes it will work
but about target test your stage still needs to be chosen
its not like just because you have the hack it will just work
all it does is change your selection to target test stages
i.e
player 1/you choose target test 1/halberd[the stage you chose from the stage select screen]
player 2 chooses final destination
player 3 chooses greenhill zone

in that situation theres a 1 in 3 chance of getting your stage picked therfore making it a 1 in 3 chance of getting the hacked stage

also why is everyone obsessed about getting target test
waiting room stage is awsome!
[i feel as if im pretending to be an expert in this but ive only been hacking 1 maybe 2 days :laugh: it isnt as hard as you would think]

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
im going online soon with these hacks but i doubt i will get any of you since your all in america =/
its good to know hacked stages dont cause desync though also i will post with what happens with the 4 stock always hack

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
I wish there was some way you could be sure who were fighting on wifi with anyone (even though that defeats the purpose of "with anyone"... lol)

Reason being is cuz that way, you'd have a major desync battle on everyone's end, with different effects (i.e. player 1 set high powered fsmashes, player 2 set high powered aerials, player 3 set low powered smashes, or something like that) and each send in the replays to each other. You'd have four different battles of the same thing xD

Top Bottom