• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People are hacking basic brawl.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Let's pretend I'm a total noob, and didn't understand what you just typed very well. =P

Real-time? Does that mean the codes are activated for a short while?

And can you use the Ocarina without the homebrew channel, or is it absolutely necessary?

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
ok
realtime means you can activate the codes/change something RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT
ocarina NEEDS the homebrew channel to operate
yet ocarina is more new-user friendly(i think)[i dont want to say noob friendly since i dont like the word]

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Ok.

I heard that to get the Homebrew Channel you have to use TLoZ: Twilight Princess because it has some
sort of security hole. Is this true?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Maybe I shouldn't have sold TP o.o

Do you have to keep using Twilight Princess even after you've installed the Homebrew Channel?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Thanks guys. I found out where to get the Ocarina and Homebrew Channel and install it from this one youtube vid.

Now all I need to do is find a suitable SD Card port for my comp and borrow TP from my friends x.x
Shame I don't have a suitable SD Card port for my comp. >.<

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
i spent 2 days hunting for my sd card
and i found it
im lucky in that i have a laptop so i can just stick it in the side =D

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yeah, I have a laptop (2 in fact, but who cares about that? xD) and an SD Card handy, but I don't think there's a port for my SD Card in my laptop, which royally sucks.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
what to do is look for holes and try sticking the sd card in XD
well i hope you get homebrew channel working and such since its awsome[no more waiting for virtual console releases...actually no more buying them either]

wing43

Smash Rookie
not a question for online play hacking but is it possible to use this for boss battles?

wing43

Smash Rookie
yes it is possible for all modes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5akbTbKtfpc
me playing boss battles on intense as gigabowser[proof of the hacks working =D]
Yeah, it is.

You can edit your size and play on boss battles. Not sure about using the stage itself in regular brawls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdb_GPA_NNE
o my lord. i gotta try this after a few more go's. is there a setting that looks a little legit xD? I want to make a friend rage :chuckle:

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
542% damage each and went flying faster than jiggly shield breaking and getting hit by tabuu's off-waves at the same time...yea it was fast

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
well i had to tone it down abit since i didnt exactly want to end all life
and yes thats what i meant
although it only seems to affct knocback=/
or maybe my opponents die so quickly the damage meter wont rise

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Dang.

Turns out I need a SD Card USB Adapter or whatever its called.
I can just borrow TP from my friends or something.

And then I can finally start getting on to the Twilight Hack. Heh.

I seriously need to try that. Get Captain Falcon and make his defense and damage higher, play on boss battles and...

I know you all know whats coming next.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Dang.

Turns out I need a SD Card USB Adapter or whatever its called.
I can just borrow TP from my friends or something.

And then I can finally start getting on to the Twilight Hack. Heh.

I seriously need to try that. Get Captain Falcon and make his defense and damage higher, play on boss battles and...

I know you all know whats coming next.
powerbomb? ganon pic? rob main? confused!

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
That's a good thing.

I'm probaly going to get Ocarina soon so I can do this. Are there any risks? Is it easy if I don't have experience with techy stuff? Do I have to stop Nintendo from viewing the games I'm playing via Nintendo Channel?

Revven

FrankerZ
That's a good thing.

I'm probaly going to get Ocarina soon so I can do this. Are there any risks? Is it easy if I don't have experience with techy stuff? Do I have to stop Nintendo from viewing the games I'm playing via Nintendo Channel?
There are some risks, but, not damaging to your Wii console, rather to your Brawl save. But, as long as you back it up with the Savegame Extractor and reinstall the save back on with Savegam Installer you're good. However, there are codes that fix the problems that you may get anyway so, it doesn't matter. The worse that can happen is you can't access some stages caused by a code or two (most notably stage editor codes and character mod) but, otherwise, everything else is fine.

And, I'd erase the Nintendo Channel completely just incase, you may never know. And it is very easy if you have no experience in techy stuff. :)

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
There are some risks, but, not damaging to your Wii console, rather to your Brawl save. But, as long as you back it up with the Savegame Extractor and reinstall the save back on with Savegam Installer you're good. However, there are codes that fix the problems that you may get anyway so, it doesn't matter. The worse that can happen is you can't access some stages caused by a code or two (most notably stage editor codes and character mod) but, otherwise, everything else is fine.

And, I'd erase the Nintendo Channel completely just incase, you may never know. And it is very easy if you have no experience in techy stuff. :)
Thanks for the quick reply and info.

One last thing, I'm not to sure how you get Ocarina. Do you buy it? Download it? Also since you use TP, does it mess up your TP save? I'm doing another playthrough now.

Revven

FrankerZ
Thanks for the quick reply and info.

One last thing, I'm not to sure how you get Ocarina. Do you buy it? Download it? Also since you use TP, does it mess up your TP save? I'm doing another playthrough now.
You can get Ocarina here it's in the stickied thread for download, 100% free.

As for your TP save, when you're done with the Twilight Hack, you can erase the Twilight Hack save file and put yours back on (remember to keep it on your computer when you're putting the Twilight Hack save file into your SD Card!!) So, in other words, copy your save file to SD Card, dump onto computer, copy Twilight Hack save file into where your TP Save was and when done put back your original save.

Of course, there's more to the Twilight Hack than just that. Search youtube for a video tutorial or two. :)

Oh and you get all the latest codes from the same place I linked you to, so, it is worth joining.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord

As for your TP save, when you're done with the Twilight Hack, you can erase the Twilight Hack save file and put yours back on (remember to keep it on your computer when you're putting the Twilight Hack save file into your SD Card!!) So, in other words, copy your save file to SD Card, dump onto computer, copy Twilight Hack save file into where your TP Save was and when done put back your original save.

Of course, there's more to the Twilight Hack than just that. Search youtube for a video tutorial or two. :)

Oh and you get all the latest codes from the same place I linked you to, so, it is worth joining.
Thanks! One last thing, I mean it this time.

With TP I can just put my save on an SD card, right? But with Brawl I know you can't so how does a save extractor work and how can I get it? Also, what about Brawl Snapshots? I can store them on the same SD card as the codes, right? They're the only thing I really care about in my save.

PowerBomb

Smash Master

Yeah, I've seen two youtube vid's that show how to use/install the homebrew channel and Ocarina. I think it was somewhere in Misc Media.

And Xyro...

Whaaaat? That Ganon pic is ****ing awesome. And I need to change my main thing, I don't use ROB so much anymore...

And Powerbombs were awesome in most Metroid games I played.

Revven

FrankerZ
Thanks! One last thing, I mean it this time.

With TP I can just put my save on an SD card, right? But with Brawl I know you can't so how does a save extractor work and how can I get it? Also, what about Brawl Snapshots? I can store them on the same SD card as the codes, right? They're the only thing I really care about in my save.
Basically, the Savegame Extractor can be installed onto the Homebrew Channel (much like Ocarina) and all you do is open the application and it'll ask you to put the game in you want to copy the savefile to your SD Card. After you've done that, you press A on the GCN Controller (1st port) and it does everything for you! Don't worry if it doesn't show you have it on the Wii in the SD Card area, it's normal, when you install it back on with the Savegame Installer (done the same way as the Extractor) it'll be there. And, as for Snapshots, yes you can keep them on the same SD Card as codes. Only thing, you can't access your SD Card at any point when you're using Ocarina, so, save anything you take on your Wii and copy it over when you're done with Ocarina.

You can get the Savegame Extractor and Savegame Installer from Wiibrew.org in the Homebrew Apps section. Just change the .elf files to boot.elf and put it into the apps folder where all your HBC applications will go when you download HBC and put it into your SD Card. :)

Hope this explained everything.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
this has became a faq rather that be about basic brawl bieng hacked
not that im complaining
also yea no damage to wii etc. only a chance of damage to the brawl save and twilight princess saves still work[i was playing it today super clawshot ftw!!]

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
****! I need an SD card reader it turns out. I guess I'll go out again and get one...

Also, where do I stick the SD card into my computer?

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Wow I seriously need to get online more. FUN :D

Also does anyone know if it can screw up your game or the wii, its firmware or something by installing homebrew stuff? I'm a nub at this.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
I'm not THAT noob at this, I just say Im a noob cause I havent tried this yet.
But I do know how to install and everything.

Top Bottom